Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Wide Reciever Situation

Its clear that there are bigger holes on this team, mainly on defense. And with Chip Kelly's new system, it remains to be seen how much of an improvement will come from DeSean and Maclin. However, as i see Roddy White and Julio Jones dominate the 49ers defense right now, I cant help but wonder what kind of difference having an elite possession receiver with size would make on our team. We have watched Avant be Mr. 3rd Down for the last few years with great results because of his strength and hands alone (hes only 6'0"). Imagine if he was faster and taller.

What do you guys think about adding another receiver, either in the draft or free agency, that would address the size and skill level we've been missing since the T.O. days? Or do you think we should focus on the more prominent holes we have and not worry about the luxury of a possession receiver? The draft is not too deep this year. A guy like DeAndre Hopkins in the 2nd round would be great (absolutely took control of the Chick Fil A bowl and had one of the most dominant games by a WR Ive ever seen) even though he is 6'1". Justin Hunter would be the choice if we wanted to go the size route. And theres Dwayne Bowe available too. There arent too many options but they could make an effort. Thoughts?

vCash
    I'd like to add Calvin, AJ, and Julio.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'd like to add Calvin, AJ, and Julio.
    Why not throw in Brandon Marshall too while you're at it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRiot36 View Post
    Why not throw in Brandon Marshall too while you're at it?
    I didn't want to seem greedy.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Cordarelle

vCash
    IMO there first few picks should be to revamp the defense (especially if they go to a 3-4). Adding a WR later in the draft would be nice but you aren't going to get a major playmaker right away in the middle rounds. As far as FA goes, I like Bowe, but I still don't think they are going to sign another 10 million dollar a year WR when they already have Jackson making that and Maclin nearing a pay raise. I'd like to see it but this isn't the year its going to happen IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    IMO there first few picks should be to revamp the defense (especially if they go to a 3-4). Adding a WR later in the draft would be nice but you aren't going to get a major playmaker right away in the middle rounds. As far as FA goes, I like Bowe, but I still don't think they are going to sign another 10 million dollar a year WR when they already have Jackson making that and Maclin nearing a pay raise. I'd like to see it but this isn't the year its going to happen IMO.
    100%
    76ers - Eagles - Flyers - Phillies
    Union

vCash
    our receivers are fine, we just need someone that's above 6'0 that can catch and the team will be fine.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    ^ Our receivers are anything but fine. There is not one worth keeping. Unfortunately, we need so much help on D and on our O-Line that WR's are going to have to wait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    our receivers are fine, we just need someone that's above 6'0 that can catch and the team will be fine.
    Whats wrong with Cooper ? Oh' i forgot he is a white guy therefore he must be terrible ..Wtf,give the guy a real oppertunity with a decent QB he looks like he could be decent. Remember the same thing happened with Celek how did he turn out ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    ^^ **** Riley we want a Megatron

Just kidding I love Riley.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    Whats wrong with Cooper ? Oh' i forgot he is a white guy therefore he must be terrible ..Wtf,give the guy a real oppertunity with a decent QB he looks like he could be decent. Remember the same thing happened with Celek how did he turn out ?
    Cooper is a decent 4th option at best. Celek is decent too, but drops a lot of balls. Has nothing to do with being white. We eventually need a new TE anyway, and we desperately need a new WR core.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzord View Post
    Cooper is a decent 4th option at best. Celek is decent too, but drops a lot of balls. Has nothing to do with being white. We eventually need a new TE anyway, and we desperately need a new WR core.
    I am just talking about a real oppertunity I think he earned at leat that and if he can not cut it well than he gets cut but at leat he gets a ral oppertunity just like others do...just looking for the fairness for everyone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    we should give the recievers we have a chance in the new system before trading or replacing them

always wanna properly assess the value of your assets before gettin rid of them

vCash
    Foles to Cooper,could be a lot of that next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast