Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Lets hope so young man.
    Haven't been called that in awhile, but I hope you are right!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    I think DA may have just fired himself with this OC hire.

Think about it.

Just think about it.

If this OC comes in and sucks at play-calling, can't improve the scoring and such - what then?

ANOTHER firing/hiring of an offensive coordinator? Seems unlikely.

I like DA, but the guys sucks at attracting offensive coaches. Maybe Reggie does, too. Maybe $$ is the biggest factor.

The thing is - will Reggie stand for another year like Knapp's and be willing to go forward?

This OC Olsen has a helluva lot to prove and I'm worried. I'm already preparing myself for a new HC come 2014. This OC hire is going to be the end of DA.

God I hope I'm wrong. I'll eat some savage crow if I am.

I'll never have been happier to be wrong about something....but the reality is I can't get my hopes up. I saw the writing on the wall last year and I'm not gonna pretend I don't see it this year.

SO Nation - what do you think happens if this OC fails?

Does Reggie allow him and DA to still go forward?

Does Reggie fire DA?

Or does Mark Davis fire Reggie?

I think some people don't realize how important this OC really is. It has to work if we want to keep some stability around here which is much needed. But I just don't see it. I think DA hired another quality QB coach/***** play-caller.

Time will tell. Perhaps this Jon Gruden 2014 talk isn't as farfetched as I thought. Call me a sap or w/e but I just won't fool myself into "let's give this guy a chance.." and have him ***** in my mouth. This ship could very well be going down.

And I'm pretty sure it is if its at all close to what we saw in 2012.

What say you, nation?

p.s. - this definitely deserves a thread of its own so plz dont be moving it to the oc thread..
    Just go away with this crap already. The OC hasn't even seen the field yet, so you don't know how succesful he will be. The Raiders forum is starting to turn into a bunch of whiners.

vCash
    You guys are so quick to judge DA for his hire at oc without giving the OC a chance, and as for Knapp that wasnt DA first choice it was his last.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Olson was a solid hire, I wouldn't get to caught up on name recognition and don't make him [Olson] pay for Knapp's failure's. I am pleased, but understand the skeptical attitudes by some.
    I'm skeptical, but am surely hoping to be proven wrong. My fear is that a year down the road, it's gonna feel like deja vu all over again. I don't understand people who demand ZERO skepticism.
    This staff has EARNED skepticism, and they can also earn respect. Like anyone else on earth.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    I'm skeptical, but am surely hoping to be proven wrong. My fear is that a year down the road, it's gonna feel like deja vu all over again. I don't understand people who demand ZERO skepticism.
    This staff has EARNED skepticism, and they can also earn respect. Like anyone else on earth.
    That's what being a fan is all about. A 4-12 record is never acceptable and the people that engineered it should be scrutinized. I hated the Knapp hire, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't try to be place an optimistic spin on it after my emotions settled down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    I think DA may have just fired himself with this OC hire.

Think about it.

Just think about it.

If this OC comes in and sucks at play-calling, can't improve the scoring and such - what then?

ANOTHER firing/hiring of an offensive coordinator? Seems unlikely.

I like DA, but the guys sucks at attracting offensive coaches. Maybe Reggie does, too. Maybe $$ is the biggest factor.

The thing is - will Reggie stand for another year like Knapp's and be willing to go forward?

This OC Olsen has a helluva lot to prove and I'm worried. I'm already preparing myself for a new HC come 2014. This OC hire is going to be the end of DA.

God I hope I'm wrong. I'll eat some savage crow if I am.

I'll never have been happier to be wrong about something....but the reality is I can't get my hopes up. I saw the writing on the wall last year and I'm not gonna pretend I don't see it this year.

SO Nation - what do you think happens if this OC fails?

Does Reggie allow him and DA to still go forward?

Does Reggie fire DA?

Or does Mark Davis fire Reggie?

I think some people don't realize how important this OC really is. It has to work if we want to keep some stability around here which is much needed. But I just don't see it. I think DA hired another quality QB coach/***** play-caller.

Time will tell. Perhaps this Jon Gruden 2014 talk isn't as farfetched as I thought. Call me a sap or w/e but I just won't fool myself into "let's give this guy a chance.." and have him ***** in my mouth. This ship could very well be going down.

And I'm pretty sure it is if its at all close to what we saw in 2012.

What say you, nation?

p.s. - this definitely deserves a thread of its own so plz dont be moving it to the oc thread..
    If...if....if....if....If a frog had a glass azz he'd break it everytime he landed, Jeezo just get it over with and fire the guy already,everyone is going on what if because the choice isn't sexy or his socks don't match or McKennzie isn't a good public speaker......Dennis Allen can't attract good OC's......maybe it's the Raider mystique or that nobody wants to clean all the dead bodies Al left behind.........just let's get this off-season going and stop with the doomsday speculation....Please!

vCash
    His chances are better than Gregg Knapps was to begin with.

Knapp came into an 8-8 situation that was 8-8 the year before.

Olsen comes into a 4-12.. Do the math.

More room for improvement and not much further to fall.

4-12 and he gets another year. 8-8 and he gets a long term contract.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    For those scorning us for talking smack about the hire before he has even coached a game...his track record speaks for it self, and with it, he should be the one trying to prove to everyone else that he's worthy of being the OC.

Until proven wrong, we have all the right to doubt Allen and McKinzie' decision...After all, Allen did lead us to an outstanding 4-12 record last season.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    If...if....if....if....If a frog had a glass azz he'd break it everytime he landed, Jeezo just get it over with and fire the guy already,everyone is going on what if because the choice isn't sexy or his socks don't match or McKennzie isn't a good public speakder......Dennis Allen can't attract good OC's......maybe it's the Raider mystique or that nobody wants to clean all the dead bodies Al left behind.........just let's get this off-season going and stop with the doomsday speculation....Please!
    There are only 32 NFL coaching positions...I'm freaking positive the majority of unemployed coaches would take the job.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    We don't even have a full staff and we are already doomed lol. This team is still full of terrible players so until that changes I could careless who coaches

We need two very strong back to back off seasons to get the proper players in here. We can't afford big misses with any of our early pics.

Several things still need to fall in place for this organization to get back to the top tier in the NFL.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    I dont get the arguing about who hired the coaches. i mean are you guys really that bored? doesnt it make sense that DA and RM sat down together and talked about who it should be. haha i feel like thats the most reasonable idea of how it happened. TO the doom and gloom stuff i know its normal for this forum but come on lets just kick back and see what happens. Lets atleast make it to training camp before we start talking baout guys getting fired already.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Okay. Who would you like to have seen get hired? Because the other coaches oakland had interest in either found somewhere else or turned us down. Let the guy coach a damn game with his new personnel. And idk why but your hatred for DA tells me your a John Gruden guy for some reason. I could be wrong but if you are Olson and Gruden have a connection and it's believed Gruden put in a good word for the guy

This is a question to Carolinaraider btw

vCash
    I'm not stoked with the hire by any means. This hire gave me a very bad feeling about DA and RM's ability to find a talented OC. These are defensive guys and I have a feeling we will see the benefits of that, along with RM's ability to fin good personel. But I have a feeling the OP is right if he fails.

Just like you shouldn't turn over your HC every year, you can't change our OC as well. If Olsen fails, Reggie needs to find either an offensive HC or a veteran HC that will attract good coordinators.

So yes...if he fails, Allen will probably follow IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    If...if....if....if....If a frog had a glass azz he'd break it everytime he landed, Jeezo just get it over with and fire the guy already,everyone is going on what if because the choice isn't sexy or his socks don't match or McKennzie isn't a good public speaker......Dennis Allen can't attract good OC's......maybe it's the Raider mystique or that nobody wants to clean all the dead bodies Al left behind.........just let's get this off-season going and stop with the doomsday speculation....Please!
    No bodies Max, but plenty of deceased careers......
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    I'm not stoked with the hire by any means. This hire gave me a very bad feeling about DA and RM's ability to find a talented OC. These are defensive guys and I have a feeling we will see the benefits of that, along with RM's ability to fin good personel. But I have a feeling the OP is right if he fails.

Just like you shouldn't turn over your HC every year, you can't change our OC as well. If Olsen fails, Reggie needs to find either an offensive HC or a veteran HC that will attract good coordinators.

So yes...if he fails, Allen will probably follow IMO.
    Another angle to consider here, Reggie and Dennis are still unproven at their jobs, right? So if you're a household name coordinator do you want to hitch your wagon to this group?

That could explain the lack of ability to attract an already successful OC. This crew will make their bones together or probably be replaced together.

I'd rather have them succeed.....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast