Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Draft for the Jets

With the Jets needing to fill so many needs, this will be a tough draft to figure out. Our offensive line outside of Mangold and Ferguson is a mess. We basically have no interior line at this point.

I don't need to mention the QB situation.

We also have no true nose tackle if, as expected, Pouha and Devito are not resigned. We have no pass rush and our secondary is going to be an issue since we probably won't be able to resign Landry and Bell.

If I were the Jets, I think I would be looking to trade down a few picks and take Chance Warmack out of Alabama. He is one of the best guard prospects in years and it would fill a huge need.

I think this draft has a ton of defensive promise which is why I would take Warmack with our first pick. I'm sure I will get a lot of flack for this unfancy pick, but we need a young, solid guard and Warmack is the guy.

I would love to see Werner fall so we would move Wilkerson inside, but in reality, I think Warmack is a great pick if we can trade back a few spots and get a couple extra picks this year.

Love to hear thoughts on this!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeTsFan4eVeR View Post
    With the Jets needing to fill so many needs, this will be a tough draft to figure out. Our offensive line outside of Mangold and Ferguson is a mess. We basically have no interior line at this point.

We also have no true nose tackle if, as expected, Pouha and Devito are not resigned. We have no pass rush and our secondary is going to be an issue since we probably won't be able to resign Landry and Bell.

If I were the Jets, I think I would be looking to trade down a few picks and take Chance Warmack out of Alabama. He is one of the best guard prospects in years and it would fill a huge need.

I think this draft has a ton of defensive promise which is why I would take Warmack with our first pick. I'm sure I will get a lot of flack for this unfancy pick, but we need a young, solid guard and Warmack is the guy.

I would love to see Werner fall so we would move Wilkerson inside, but in reality, I think Warmack is a great pick if we can trade back a few spots and get a couple extra picks this year.

Pouha is signed, we also have Kenrick Ellis.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Your right, I meant if he is released as expected. I am not sold on Ellis yet. I know he is young and hasn't played a ton, but I don't know if I see him as the long term solution.

vCash
    My only problem with Ellis is durability, but that's kind of a big deal.

vCash

Lot of bad information here. Let's wait until FA starts before making such claims. Neither of our OG's have missed games in many years.

As for trading back, there are no guarantees that offers will be available....especially those warranting a trade to begin with. It's too early for such talk.

vCash
    Last year Idrik and the Seahawks traded 2 picks for 6 picks. One of those trades was with the Jets. Let's hope he can make similar trades with the Jets, stockpile some picks, and bring some much needed depth and youth to the Jets. Build up the offensive line, get a LB/DE that can rush the QB, and grab a running back with some speed. Pick up a QB that can push Sanchez to the bench, someone like Flynn or Moore. Keep Braylon, sign Keller, and hope for some improvement from Hill. It probably wont lead to the playoffs, but it'll show improvements over last years pathetic performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Lot of bad information here. Let's wait until FA starts before making such claims. Neither of our OG's have missed games in many years.

As for trading back, there are no guarantees that offers will be available....especially those warranting a trade to begin with. It's too early for such talk.
    What about plays and assignments and just getting run over in general?
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRyno View Post
    Last year Idrik and the Seahawks traded 2 picks for 6 picks. One of those trades was with the Jets. Let's hope he can make similar trades with the Jets, stockpile some picks, and bring some much needed depth and youth to the Jets. Build up the offensive line, get a LB/DE that can rush the QB, and grab a running back with some speed. Pick up a QB that can push Sanchez to the bench, someone like Flynn or Moore. Keep Braylon, sign Keller, and hope for some improvement from Hill. It probably wont lead to the playoffs, but it'll show improvements over last years pathetic performance.
    Keller will probably want a big payday, I don't think he's worth that much. We have a Keller clone in Cumberland who's way cheaper.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash

yeah it is hard to say all this now because was we know we are not the only team going to be cutting veteran players. there will be plenty of cheap 1 yr deals we could get away with to keep the team afloat before we replenish in the next few drafts. and your werner comment is half correct. yes it would be awesome to get him but 1) he would play OLB he lost like 15 pounds this year so he could play sometimes standing up at FSU and 2) move wilkerson inside? we play a 3-4 so idk if you're suggesting he plays nose but that would make no sense cuz he is only 315. i believe we will draft a late round like 6th or 7th NT to groom but i am not worried about pouha and ellis there next year. pouha had a bad year but he was hurt throughout. i fully expect him to be healthy next year.

vCash

yeah it is hard to say all this now because was we know we are not the only team going to be cutting veteran players. there will be plenty of cheap 1 yr deals we could get away with to keep the team afloat before we replenish in the next few drafts. and your werner comment is half correct. yes it would be awesome to get him but 1) he would play OLB he lost like 15 pounds this year so he could play sometimes standing up at FSU and 2) move wilkerson inside? we play a 3-4 so idk if you're suggesting he plays nose but that would make no sense cuz he is only 315. i believe we will draft a late round like 6th or 7th NT to groom but i am not worried about pouha and ellis there next year. pouha had a bad year but he was hurt throughout. i fully expect him to be healthy next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Keller will probably want a big payday, I don't think he's worth that much. We have a Keller clone in Cumberland who's way cheaper.
    I completely agree if Keller wants the big bucks, let him chase it elsewhere.

Maybe Cumberland isn't a world-beater, but he does have talent, and with a QB that can get him the ball, he seems like he can put up decent numbers.

vCash
    Don't know why I've seen people making it sound like we can trade down and get Warmack. He may be the second best O-lineman in the draft and could make a run at a top 10 pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Don't know why I've seen people making it sound like we can trade down and get Warmack. He may be the second best O-lineman in the draft and could make a run at a top 10 pick.
    Even with Warmack being a tremendous prospect, he's still a Guard, and Guards to not typically go in the top 10, despite how talented some are.

When it comes to the OL, OTs are paramount, which is why they are always taken top 10 over any other OL positions.

Consider Mangold was the top center in the draft, and look where was he taken.

Side: Warmack is a monster, and if any team really would take him in the 1st, it would probably be the Jets, but the teams directly behind the Jets have other areas of need first. That's why the Jets could fall back a bit and should still be able to acquire him if they seem fit, but I'm sure they're aware they they can not fall back too many places, as some team will make a go for him.

vCash
    I have not yet cemented Warmack as the best G in this class. Jonathan Cooper is a potential freak. One of the best movers you'll find at G in years.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-20-2013 at 09:02 PM.

vCash
    That is the key in your statement "Potential". Warmack looks like he could be a pro bowl guard right away. I don't want potential, I want safe and Warmack looks "safe" to me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast