Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wonder if there's any way to get Russell Wilson to take the m's by surprise.

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    JAC just tweeted Ms and Mets are favs to sign bourn. i dont see any other reports about Ms so ill disregard for now. if it were true.... it prolly goes down as another WTF scenario.

vCash
    Don't the arbitration rules apply when a guy is signed to a multi-year deal?

Or am I thinking of the previous CBA?

If that's the case, I assume he'd have signed a one year deal by now.

vCash
    The M's would have to can Saunders and/or Guti and Bourn would be switching to the AL in his 30's. Why did they sign Ibanez again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    The M's would have to can Saunders and/or Guti and Bourn would be switching to the AL in his 30's. Why did they sign Ibanez again?
    Why the hell did they acquire Morse again?

vCash
    i think its very mild interest, they'd have to have a doable trade for guti or saunders on the hook and a very team friendly deal, i dont think id want to go more than 22mil, maybe with a 3rd yr option.
    Last edited by Rain City; 01-24-2013 at 03:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Don't the arbitration rules apply when a guy is signed to a multi-year deal?

Or am I thinking of the previous CBA?

If that's the case, I assume he'd have signed a one year deal by now.
    i believe the compensation is for any deal signed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    JAC just tweeted Ms and Mets are favs to sign bourn. i dont see any other reports about Ms so ill disregard for now. if it were true.... it prolly goes down as another WTF scenario.
    no no no no no just no. let him go to NY

vCash
    CF Bourn
    3B Seager
    LF Morse
    DH Morales
    C Montero
    RF Saunders
    1B Smoak
    2B Ackley
    SS Ryan

B Andino
    B Paulino
    B Wells
    B Gutierrez

That's how it looks if they wise up and dump Ibanez. Just don't think it makes much sense at this point unless they have a deal in place like a SP for Smoak and Guti. In that case it'd look like:

CF Bourn
    3B Seager
    1B Morse
    DH Morales
    C Montero
    LF Saunders
    RF Wells
    2B Ackley
    SS Ryan

B Ibanez
    B Andino
    B Paulino
    B Bay

vCash
    Ibanez is a bench bat.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    The reason i wouldn't be against Bourn is because we are going to need an elite defender out in CF with Morse and Ibanez playing he also could be a lead off bat don't really like how he strikes out though.

I would be fine with Saunders just explaining why Bourn wouldn't be a bad idea.

vCash
    The pick does it for me. He just isn't a big enough improvement to warrant that.

Plus like others said, we have too many guys already. We already have an elite defensive CF, assuming he can stay healthy. Keep the pick and the money and put it towards something worthwhile.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    plus his asking price is hilarious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    The pick does it for me. He just isn't a big enough improvement to warrant that.

Plus like others said, we have too many guys already. We already have an elite defensive CF, assuming he can stay healthy. Keep the pick and the money and put it towards something worthwhile.
    Lol Guti stay healthy thats a good one 2 years he hasn't been able to stay healthy even if he was i would start Saunders over him more upside and hasn't been away from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    plus his asking price is hilarious
    Do we have legit sources telling us his asking price because i bet it won't be that high of a number when all is said and done he is running out of options with Upton now with the Braves then the Minnesota trade to Phillie.

I could see this move really happening Z has been adding veterans like Morse and Morales he is trying to show Felix that we are trying to win who knows if we sign him though just saying its possible.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 01-24-2013 at 08:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Lol Guti stay healthy thats a good one 2 years he hasn't been able to stay healthy even if he was i would start Saunders over him more upside and hasn't been away from the game.
    The thing is, he hasnt had like a recurring injury or anything. Most of his injuries have been freak things. IBS, then getting hit in the head are both unlikely to effect him later. It would be different if he kept messing up a knee or something, but thats not the case. At this point, he just seems unlucky
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast