Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    I can't wait for Draft. Finally.. (Knock on wood) the organization won't be drafting the fastest guy in the draft who has 0 football intelligence. Can't wait to see some premiere pass rushers suiting up for the silver and black in the near future. Along with good line play. Lets get back to smash mouth football. Win the battles in the trenches and remind the league were no longer a push over. Lets get back to playing RAIDDDAA FOOTBALL. Only a couple more offseasons until possibly being a threat again. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMClarkent View Post
    I don't think that the Raiders can do what they need to do and go 7-9. They still need to unload a LOT of dead weight - sadly I think that will lead to another down year.

I think the year after next is when we can start making strides (if we draft right, make smart decisions and a few of these guys drafted last year contribute).
    Unloading dead weight will set us back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    I can't wait for Draft. Finally.. (Knock on wood) the organization won't be drafting the fastest guy in the draft who has 0 football intelligence. Can't wait to see some premiere pass rushers suiting up for the silver and black in the near future. Along with good line play. Lets get back to smash mouth football. Win the battles in the trenches and remind the league were no longer a push over. Lets get back to playing RAIDDDAA FOOTBALL. Only a couple more offseasons until possibly being a threat again. Lol
    I expect them to be competitive this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    I expect them to be competitive this year.
    So do I...

My gut tells me 7 wins, don't know why...

vCash
    Yeah I agree. This season was hard to watch but next season should be better. I'm looking forward to a lot of the young guys who were playing hard at the end of the season to continue to get better. Is 7-9 to much to ask for next year? Haha. I have to say I hope our defense can be lights out in the future. Nothing better then watching to AFC defenses battle it out.

vCash
    Like it or not I believe Allen will need at least 7 wins to save his job. I am not saying its fair or how it should be, but I see Mark Davis getting very impatient with another double digit loss season. I could be wrong, but thats my read on it after last years campaign.

vCash
    Honestly....a split with Denver, spanking SD, and a few tough wins would make me happy. If DMC finally has the breakout year everyone has been waiting for, then watch out. Otherwise, I see him winning a few games for us, the defense and Kano winning a few, and Carson giving a few away passing 40 times a game due to DMC I juries.

I can't tell you how stoked I am to get TS for the OL. Our guys will be tough up front again, he doesn't put up with Pansy's.

vCash
    ya worst case i see this team going 6-10 best case i see us going 8-8. Either way i think DA stays. Most teams give the new head coach 3 years. Especially when that team is rebuilidng and trying to change so much. DA took over in a very ahrd situation one that will take time no matter who is at the helm. We could have brought in the best coach in the league and he would take awhile to correct all that is wrong with the team, but i feel that those things are being corrected and we have to right guys in here t do it.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Nope - unloading dead weight will allow them to correct the ship - another non-winning season doesn't mean that they can't build, grow or keep an eye on the bigger picture.

Sadly you only have but so many draft picks/ so much cap room in a given year...

vCash
    How bout unloading cliches?

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMClarkent View Post
    Nope - unloading dead weight will allow them to correct the ship - another non-winning season doesn't mean that they can't build, grow or keep an eye on the bigger picture.

Sadly you only have but so many draft picks/ so much cap room in a given year...
    Our needs are not that great.

We need a LG, RT, RB, LB, CB, DT, and DE.

We can get some of that in FA and some off the waiver wire like Omar Gaither was. I see us winning 9-10 games this year. The offense is greatly improved by the scheme & Coaching changes as it is.

Reggie has already shown he can find guys who can play off the scrap pile.

I am going out on a limb and saying we compete for a WC playoff spot.

Book it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    Our needs are not that great.

We need a LG, RT, RB, LB, CB, DT, and DE.

We can get some of that in FA and some off the waiver wire like Omar Gaither was. I see us winning 9-10 games this year. The offense is greatly improved by the scheme & Coaching changes as it is.

Reggie has already shown he can find guys who can play off the scrap pile.

I am going out on a limb and saying we compete for a WC playoff spot.

Book it!

That's a lot to need, and with only so many draft picks, and limited $$$ can RM find enough NFL abled vets to complement what we have, and will also draft? We can not be competitive with the likes of Ron "Statue of Liberty" Bartell and Shawntae Spencer "clones"....I am afraid that's the kind of FA CBs he can afford yet again. But I could be wrong. With the likes of Seylittle, Kelly, McClain, gone, that should free up a little $$$, but we have our own FAs, such as Wheeler, Myers, Bryant, and Shaug, that we need to resign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    That's a lot to need, and with only so many draft picks, and limited $$$ can RM find enough NFL abled vets to complement what we have, and will also draft? We can not be competitive with the likes of Ron "Statue of Liberty" Bartell and Shawntae Spencer "clones"....I am afraid that's the kind of FA CBs he can afford yet again. But I could be wrong. With the likes of Seylittle, Kelly, McClain, gone, that should free up a little $$$, but we have our own FAs, such as Wheeler, Myers, Bryant, and Shaug, that we need to resign.
    Philip Adams played well.

However, our pass rush left our CBs out to dry all year.

The key to better secondary play is more pressure on the QB.

You could have Larry, Curly, and Mo back there if you get to the QB enough.

vCash
    Myers has 2 memorable plays for me, one was a td that came back due to movement and the other was a tipped interception vs. the Saints in the end zone. Oakland would better itself having 2 6`7 tight ends on the field at all times, who can catch and block.

Myers isn`t a critical keeper for me, him leading the team in catches isn`t a game changer.

If you`re looking to change the outcome of football games, you`re gonna have to change the names on the jerseys as well lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Myers has 2 memorable plays for me, one was a td that came back due to movement and the other was a tipped interception vs. the Saints in the end zone. Oakland would better itself having 2 6`7 tight ends on the field at all times, who can catch and block.

Myers isn`t a critical keeper for me, him leading the team in catches isn`t a game changer.

If you`re looking to change the outcome of football games, you`re gonna have to change the names on the jerseys as well lol.
    The only reason Myers caught so many passes is because he got the least amount of attention from the defense. He's not a deep threat. Just because his numbers are high....that doesn't equate out to being good and being a "keeper">

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast