Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Did DA just fire himself a year early?

I think DA may have just fired himself with this OC hire.

Think about it.

Just think about it.

If this OC comes in and sucks at play-calling, can't improve the scoring and such - what then?

ANOTHER firing/hiring of an offensive coordinator? Seems unlikely.

I like DA, but the guys sucks at attracting offensive coaches. Maybe Reggie does, too. Maybe $$ is the biggest factor.

The thing is - will Reggie stand for another year like Knapp's and be willing to go forward?

This OC Olsen has a helluva lot to prove and I'm worried. I'm already preparing myself for a new HC come 2014. This OC hire is going to be the end of DA.

God I hope I'm wrong. I'll eat some savage crow if I am.

I'll never have been happier to be wrong about something....but the reality is I can't get my hopes up. I saw the writing on the wall last year and I'm not gonna pretend I don't see it this year.

SO Nation - what do you think happens if this OC fails?

Does Reggie allow him and DA to still go forward?

Does Reggie fire DA?

Or does Mark Davis fire Reggie?

I think some people don't realize how important this OC really is. It has to work if we want to keep some stability around here which is much needed. But I just don't see it. I think DA hired another quality QB coach/***** play-caller.

Time will tell. Perhaps this Jon Gruden 2014 talk isn't as farfetched as I thought. Call me a sap or w/e but I just won't fool myself into "let's give this guy a chance.." and have him ***** in my mouth. This ship could very well be going down.

And I'm pretty sure it is if its at all close to what we saw in 2012.

What say you, nation?

p.s. - this definitely deserves a thread of its own so plz dont be moving it to the oc thread..

vCash
    I think anything under 7-9 and he's gone. He might stay if we are 6-10 but say 7 of those games were decided by a TD or less. We are two years away, new HC or not. We got a team to build, we've got a franchise Qb to find as well.

vCash
    well... the exact same thing can be said for anyone who comes to oakland.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    I

think

it's

very

possible,

but

there's

no

way

to

be

sure.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Let the man call some plays before you fire him. I agree DA has not been overwhelmingly impressive but to dislike Olsen befor he calls a play for us is a bit premature. Let's give him a chance to suck before you fire him.We all know Oakland is a difficult place to coach, The shadow of Al Davis still looms over this franchise, And it's gonna be awhile before it goes away. It's gonna be awhile before the years of dysfunction goes away. Attracting top coaching and playing talent is always gonna be hard when you have a history of always hiring and firing coaches and a steady influx of overpaid and underwhelming players.
    Last edited by midwestlaker75; 01-20-2013 at 03:49 PM.

vCash
    No lol this wasn't just DA's decision ya know.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    No lol this wasn't just DA's decision ya know.
    Yes it was.

vCash
    Do you think DA made that hire himself? No he did not. I'm sure Reggie had a big part in the hire too so that's a pretty stupid question.

vCash
    Yes DA hired Olson. Just like da hired knapp, and according to Reggie fire him. If it was up to Reggie only bob mcadoo will be the OC since he's an upcoming Qb coach on the packers(I actually liked him)

vCash
    He sure as fauk did my friend. If he's dumb enough to hire Knapp, then his arse has got to go...just for the fact!
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Yes it was.
    I was unaware DA had the final say over Mark Davis.

Davis signs the paycheck not DA.
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak18 View Post
    Do you think DA made that hire himself? No he did not. I'm sure Reggie had a big part in the hire too so that's a pretty stupid question.
    Some people don't know how chain of command works in a business lol
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Some people don't know how chain of command works in a business lol
    I have no idea who had what kind of say in this hire, and neither do you. But if we're talking chain of command for an NFL team, its not uncommon for the head coach to be responsible for his staff. Its not always the case, but its not uncommon.

-Stork

vCash
    Guess you will just have to sit back and wait and see.

vCash
    Can you name me the Superbowl winning OC who...

- Has 19 years experience as an offensive coordinator over the past 25 years?

- Has, in those 19 seasons, only engineered 6 top-10 scoring offenses?

- Has, in those 19 seasons, only engineered 7 top-10 yardage offenses?

My point is this - if you were a fan of the team that hired this coordinator, odds are, you could have looked up his past performances on profootballreference; odds are, you would have noticed that this man had not engineered a top-10 offense in ten years.

Dennis Allen didn't get to be a secondary coach, defensive coordinator and eventually head coach by being dumb. Olsen might be an underwhelming hire, but I trust DA knows more about the people he's hiring then we do, reading secondary accounts.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast