Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Another angle to consider here, Reggie and Dennis are still unproven at their jobs, right? So if you're a household name coordinator do you want to hitch your wagon to this group?

That could explain the lack of ability to attract an already successful OC. This crew will make their bones together or probably be replaced together.

I'd rather have them succeed.....

Obviously, I'd like them to succeed as well. I really like DA, but if the offense fails again and we need another change, do you see him staying? Especially when that would most likely mean changes at RB and QB? If he fails at finding a decent OC twice, that's not good.

I totally agree we are not attractive to household OC's, but I think Reggie will be able to attract a good coach in year three if need be. Seems pretty obvious he and Mark are trying to rebuild the front office and create a much more NfL friendly organization. I don't think he'd fire Reggie in year three, but I do think he wants to win like his father and another subpar season will drive him nuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    We don't even have a full staff and we are already doomed lol. This team is still full of terrible players so until that changes I could careless who coaches

We need two very strong back to back off seasons to get the proper players in here. We can't afford big misses with any of our early pics.

Several things still need to fall in place for this organization to get back to the top tier in the NFL.
    That just makes waaaay tto much sense............but I agree!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    For those scorning us for talking smack about the hire before he has even coached a game...his track record speaks for it self, and with it, he should be the one trying to prove to everyone else that he's worthy of being the OC.

Until proven wrong, we have all the right to doubt Allen and McKinzie' decision...After all, Allen did lead us to an outstanding 4-12 record last season.
    Mike Martz won a SB with the Rams as an OC and hasn't come close since,Chicago,SF did squat with his offense,was it the play calling or the players? If every team Martz coached had the likes of a Warner,Faulk and group of recievers to fit what he wanted to do he'd have more than one SB......but he didn't . We don't have the players or the consistancy or the fundementals to be successful right now.....we just don't. The only thing that has been consistant over the past decade is Lechler and Jano..........that's it!

vCash
    It's only a matter of time bro that is why keeping him for another year is a big waste of time .We already know what the man can do , but more importantly we know what he can't do get players to go all out for him.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    I don't think it would have mattered who we hired. This post would still be created.

This staff cannot win in some of your eyes.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Can you name me the Superbowl winning OC who...

- Has 19 years experience as an offensive coordinator over the past 25 years?

- Has, in those 19 seasons, only engineered 6 top-10 scoring offenses?

- Has, in those 19 seasons, only engineered 7 top-10 yardage offenses?

My point is this - if you were a fan of the team that hired this coordinator, odds are, you could have looked up his past performances on profootballreference; odds are, you would have noticed that this man had not engineered a top-10 offense in ten years.

Dennis Allen didn't get to be a secondary coach, defensive coordinator and eventually head coach by being dumb. Olsen might be an underwhelming hire, but I trust DA knows more about the people he's hiring then we do, reading secondary accounts.
    No doubt huh?

Those in here that claim to be more football savvy than the guys who do this for a living are a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510 View Post
    It's only a matter of time bro that is why keeping him for another year is a big waste of time .We already know what the man can do , but more importantly we know what he can't do get players to go all out for him.
    Say what?

Those players played hard for him all year.

WTF are you talking about?

vCash
    Our fans embarrass me when days after a hire we are already talking about firing the guy.

Our fans are losers and a bigger joke than our team has ever been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Olson was a solid hire, I wouldn't get to caught up on name recognition and don't make him [Olson] pay for Knapp's failure's. I am pleased, but understand the skeptical attitudes by some.
    I don't.

Our fans embarrass me more than this team ever has.

vCash
    hahahahah NS huh?? even like I just read 7-9 will still get him fired and nobody hired Chucky after-all huh???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyru View Post
    I don't think it would have mattered who we hired. This post would still be created.

This staff cannot win in some of your eyes.
    I created this post because OC for DA was a big hire and he might have just messed it up (again). If this OC fails, DA fails. Don't people get it?

Is Reggie really willing to let DA fire and hire another guy, or stick with one that sucks going forward?

Hey, I don't know how this guy will pan out. But I will prepare myself nonetheless to be less dissapointed if/when he proves how much he sucks.

A lot of fans mad at this because they probably see how bad of a hire this just might be. But optimists, don't fool yourselves. A lot rides on Olsen. We'll see soon enough if every Tampa Bay fan is right about his awful play-calling. I sure hoep to God not but I'm gonna sit back and hope to be surprised because I aint expecting a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    I'm not stoked with the hire by any means. This hire gave me a very bad feeling about DA and RM's ability to find a talented OC. These are defensive guys and I have a feeling we will see the benefits of that, along with RM's ability to fin good personel. But I have a feeling the OP is right if he fails.

Just like you shouldn't turn over your HC every year, you can't change our OC as well. If Olsen fails, Reggie needs to find either an offensive HC or a veteran HC that will attract good coordinators.

So yes...if he fails, Allen will probably follow IMO.
    I agree, I have confidence in Reggie to scout and drfat players as well as the confidence in DA/Tarver to turn the defense into a force. But the offense? Like I've been saying, if this guy is as bad a play-caller as he gets credit for, this does not look good.

and for those that think I'm *****ing maybe too much about the guy, check out this article and tell me I'm too skeptical: http://www.tfdssports.com/site/by-th...reg-olson.html
    Last edited by chucklemethis; 01-21-2013 at 03:40 PM.

vCash
    Excellent comparison chart, thanks for sharing. I sure hope DA is right....

vCash
    Oh cow.. Just looked at the chart. Do you think DA did?

Not looking too good as a hire. Kind of a head scratcher. Don't know why we just can't give the reigns to Saunders.

vCash
    For years our fans lambasted Al for firing coaches as often as he did.

Now they want it.

They wanted real change.

Now they whine about it.

Our fans are a joke!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast