Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PF and Center

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    we have a PF in moultie whose 7ft, athletic and can shoot and crash the boards. We wont even give him a shot
    For a second there I thought you were referring to Moultrie; but none of what you said applied to him. This 'Moultie' fella I do not know.

vCash
    It could be moultrie... If he hit the gym every once in a while

What is he? Like 6'10?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    The fact that Moutlre can't sniff the court even with our big men being so bad is concerning. He is either so bad he can't even beat out Hawes/Lavoy for minutes or DC is so biased he won't give him a chance. After we drafted him, I had concerns about him (weak defensive rebounder/help defender), but him not playing and not standing out during his (sub-par) D-league stint leads me to believe he isn't that good.

Also I found reading the john finger article on Csnphilly.com funny. If Collins and the 76ers brass really believed Kwame was going to be a good starting center, but the acquisition of Bynum hurt him mentally, they are insane. He was and will never be a starting quality center. He is the backup's backup who can give fouls/some post defense if necessary in an ideal world.

They are lucky Thad has improved to give them some quality production from the 4 spot as a starter or we would be looking at something even uglier than our current 4/5 rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    if he wasnt anything then why did we call him right back up? Why.not let him stay? I remember a much differant moultrie in college. The dude worked.hard if not anything else. Just another case of doug collins making a young players begining career pure hell.

vCash
    I remember a much differant moultrie in college. .

You also remembered a different Evan Turner in College.

Try to remember: this ain't college. All that is irrelevant; never happened.

vCash
    How would you guys feel about dealing Kwame Brown and Lavoy Allen to the Nuggets and getting Dalembert back in a 3 team trade? Dalembert is much better than the bonafide scrub. I was thinking it would look like

Bucks Get

Danilo Gallinari

Nuggets Get

Lavoy Allen
    Kwame Brown(to use as a reserve for when they trade mosgov)
    Bucks draft pick(s)

76ers get
    Samuel Dalembert
    Young Guns

vCash
    Pass

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    oh lord not dalembert again, how bout we trade doug collins for a coach who lets his young players play free. Sixers players almost look like there scared out there to make a mistake which actually causes mistakes. Doug collins has brung a little stability but hes not goina take us to the next level. Exspecially maling young players feel like outcast.

vCash
    how bout we trade doug collins for a coach who lets his young players play free. Sixers players almost look like there scared out there to make a mistake which actually causes mistakes. .
    You just made all of that up.

Last year Doug placed certain guys in the doghouse (deservedly so, imo). This year he's not done that...though I wish he would.

Lavoy deserves to sit more often; ET deserves to sit WAY more often; and the role guys (JRich, NYoung, etc) should get appropriate time depending on the way they play on certain nights.

Doug's actually been oddly loyal this year.

(And the 'play free' stuff is so naive I'll not even comment on that one. It's beneath me.)

vCash
    I wouldn't complain with Lavoy sitting more since he has been such a disappointment (showing no signs of improvement from year 1 to year 2/living up to his college reputation). That said, realize we are putting in Hawes or Kwame who also aren't very good.

As far as ET goes, he does play hard and can have good games from time to time. If his shot selection were better he could be a nice complementary starter too. I don't see the point in benching him for two guys who have just as many, if not more, issues than he has (JRich has been injured/not very good).

N.Young is similar to ET in the sense that he could be a much better player with a more discipline shot taking approach, but N.Young has never seen a shot he doesn't like. I think its kind of late in the game to hope his approach changes (I guess we can still pray).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    i actually kind of like nick young.... in a 20 or less mpg role bench scorer. outside of his pedestrian defense, he does exactly what i want from him. his shot selection doesnt bother me so much because he doesnt play a huge role on the team, and doesnt dribble too much. he also shoots a very respectable % from 3.

jrich is a guy whos shot selection kills me. hes basically nick young out there, but thinks hes more (and so does the coach), so he forces worse shots, dribbles a bit more, and has an undeserved longer leash.

u cant sit lavoy cause u dont have a better option.... if bynum was here then u can get away with sitting the bigs who dont bring the toughness, but we dont have that luxury right now.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 01-26-2013 at 11:22 AM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    all this guard talk and this thread is about the defiency at PF and C. I said earlier in the year the key to this team is Lavoy Allen. And he has sucked this year. Thad is a small guy. Spencer is soft and a perimeter guy. Kwame just sucks. And Lavoy has not gotten any better.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    We are set at the Pg, SG, and SF for now. But we are small and weak in the front court.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    all this guard talk and this thread is about the defiency at PF and C. I said earlier in the year the key to this team is Lavoy Allen. And he has sucked this year. Thad is a small guy. Spencer is soft and a perimeter guy. Kwame just sucks. And Lavoy has not gotten any better.
    Ummm Lavoy was not the key to the team in anyway and Thad is small, whats the suppose to mean?

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast