Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    IMO there first few picks should be to revamp the defense (especially if they go to a 3-4). Adding a WR later in the draft would be nice but you aren't going to get a major playmaker right away in the middle rounds. As far as FA goes, I like Bowe, but I still don't think they are going to sign another 10 million dollar a year WR when they already have Jackson making that and Maclin nearing a pay raise. I'd like to see it but this isn't the year its going to happen IMO.
    I agree with a lot of this except it doesn't really matter how much holes we have if you see a stud difference maker on either side you take it.

Look at the Falcons had a crummy *** defense with tons of holes but still gave up a lot of their draft for a Julio then went the trade route and relied on their guys panning out and look how they turned out.

If we can find a stud WR or DE or whatever it is that'll have a huge impact on our team and help negate some of our deficiencies then we go for it. Filling holes is never a good idea in a draft thats why our drafts sucked a lot until last year

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    I am just talking about a real oppertunity I think he earned at leat that and if he can not cut it well than he gets cut but at leat he gets a ral oppertunity just like others do...just looking for the fairness for everyone
    Yeah I can agree he does deserve that. Cooper does go up and get the ball, or at least puts in a good effort. Cooper and Foles did look pretty good together last year too.

vCash
    I'd rather try and draft/sign a bigger TE who can move that we could move around than another WR.

Jackson, Maclin and Avant is a very good 1-2-3 at the WR position. If we could get someone like Greg Jennings (rumors are that he will be cut) to come in and help out, I'd be interested in that. But if we can't get a playmaker around the goal line, then I think the best move is to get a bigger, athletic TE. I'm actually a fan of Jordan Reed from Florida--he'd be a great get in the 3rd or 4th round. I'm sure Chip Kelly could move him around a bit, play with the Joker TE formation, and create some mismatches with a OLB or DB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I'd rather try and draft/sign a bigger TE who can move that we could move around than another WR.

Jackson, Maclin and Avant is a very good 1-2-3 at the WR position. If we could get someone like Greg Jennings (rumors are that he will be cut) to come in and help out, I'd be interested in that. But if we can't get a playmaker around the goal line, then I think the best move is to get a bigger, athletic TE. I'm actually a fan of Jordan Reed from Florida--he'd be a great get in the 3rd or 4th round. I'm sure Chip Kelly could move him around a bit, play with the Joker TE formation, and create some mismatches with a OLB or DB.
    False.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzord View Post
    False.
    True, actually. It gives you everything you'd want except size. You've got big play, you've got hands, you've got all around.....you are missing some size but anyone who's got it in their mind that Jackson, Maclin and Avant doesn't give you a very strong 1-2-3 WR combo, is just playing the negative nancy game considering Jackson.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    ^ I can see me being a negative nancy, but at the same time they do lack a lot. Maclin is a decent second option IF he was across from a big possession receiver, but for the most part I think he is soft.

I don't like Jackson. I think he's a one trick pony with a bad attitude. Jackson might not even be a top 20 WR. I don't think he is even the best WR on our team. The worst part is he doesn't even return kicks for us. He isn't a #1 and shouldn't be treated like it. He should be returning the ball.

I used to really like Avant. He used to make some good catches and he would be a decent threat in the middle of the field, but the last couple seasons I think he has regressed. Granted that could be because our offense hasn't played well, but I haven't seen anything lately that gives me a good feeling about him.

vCash
    what good is a deep threat receiver when the O-line cant give the QB enough time to make a deep throw?

Give DJax and Maclin a chance under Kellys system with a decent line and QB play before you start throwing them under the bus, they have the speed to succeed like few other receivers can under Kelly, lets see how they do

vCash
    The receivers are fine..Riley needs to be used more in the red zone. There are more pressing needs on this team..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzord View Post
    ^ I can see me being a negative nancy, but at the same time they do lack a lot. Maclin is a decent second option IF he was across from a big possession receiver, but for the most part I think he is soft.

I don't like Jackson. I think he's a one trick pony with a bad attitude. Jackson might not even be a top 20 WR. I don't think he is even the best WR on our team. The worst part is he doesn't even return kicks for us. He isn't a #1 and shouldn't be treated like it. He should be returning the ball.

I used to really like Avant. He used to make some good catches and he would be a decent threat in the middle of the field, but the last couple seasons I think he has regressed. Granted that could be because our offense hasn't played well, but I haven't seen anything lately that gives me a good feeling about him.
    There's the issue. Jackson is easily a top 20 talent at the WR position right now. A lot of his value comes in his big play ability, but he should get far more credit for the work he does over the middle of the field at times. And while he may have had a bad attitude two years ago with his contract, that stuff is entirely over blown as well.

He's a number 1 WR. He's just not a complete number 1. If the idea of being a "#1" WR is being a Fitz or an Andre Johnson, than there might be 5 or 6 number 1 WR's in the NFL right now.

Most of this is the negative nancy view of our WR's while giving zero of what they do positively. Maclin's a pretty good number 2, Jackson is a pretty good number 1 and Avant makes some real tough catches when you ask him to. Yes they are lacking in the sense that none of these guys have the size you'd ideally like, and that's a big knock. But it's not enough of a knock to consider any of these guys anything but a strong 1-2-3. Like I've been saying...it's just....incomplete. They need a true body at the number 4.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    There's the issue. Jackson is easily a top 20 talent at the WR position right now. A lot of his value comes in his big play ability, but he should get far more credit for the work he does over the middle of the field at times. And while he may have had a bad attitude two years ago with his contract, that stuff is entirely over blown as well.

He's a number 1 WR. He's just not a complete number 1. If the idea of being a "#1" WR is being a Fitz or an Andre Johnson, than there might be 5 or 6 number 1 WR's in the NFL right now.

Most of this is the negative nancy view of our WR's while giving zero of what they do positively. Maclin's a pretty good number 2, Jackson is a pretty good number 1 and Avant makes some real tough catches when you ask him to. Yes they are lacking in the sense that none of these guys have the size you'd ideally like, and that's a big knock. But it's not enough of a knock to consider any of these guys anything but a strong 1-2-3. Like I've been saying...it's just....incomplete. They need a true body at the number 4.
    A top 20 talent, sure, as long as all things are equal. Is he a top 20 WR though, the answer is probably no.

I like the combo we have of Jackson, Maclin, Avant and being able to mix in some Riley. I'm really low on riley though, he hasn't shown much, IMO.

I have certainly expressed my thoughts on the whole Jackson thing, but even I know that he has value. #1WR value, no, but he is definitly a great #2 option. The problem is, we have 2 #2's IMO. We need someone who can take over games. Maclin began to show that with his increased work with Foles, maybe with an entire off season, a new coach, and some much needed enthusiasm we will end up with 2 guys closer to being solid 1's, rather than both being solid 2's.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

Seriously this forum confuses me sometimes, where the heck are you guys when I'm arguing this night and day writing freaken 20 paragraphs saying this same crap.

Well written post and that 5-6 true number 1 WR's in the league nailed everything on the head.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    In no particular order these are the WR's I'd take over Jackson. The bolded are some of the true #1's in the league. Jackson is a good complementary WR, but the problem is so is Maclin, except Maclin is better.

1. Calvin
    2. AJ Green
    3. Demaryius Thomas
    4. Brandon Marshall
    5. Vincent Jackson
    6. Dez Bryant
    7. Roddy White
    8. Julio Jones
    9. Reggie Wayne
    10. Colston
    11. Cruiz
    12. Nicks