Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbaze28 View Post
    I am not laughing. I agree with your assessments on need. Trading back past 20 would net us extra picks and those players could be had!
    He's a little out of context in regards to offensive personnel as we have no idea what Marty needs by way of players. On the surface, Lacy doesn't at all fit the receiving type RB that he utilizes. And a mauling guard may not be the kind of player in space that he wants. Same goes with QB. It's just too early. Also, safeties are abundant in FA this year. This is going to drive Laron's price down as 10 solid safeties are available and all are his age or younger.

But the simple fact is that there's always value in trading down when you have lots of needs. This isn't a news flash. But if that elusive pass rusher is there and you have a shot, you probably have to take it as most likely you won't find any in the later rounds that provide any impact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I would much prefer a OLB that can get after the QB, but I would understand this move.
    I may not be overjoyed by it, but I would understand it.
    If (a very big if) Vaccaro lights up the combines, maybe someone will want him bad enough to pay a bit extra for him, if the Jets want to trade down.

And as far as I know, we still have Dunbar, and it looked like the work he put in with QCoples and MWilk paid off towards the end of the year, as they stepped up big time.
    I agree, I just feel that at pick #9 we should be getting a game changing player. I would understand if we drafted Vaccaro, but not at #9. In all reality we could drop down a few spots and take him.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    This goes beyond what teams typically value an OG and why you don't see many, if any taken in the top 10. This also goes to what the value is to this team. With solid LT and C positions filled and a solid LG in Slauson available who has familiarity with communicating with each, why wouldn't you simply re-sign Slauson and address another position of need for a team in need of impact? In my mind, you've taken a step back (in terms of development and communication) to take a step forward that isn't in dire need of an upgrade. This team is about to release three starting LB's. There are some good prospects that possess pass rushing ability for which the team has zero to show for. Who's going to get the pressure from the OLB position? McIntyre? This is a seriously depleted position IMO.

So to answer your question, there are lots of guys on the board who could be considered "sure things" but not for this team as it's currently constructed.
    Tough call. I think the right side of the O-line is just as gaping of a hole as pass rush. The defense has been dominant in the past with Pace and Thomas - laughable. Jets could make a serious leap forward if they hit on a pass rusher there.

You can call Moore, Slausen and Howard OK individually but as a unit the Jets need to make serious improvements. I'd consider moving Slausen where needed and cutting Moore first.

Idk I just think thats a bad reason to skip OG. Would you draft a Steve Hutchinson if you had the chance? No idea if the guy projects that well, just saying hypothetically.

vCash
    Could you imagine if Gholston as actually a beast....what could've been....sigh.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Dri Archer is likely going to dominate the combine but it would be awesome if the Jets could scoop him up sometime after the 2nd round, he may be the best play maker in the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Tough call. I think the right side of the O-line is just as gaping of a hole as pass rush. The defense has been dominant in the past with Pace and Thomas - laughable. Jets could make a serious leap forward if they hit on a pass rusher there.

You can call Moore, Slausen and Howard OK individually but as a unit the Jets need to make serious improvements. I'd consider moving Slausen where needed and cutting Moore first.

Idk I just think thats a bad reason to skip OG. Would you draft a Steve Hutchinson if you had the chance? No idea if the guy projects that well, just saying hypothetically.
    To answer your question, well I already have. Even assuming this is the next coming of Hutchinson, my logic is still intact. Where's the need? It's at LB. And FA isn't going to solve that position by itself. But addressing the right (unathletic, mauling) side of the OLine is far easier and doesn't command high picks or athleticism that the left side does. I don't think Slauson is a viable option there as his run blocking skills are not up to par for RG. His pass protection skills certainly suit him to LG. And speaking of this, has Warmack truly been tested as a pass protector? The Tide simply rolled over opponents and rarely were ever in a position of being in predictable passing downs thereby allowing for defenders to pin back their ears. Is he even a LG? Might be a RG for all we know. We'll learn more about him although in my mind, it doesn't much matter.
    Good posts, Sandman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    To answer your question, well I already have. Even assuming this is the next coming of Hutchinson, my logic is still intact. Where's the need? It's at LB. And FA isn't going to solve that position by itself. But addressing the right (unathletic, mauling) side of the OLine is far easier and doesn't command high picks or athleticism that the left side does. I don't think Slauson is a viable option there as his run blocking skills are not up to par for RG. His pass protection skills certainly suit him to LG. And speaking of this, has Warmack truly been tested as a pass protector? The Tide simply rolled over opponents and rarely were ever in a position of being in predictable passing downs thereby allowing for defenders to pin back their ears. Is he even a LG? Might be a RG for all we know. We'll learn more about him although in my mind, it doesn't much matter.
    Good posts, Sandman.
    You too, man. This has been my point of view too, for the most part.

The draft comes after the FA, so we'll see what holes we were able to plug. Hopefully DeMario Davis is better than Ducasse, but we have 4 positions and only those two guys under contract. ****ed. gonna take some creativity.

vCash
    Apparently the Jets had a long talk with Mike Glennon. I don't know anything about him except he's a big kid. What do you guys think of him? Would he be worth a 2nd rd pick?

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I agree, I just feel that at pick #9 we should be getting a game changing player. I would understand if we drafted Vaccaro, but not at #9. In all reality we could drop down a few spots and take him.
    Yup...if you pick someone at #9 - they need to be on the field Year 1 Game 1 and making a difference.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Yup...if you pick someone at #9 - they need to be on the field Year 1 Game 1 and making a difference.
    We really have to hit on this pick too, theres no way we can miss here. Our season and the next few years really depends on it. Remember how far back the Vern pick set us!?

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    John X and Sandman - Good debate above.

vCash
    If we stay where we are, this is what I want to see.

1 Guard Chance Warmack Alabama
    2 Tackle Oday Aboushi Virginia
    3 Reciever Stedman Bailey West Virginia
    4 OLB Gerald Hodges Penn State
    5 D Tackle Kapron Lewis-Moore Notre Dame
    6 Corner Micah Hyde Iowa
    7 OLB Cameron Lawrence Mississippi State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Sad thing with the Jets, G Chance Warmack and S Kenny Vaccaro would fit that criteria in terms of being on the field opening day! Like I said before, the Jets could go a laundry list of different ways and the person they take would be the starter!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Sad thing with the Jets, G Chance Warmack and S Kenny Vaccaro would fit that criteria in terms of being on the field opening day! Like I said before, the Jets could go a laundry list of different ways and the person they take would be the starter!
    Vaccaro pre combine at #9 is a reach I think. I'm really excited for the combine

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    1st: Barkevious Mingo - OLB
    2nd: Gio Bernard, Stephan Taylor, Macus Lattimore - RBs, Eric Reid - S
    3rd: Jordan Reed - TE
    4th: EJ Manuel - QB
    5th: Tyrann Mathieu - DB
    6th: BPA
    7th: BPA