Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Wade still the best SG

Kobe and Harden playing like ish right now, and Wade is just getting warmer. This is where he starts to do his damage since historically, Wade is a slow starter. It's obvious that both Harden and Kobe overachieved at the start of the season, and now they're starting to level off to where they should be. Likewise, Wade has underachieved, and is now playing to where he should be: a 25+ PER player. Talentwise, Wade is the 2nd best guard in the league. Only CP3 is better IMO.
    through 09/03/2014...

2014 Giancarlo Stanton

138/138 G
    .295/86/36/102/10 | .410 wOBA | 163 wRC+ | 5.64 WPA | 5.9 fWAR | 6.4 rWAR

He's comin' for that title, Mike Trout

134/138 G
    .285/92/31/98/13 | .396 wOBA | 161 wRC+ | 5.51 WPA | 6.3 fWAR | 6.6 rWAR

vCash
    Want a cookie?

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    Yea it does seem that Kobe has burned himself out, while Wade is pacing himself for the stretch run.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Threads like this are unnecessary in the nba forum
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    How long were you waiting for this moment to post this

The tales of Wade's demise where vastly exaggerated. He hasn't been his normal top 3-5 player in the league self...but he's been great. Kobe's crashing down to Earth...remember when people thought he could magically shoot over 50% in a season...and Harden is seeing less team success.

It's hard for me to say "Kobe has to do so much more", because he's playing with Dwight, Pau and Nash, but he almost does. Some of that might be his own fault, but still...

I think at this point Kobe is still having a slightly better season, but it's basically a three way tie between those three star SGs.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Kobe-Wade-Harden the elite SGs. At this point being aggressively in favor of any 1 of them over the other 2 would be foolish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    How long were you waiting for this moment to post this

The tales of Wade's demise where vastly exaggerated. He hasn't been his normal top 3-5 player in the league self...but he's been great. Kobe's crashing down to Earth...remember when people thought he could magically shoot over 50% in a season...and Harden is seeing less team success.

It's hard for me to say "Kobe has to do so much more", because he's playing with Dwight, Pau and Nash, but he almost does. Some of that might be his own fault, but still...

I think at this point Kobe is still having a slightly better season, but it's basically a three way tie between those three star SGs.
    Replace Kobe with Wade, and the Lakers become a much better team IMO. I think the difference would be the face that Wade is a better playmaker, and would put at least some effort on defense. He would take smarter shots and not shoot his team out of the game like Kobe. I honestly don't think the Lakers would perform nearly as bad with Wade.
    through 09/03/2014...

2014 Giancarlo Stanton

138/138 G

134/138 G

vCash
    Kobe leads the NBA in minutes. He looks dead out there. Can't take games off though, and he has no reliable backup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Kobe-Wade-Harden the elite SGs. At this point being aggressively in favor of any 1 of them over the other 2 would be foolish.
    I don't really see it as that. I see it as Kobe and Harden overachieving while Wade underachieving. Hence, why all 3 are on about the same level right now, but I think by the end of the season we will see who's really the best SG in the league which is easily Wade IMO. Things are starting to play the way they should as Kobe and Harden are leveling off while Wade is getting warmer. By the end of the season I expect Wade to be a 25+ PER, and Harden and Kobe 22-23ish PER.
    through 09/03/2014...

2014 Giancarlo Stanton

138/138 G

134/138 G

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Kobe leads the NBA in minutes. He looks dead out there. Can't take games off though, and he has no reliable backup.
    Who's Harden's reliable backup? Toney Douglas?

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
    Replace Kobe with Wade, and the Lakers become a much better team IMO. I think the difference would be the face that Wade is a better playmaker, and would put at least some effort on defense. He would take smarter shots and not shoot his team out of the game like Kobe. I honestly don't think the Lakers would perform nearly as bad with Wade.
    I'm not gonna say I disagree, because I think some of the chemistry and the poor play of Pau/Nash/Dwight falls on his shoulders with how he plays offensively...

But he's been great individually...probably better than Wade all things considered.

All these minutes might come back to ruin the Lakers (if they aren't already).
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    +1.

I don't really see it as that. I see it as Kobe and Harden overachieving while Wade underachieving. Hence, why all 3 are on about the same level right now, but I think by the end of the season we will see who's really the best SG in the league which is easily Wade IMO. Things are starting to play the way they should as Kobe and Harden are leveling off while Wade is getting warmer. By the end of the season I expect Wade to be a 25+ PER, and Harden and Kobe 22-23ish PER.
    PER isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash

Wade is a great player, but he doesn't have the responsibility that Kobe has. We now have to put Kobe on opposing team pg's, he has to carry the load on the perimeter because nobody else can score outside of Nash. We've never had a backup SG close to Ray Allen's level.

It also helps when you play with the greatest player in the NBA.

vCash
    I still think Kobe is the best SG, but the amount of minutes he's playing at his age will catch up and burn him out quickly.

“If you quit ONCE it becomes a habit. Never quit!!!”
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by --23-- View Post
    I still think Kobe is the best SG, but the amount of minutes he's playing at his age will catch up and burn him out quickly.
    This, I mean if Wade has to play every game and leads the league in minutes per game to give his team a chance, his body would break down and his stats would drop. It's just natural that your production starts to dip when you get worn out.

Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast