Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Olson was a solid hire, I wouldn't get to caught up on name recognition and don't make him [Olson] pay for Knapp's failure's. I am pleased, but understand the skeptical attitudes by some.

vCash
    Anything is better than Knapp and the offense will improve. By how much remains to be seen. It's the defense that DA should be worried about. That's his specialty. If the defense does not continue to improve then DA will be up ***** creek!!!

vCash
    We all knew knapp was a bad hire.... I think olson might have been the best option we have considering the players we have...so the combination of players plus him make me feel it was a decent hire...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Some people don't know how chain of command works in a business lol
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I have no idea who had what kind of say in this hire, and neither do you. But if we're talking chain of command for an NFL team, its not uncommon for the head coach to be responsible for his staff. Its not always the case, but its not uncommon.

-Stork
    The paranormal investigator knows how the business world works stork don't try to teach her. I got hired at google by the CEO of Google himself not by HR. the CEO also hires the janitors himself too

vCash
    that, rp, is why you are on my ignore list. asinine and ridiculous comments, yet finding the gall somehow to belittle other posters for being as idiotic as you are. poorly played, but my expectations were low anyway.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    that, rp, is why you are on my ignore list. asinine and ridiculous comments, yet finding the gall somehow to belittle other posters for being as idiotic as you are. poorly played, but my expectations were low anyway.
    But her subtle jab is ok, pleaaaaaaaase take me of your ignore list ill just die bro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    Eh... he may have been condescending, but his point was valid.

You get hired by your direct manager / supervisor, not corporate executives. Of course, when you get to the executive level, you MIGHT be hired by a CEO / COO / CFO, whatever... but, in most business models, it is the local management, not the corporate executive, who makes the hires.

In the NFL, by and large, the head coach chooses the staff. Al Davis used to hire the assistant coaches FOR his head coaches; in just about every other situation, the head coach hires the whole staff himself.

If the Raiders are following the "standard" NFL model, DA is interviewing, picking and hiring his assistants. Reggie might have input, but a 'standard' forumla is for DA to make the final decision on his coaching staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Eh... he may have been condescending, but his point was valid.

You get hired by your direct manager / supervisor, not corporate executives. Of course, when you get to the executive level, you MIGHT be hired by a CEO / COO / CFO, whatever... but, in most business models, it is the local management, not the corporate executive, who makes the hires.

In the NFL, by and large, the head coach chooses the staff. Al Davis used to hire the assistant coaches FOR his head coaches; in just about every other situation, the head coach hires the whole staff himself.

If the Raiders are following the "standard" NFL model, DA is interviewing, picking and hiring his assistants. Reggie might have input, but a 'standard' forumla is for DA to make the final decision on his coaching staff.
    It came off harsh but I don't really care. She'll probably report me for it but her post wasn't innocent. She was trying to be funny, and act like she knew what she was talking about.

vCash
    The head coach alone should be interviewing and hiring the coaches, this makes him 100% accountable for his staff. If indeed Davis or McKenzie are making hires, then Oakland is no better off without Al Davis and nothing has changed.

Marrone left Syracuse and took 7 coaches with him, he`s the only one hiring coaches not the owner or gm.

Mark Davis may sign the checks but look who he hired lol, Oakland is like a bad inner city school desperately in need of an intervention.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 01-20-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    For the record, I'm completely disinterested in the back and forth between posters.

I'm just going to show up, post thoughts on Raider-related topics, and then log off for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The head coach alone should be interviewing and hiring the coaches, this makes him 100% accountable for his staff. If indeed Davis or McKenzie are making hires, then Oakland is no better off without Al Davis and nothing has changed.

Marrone left Syracuse and took 7 coaches with him, he`s the only one hiring coaches not the owner or gm.

Mark Davis may sign the checks but look who he hired lol, Oakland is like a bad inner city school desperately in need of an intervention.
    Touche. Its getting better though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    For the record, I'm completely disinterested in the back and forth between posters.

I'm just going to show up, post thoughts on Raider-related topics, and then log off for a while.
    Anytime I'm up to my neck in a "back and forth" with someone, I always feel a little guilty when I think about your reaction, lol. You'll make a fine dad Shred.

-Stork

vCash
    The poor guy hasn't been in the job for a week yet, and we're cutting him into ribbons.
    I don't care who hired him. He deserves a chance. I think the biggest indicator of what direction this offense is going will be who they keep, draft, and sign. I wasn't happy with the play calling last year, maybe they weren't either.

vCash
    You think maybe your jumping the gun a little bit? This thread is full of "if's and ?'s." Dude hasn't met with all of his players yet. what if he's the best OC the NFL has ever seen? and turns around this offense? and......? It works both ways, just have to wait and see.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Touche. Its getting better though.
    Lets hope so young man.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast