Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,403
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JeTsFan4eVeR View Post
    That is the key in your statement "Potential". Warmack looks like he could be a pro bowl guard right away. I don't want potential, I want safe and Warmack looks "safe" to me.
    I only say it because there's the outside shot he doesn't put up numbers at the combine. He's bigger than Warmack, moves better, is arguably a better pass protector already, and has road grader potential to go with it.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JeTsFan4eVeR View Post
    That is the key in your statement "Potential". Warmack looks like he could be a pro bowl guard right away. I don't want potential, I want safe and Warmack looks "safe" to me.
    This was said about DeCastro last year and look at not only how far he dropped but how much he struggled early on before getting hurt. I doubt that Idzik would find this as a good value pick. IMO, you should never use a top 10 pick on anything less than a dynamic player. LT, WR, pass rusher, QB, #1 CB. Not a utilitarian OG.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I only say it because there's the outside shot he doesn't put up numbers at the combine. He's bigger than Warmack, moves better, is arguably a better pass protector already, and has road grader potential to go with it.
    Who are you speaking of here? Is this a guard? I don't know too many, check that - any OG's bigger than Warmack at the top end of this draft class. Maybe you meant one inch taller? As in Cooper?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,352
    vCash
    1425
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Don't know why I've seen people making it sound like we can trade down and get Warmack. He may be the second best O-lineman in the draft and could make a run at a top 10 pick.
    Last year Decastro was touted as the best guard since Hutchinson and was projected in the 10-15 range and sometimes just in the top 10.

    As we saw last year he went in the early 20s

    Warmack might be better but I see a similar fate as far as draft status

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,352
    vCash
    1425
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    This was said about DeCastro last year and look at not only how far he dropped but how much he struggled early on before getting hurt. I doubt that Idzik would find this as a good value pick. IMO, you should never use a top 10 pick on anything less than a dynamic player. LT, WR, pass rusher, QB, #1 CB. Not a utilitarian OG.
    If JJ is here you grab him. Moore won't be there so I won't even mention it.

    Otherwise trade if you can because none of those skilled positions have a player worthy.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,022
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    This was said about DeCastro last year and look at not only how far he dropped but how much he struggled early on before getting hurt. I doubt that Idzik would find this as a good value pick. IMO, you should never use a top 10 pick on anything less than a dynamic player. LT, WR, pass rusher, QB, #1 CB. Not a utilitarian OG.
    If you feel he is a sure thing, why not?

    If you don't think he's a top 10 pick, then trade down. If you fear somebody else would take him, then doesn't that mean he's worth the pick?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    If you feel he is a sure thing, why not?

    If you don't think he's a top 10 pick, then trade down. If you fear somebody else would take him, then doesn't that mean he's worth the pick?
    This goes beyond what teams typically value an OG and why you don't see many, if any taken in the top 10. This also goes to what the value is to this team. With solid LT and C positions filled and a solid LG in Slauson available who has familiarity with communicating with each, why wouldn't you simply re-sign Slauson and address another position of need for a team in need of impact? In my mind, you've taken a step back (in terms of development and communication) to take a step forward that isn't in dire need of an upgrade. This team is about to release three starting LB's. There are some good prospects that possess pass rushing ability for which the team has zero to show for. Who's going to get the pressure from the OLB position? McIntyre? This is a seriously depleted position IMO.

    So to answer your question, there are lots of guys on the board who could be considered "sure things" but not for this team as it's currently constructed.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    15,068
    vCash
    1500
    I know this is my opinion and my opinion only: When you look at the NY Jets, how many positions can we honestly say WOULDN'T help the Jets in terms of the 1st round? Let's be realistic, you aren't going to see them draft a kicker or punter in round 1 because there isn't one worthy. I don't see the Jets drafting a CB in round 1 with Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Lankster, Trufant, and Berry on the roster; I don't see the Jets drafting a LT or C with Ferguson and Mangold on the roster. But quite honestly, that is about it.

    Let's be realistic, and I know I will get laughed at for this, but RB Eddie Lacy would fill a need in round 1; OG Chance Warmack fills a need; S Kenny Vaccaro fills a need in round 1; QB Geno Smith fills a need in round 1.

    You could go a number of different ways in round 1 of the NFL draft if you are the NY Jets and more times than not, it is going to fill a need for this team. That is how lacking this team is talent-wise.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    16
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I know this is my opinion and my opinion only: When you look at the NY Jets, how many positions can we honestly say WOULDN'T help the Jets in terms of the 1st round? Let's be realistic, you aren't going to see them draft a kicker or punter in round 1 because there isn't one worthy. I don't see the Jets drafting a CB in round 1 with Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Lankster, Trufant, and Berry on the roster; I don't see the Jets drafting a LT or C with Ferguson and Mangold on the roster. But quite honestly, that is about it.

    Let's be realistic, and I know I will get laughed at for this, but RB Eddie Lacy would fill a need in round 1; OG Chance Warmack fills a need; S Kenny Vaccaro fills a need in round 1; QB Geno Smith fills a need in round 1.

    You could go a number of different ways in round 1 of the NFL draft if you are the NY Jets and more times than not, it is going to fill a need for this team. That is how lacking this team is talent-wise.

    I am not laughing. I agree with your assessments on need. Trading back past 20 would net us extra picks and those players could be had!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    16
    vCash
    1500
    An rb,saf, or qb. Warmack would be gone. I hope we trade back often!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,073
    vCash
    1500
    A top ten pick would have to be BPA, after the combine we should know more about the players.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,742
    vCash
    1428
    Would the Jets dare go S in the 1st, especially when you consider that Landry may be gone and Bell is a FA.

    Unless Bush or Allen step up, or Wilson can step into the FS role, the Jets may consider it.

    Remember how Barron rose last year from being a late 1st rounder to top of the draft, one of this year's S will show out at the combine and get on everyone's radar.


  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,073
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Would the Jets dare go S in the 1st, especially when you consider that Landry may be gone and Bell is a FA.

    Unless Bush or Allen step up, or Wilson can step into the FS role, the Jets may consider it.

    Remember how Barron rose last year from being a late 1st rounder to top of the draft, one of this year's S will show out at the combine and get on everyone's radar.
    If theres a better OLB Id rather go in that direction, because if we can get some pass rush we will be in a good position. Coples and Wilks really came on this year and I can see the being a force this year.

    Did we retain Dunbar?


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New York Sir
    Posts
    5,345
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Would the Jets dare go S in the 1st, especially when you consider that Landry may be gone and Bell is a FA.

    Unless Bush or Allen step up, or Wilson can step into the FS role, the Jets may consider it.

    Remember how Barron rose last year from being a late 1st rounder to top of the draft, one of this year's S will show out at the combine and get on everyone's radar.
    Kenny Vaccaro. Its funny that you say this because Ive actually seen a mock or two that have us picking him for this exact reason. If anyone is going to shoot up the board its going to be him though. He had a good career at Texas and is a solid safety that could really help this team. The only caveat is that he should really be a bottom 1st round pick, we would be reaching somewhat with this selection but it would be much the same as Barron like 27 said.

    New York Jets: 1-3 soon to be 1-4
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.



    As of 9/4/14

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,742
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    If theres a better OLB Id rather go in that direction, because if we can get some pass rush we will be in a good position. Coples and Wilks really came on this year and I can see the being a force this year.

    Did we retain Dunbar?
    Quote Originally Posted by onlythisfar41 View Post
    Kenny Vaccaro. Its funny that you say this because Ive actually seen a mock or two that have us picking him for this exact reason. If anyone is going to shoot up the board its going to be him though. He had a good career at Texas and is a solid safety that could really help this team. The only caveat is that he should really be a bottom 1st round pick, we would be reaching somewhat with this selection but it would be much the same as Barron like 27 said.
    I would much prefer a OLB that can get after the QB, but I would understand this move.
    I may not be overjoyed by it, but I would understand it.
    If (a very big if) Vaccaro lights up the combines, maybe someone will want him bad enough to pay a bit extra for him, if the Jets want to trade down.

    And as far as I know, we still have Dunbar, and it looked like the work he put in with QCoples and MWilk paid off towards the end of the year, as they stepped up big time.


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •