Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Swami that last part about the defense is very true in your post above. I mean i dont get how us as fans havent given more praise to DA about that. He improved the defense with a group of less then all star talent. he made our run D get out the bottom of the league with B and some time C type talent. The man can do good things and i cant wait to see it when he gets some real solid talent.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Defense turned their ship the last few games after a so so start and a near mid season crash.

Although the rebound was good enough to save some jobs vis a vis the offense- I need to see more before I sing any praises.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    ^ I dont think you have to praise him the next madden because that would be crazy but to say he did some good things wont kill any of us.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    Swami that last part about the defense is very true in your post above. I mean i dont get how us as fans havent given more praise to DA about that. He improved the defense with a group of less then all star talent. he made our run D get out the bottom of the league with B and some time C type talent. The man can do good things and i cant wait to see it when he gets some real solid talent.

Guys like Gaither, Phillip Adams, Coy Francies, and Joselio Hansen were making plays. Our LB play was stellar the last five weeks and so was the play of our interior line.

I think this was lost in the disappointment of losing but it sure had me excited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NavajoRaiderfan View Post
    Defense turned their ship the last few games after a so so start and a near mid season crash.

Although the rebound was good enough to save some jobs vis a vis the offense- I need to see more before I sing any praises.
    Solid gap discipline from our LBs and solid gap penetration from our DT's is a real good start.

Both of these issues have been a problem for 10 years.
    Last edited by Da Swami; 01-27-2013 at 04:35 AM.

vCash
    ^yes exactly! It should not be over looked, DA had our d playing baisically lights out the last couple of games (given the competition we were playing against BTW) and I didn't see anybody mail it in like most people thought we might, in any phase of the game. Had TP gotten the nod instead of CP3 those last couple of games, i think our D would of looked even better. Not to take any thing away from Palmer cuz he can't block, throw the ball , run the routes and catch the ball by himself, but I beleive Pryor would of brought more excitment & passion to the table & also made it a little more difficult for defenses to game plan against a mobile/illusive QB. That and i think he would of been more efficient in the sense of moving the chains and scoring when we got into the red zone (which is one of the things TP supposedly excels at)^
    Last edited by bigjunior559; 01-27-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    Solid gap discipline from our LBs and solid gap penetration from our DT's is a real good start.

Both of these issues have been a problem for 10 years.
    And DA did it with no name average and below average players...

That speaks volumes of his coaching ability, and novels of the lack of discipline in the previous regime....

vCash
    Yup, that's why I've been overly excited for this year in particular compared to years past. Reggie just needs to continue to do what he's been doing like drafting smart high motor football players (Miles Burris) and signing low risk high reward FA's that actually want to be here like Wheeler, to proove yourself 1-year contracts. Our futures finally lookin' bright in Raider Land once again & we are no longer the garbage veteran retirement graveyard we once were before. All this paired with our revamped Knappless coaching staff, i think come mid season next year well be a well oiled machine firing on all cylinders.
    Last edited by bigjunior559; 01-27-2013 at 04:20 PM.

vCash
    I didn't read all of the posts, but now that our coaching staff is in place, I'm guessing the answer to the OP is "No."
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    I am looking forward to the future. No disrespect to Al, but we all knew what we were in for as fans, and in my heart I knew we didn't have a chance as long as he was still committed to his old ways. I knew he would never change. So, while I hoped for the best I understood that at the end of the season the Raiders wouldn't be amongst the elite. I have honestly felt this way since the mid 1990's. The turning point for me came in 1995 season, that team was solid, started the season 8-2, was supposed to be the class of the AFC and Dallas came into Oakland and crushed them, Terry McDaniel was matched up with Micheal Irvin and was schooled all day long. To me, that was telling, it demonstrated that Al Davis football could never be a championship caliber again. Its nice as a fan to see your team begin to adjust with the times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I am looking forward to the future. No disrespect to Al, but we all knew what we were in for as fans, and in my heart I knew we didn't have a chance as long as he was still committed to his old ways. I knew he would never change. So, while I hoped for the best I understood that at the end of the season the Raiders wouldn't be amongst the elite. I have honestly felt this way since the mid 1990's. The turning point for me came in 1995 season, that team was solid, started the season 8-2, was supposed to be the class of the AFC and Dallas came into Oakland and crushed them, Terry McDaniel was matched up with Micheal Irvin and was schooled all day long. To me, that was telling, it demonstrated that Al Davis football could never be a championship caliber again. Its nice as a fan to see your team begin to adjust with the times.
    It will require patience and we will go through growing pains. I am really starting to believe in Reggie.

I think had we had the offensive coaches we have now we would have won 7 or 8 games. I realize RM blew that one but did something Al never would have done and corrected it quickly. Fans are on him for making the change but Reggie loves the WCO and ZBS and may have allowed his bias to cloud that decision many of us knew was a mistake from day 1. In defense of Reggie, he didn't exactly have his pick last year as we were in disarray after Al's passing and we got a late start on hiring. The point is he corrected it and made upgrades at the OC and OL coach spots.

I want to give a shout out to the play of LB Omar Gaither after being signed in week 11.

The dude was balling the last few weeks and it was a huge reason our LB play was so good.

I don't know if we keep him but its low cost adjustments like this that have me thinking after time RM will get this right.

Mc Clain was a huge liability and the upgrade was very noticeable.

vCash
    Yup, i agree with you 100%...Mcshame was a huge part of the reason our D was so horrible, I commend Omar for coming in and taking care buisiness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    It will require patience and we will go through growing pains. I am really starting to believe in Reggie.

I think had we had the offensive coaches we have now we would have won 7 or 8 games. I realize RM blew that one but did something Al never would have done and corrected it quickly. Fans are on him for making the change but Reggie loves the WCO and ZBS and may have allowed his bias to cloud that decision many of us knew was a mistake from day 1. In defense of Reggie, he didn't exactly have his pick last year as we were in disarray after Al's passing and we got a late start on hiring. The point is he corrected it and made upgrades at the OC and OL coach spots.

I want to give a shout out to the play of LB Omar Gaither after being signed in week 11.

The dude was balling the last few weeks and it was a huge reason our LB play was so good.

I don't know if we keep him but its low cost adjustments like this that have me thinking after time RM will get this right.

Mc Clain was a huge liability and the upgrade was very noticeable.
    Actually, you're giving Reggie too much credit/blame. He empowered Coach Allen to make all of the coordinator hires and implement the system. It was DA who chose Knapp and DA who ultimately fired him when he realized that it wouldn't work. Not for the Silver and Black. DA is also the man that is behind all of our recent hires as well, although my gut tells me that he consulted with RM before making all of the above moves.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Actually, you're giving Reggie too much credit/blame. He empowered Coach Allen to make all of the coordinator hires and implement the system. It was DA who chose Knapp and DA who ultimately fired him when he realized that it wouldn't work. Not for the Silver and Black. DA is also the man that is behind all of our recent hires as well, although my gut tells me that he consulted with RM before making all of the above moves.
    Sounds like they are all on the same page.

vCash
    I don't think that the Raiders can do what they need to do and go 7-9. They still need to unload a LOT of dead weight - sadly I think that will lead to another down year.

I think the year after next is when we can start making strides (if we draft right, make smart decisions and a few of these guys drafted last year contribute).

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast