Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Nets Intrested In Rudy Gay And Paul Millsap?

Vecsey: "Validity to Nets interest in Rudy Gay"

In a lengthy and far-reaching Twitter conversation with NetsDaily fans Saturday night through Sunday morning, Peter Vecsey talked about Rudy Gay, Paul Millsap and Kris Humphries value, the headlines being that he believes the Nets have made overtures to the Grizzlies about Gay but unless they get the 6'8" SF with the max contract, they're likely to stand pat at the deadline.

Vecsey, who left the Post last year, now uses Twitter to get out his news, often engaging with fans. He has been complimentary of Billy King's efforts in the past and seems to have insight into the Nets plans.

Here are some excerpts from the conversation...

--On whether the Nets have spoken to the Grizzlies about Gay...

I believe they've taken place re Gay. Have no idea regarding Millsap.

There's validity to Nets' interest in Gay. How it turns out is anyone's guess

--On the likelihood of getting Gay and whether they're really interested in others...

Don't believe they can get Gay. No, otherwise

Other than Gay, I don't envision a relatively young All-Star forward being available, even if they had ample assets.

--On what they're like to give up and what they're not...

Yes. They'r not going to break up primary nucleus to get Gay, though

Nets owner isn't concerned about overpaying players who produce. I would get Gay if all it took was 4 picks, Kris, MarShon

--On why the Nets' reported interest in Millsap...

If report is true Nets are considering trade 4 Millsap itís surely not 2 keep, but to use in package 2 acquire Gay

--On whether getting Gay would mean dumping Gerald Wallace...

I believe they'd keep him. I believe they'd want to keep him. I believe they'd have no choice but to keep him

Wallace creates as many problems for defenders at the four as they do for him....except he's tougher than 90 percent of league

--If not Gay, what about using Humphries contract to get someone else...

They're not looking 2 acquire marginal players. Humprhies' contract more of an asset this summer as it enters expiration year

Nets aren't title contender this year. If someone can be had to put them closer to that level u do it. Rising UFA Millsap does not

The Nets had assigned a high priority to signing Gay back in 2010, believing they had enough cap space to lure the then 23-year-old. However, Memphis surprised everyone by giving Gay the max. He is owed $34.3 million over the next two years and has a player option on another $19.3 million in 2014-15. He is currently averaging 17.6 points and 5.8 rebounds, but shooting only 41.6 percent overall and 31.2 percent from three, both below his career averages.

Not everyone believes Memphis is serious about dealing Gay. Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld tweets the Grizzlies are more interested in trading Zach Randolph who is owed roughly the same money as Gay but is five years older.

Meanwhile, Sam Amico of FOX Sports reiterated the Nets interest in MIllsap, writing Sunday, "Brooklyn, Milwaukee and Denver are among the teams that might make a play for Utah forward Paul Millsap at the deadline. Millsap's contract expires at season's end. Most teams interested in obtaining Millsap, however, would do so with the intent of offering him an immediate extension."

Amico also writes that the teams with the most serious interest in Gay include "Charlotte, Minnesota, Phoenix and, more recently, Atlanta."

Netsdaily.com

^ She's A Cutie

NEW JERSEY NETS 4-EVER

vCash
    rather have gay and just run over people

We get gay our lineup would look sick

vCash
    I would take Gay on this team in a heart beat. I doubt they would take back Crash they are looking to shed money

vCash
    Nets fans get so obsessed over shiny names. Tell me exactly how Gay makes us a better team than Millsap. I would argue that we stand a better chance at "running over teams" if we have Millsap who is an excellent defender and pick and roll player for Deron and can score just as well as Gay

Gay is just another volume scorer. His game is redundant with JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Nets fans get so obsessed over shiny names. Tell me exactly how Gay makes us a better team than Millsap. I would argue that we stand a better chance at "running over teams" if we have Millsap who is an excellent defender and pick and roll player for Deron and can score just as well as Gay

Gay is just another volume scorer. His game is redundant with JJ
    But but but Rudy Gay.....

Seriously though, a PF like Milsap takes us from a 1st-2nd round exit team to a contender. I can't think of anyone available right now that would fit as perfectly on this team as he would. Plus, we'd acquire his bird rights. Which means going forwards we could have a squad of DWill, JJ, Wallace, Milsap, and Lopez with Blatche (hopefully) and Marshon coming off the bench.

That's money.

vCash
    Of course I'd love to snag Gay but Milsap fits our need better. I still don't think he is the option at the PF spot though
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash
    millsap makes perfect sense, and that is why we won't get him

vCash
    wouldnt mind either or... or even both. lol gay gives us athleticism which we lack.. if we get him we get a good defender who can prob help us in transition (we also lack in fast break buckets)...

in milsap a good defender better offensive.. who would be our nba starting caliber pf... our front court should be unstoppable offensively.

only untouchables-dwill, lopez, and kind of jj, our hardest pieces to move- crash, jj
    i dont know if they can bring us over the top and make us contenders but any1 of them would be an upgrade to this team automatically. just dont see how we have the pieces to get them.
    Last edited by maddBat; 01-21-2013 at 04:06 AM.
    BBRRRROOOOOOOKKKKLLNNNNNNNNNNNNN

vCash
    I would rather have Paul Millsap over Gay but hell I would take either. Gay does have a huge contract though
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Gay allows us to run small and we would be able to run small against the heat and match up very nicely

Deron
    JJ
    Gay
    Crash
    Lopez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaJAxTWa View Post
    Gay allows us to run small and we would be able to run small against the heat and match up very nicely

Deron
    JJ
    Gay
    Crash
    Lopez
    Which is great and plus we still keep our bench in tact and if we trade Mirza in the Gay trade we can use the MLE on Blatche?! THe more I look into it though I like to trade for Evans and Milsap more than Gay and have a lineup with.

D-Will/Watson
    JJ/Brooks/Bogans
    Wallace/Evans
    Milsap/Evans/Tele
    Lopez/Blatche

plus Taylor and Shengelia who wouldn't dress
    Last edited by rurichie; 01-21-2013 at 02:43 PM.

vCash
    I dont know how ppl think we can get Millsap and keep Marshon. Jazz would definitely want Marshon. Hump+MarShon+Pick for Millsap itd be tough to get done because money doesnt match up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    I dont know how ppl think we can get Millsap and keep Marshon. Jazz would definitely want Marshon. Hump+MarShon+Pick for Millsap itd be tough to get done because money doesnt match up
    I was saying throwing a pick instead of MarShon if not i'd still do it

vCash
    they will want a pick plus marshon or they will want us to trade marshon for a pick to trade to them. 2 1st and Humphries

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rurichie View Post
    Which is great and plus we still keep our bench in tact and if we trade Mirza in the Gay trade we can use the MLE on Blatche?! THe more I look into it though I like to trade for Evans and Milsap more than Gay and have a lineup with.

D-Will/Watson
    JJ/Brooks/Bogans
    Wallace/Evans
    Milsap/Evans/Tele
    Lopez/Blatche

plus Taylor and Shengelia who wouldn't dress
    i hope to god thats not reggie evans at small foward lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast