Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50

Thread: PF and Center

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    444
    vCash
    1500

    PF and Center

    I for one coming into this year was very against having Thad as our starting PF along with our centers. I know Bynum isn't playing. But Hawes, Kwame, and Lavoy have been the main reason this team is as bad as they are. They don't put up numbers. They certainly don't protect the paint. And even though Thad does put up some numbers, he doesn't protect the paint or defend that well. He is a well undersized PF. And any good team don't win with guys that small in their starting front court. I do hope that they realize they need to get better and bigger in their front court. 2013 is all but done but if they can reisgn Bynum which is a must. They have to trade Hawes and Thad for a real PF.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    nr Allentown
    Posts
    61
    vCash
    1500

    Cool The Favors-Collins-Thorn Affair

    I posted a deal like this one, that was automatically poo-poo'ed, but I will attempt another on this new thread.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ahyca8p

    Seems like a no-brainer, but could it ever happen?
    Who would be doing the deal? Doug Collins wanted Favors and Rod Thorn drafted him as a Net...
    But, then there is the new GM Tony DiLeo. There is NO WAY Thad Young is going to be traded, with his hustle and TRUE passion on the court. Here is the HOPEFUL starting line-up after the deal...

    PF- D. Favors
    SF-T. Young
    C- A. Bynum
    SG-D. Wright
    PF- J. Holiday (All-Star!!!)
    Last edited by bougiemon 7; 01-20-2013 at 04:07 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    I for one coming into this year was very against having Thad as our starting PF along with our centers. I know Bynum isn't playing. But Hawes, Kwame, and Lavoy have been the main reason this team is as bad as they are. They don't put up numbers. They certainly don't protect the paint. And even though Thad does put up some numbers, he doesn't protect the paint or defend that well. He is a well undersized PF. And any good team don't win with guys that small in their starting front court. I do hope that they realize they need to get better and bigger in their front court. 2013 is all but done but if they can reisgn Bynum which is a must. They have to trade Hawes and Thad for a real PF.
    I'm actually pretty keen to see how Thad plays next to Bynum. He does a good job in some areas of defense, particularly getting out and defending pick and rolls, and I think he could really benefit from having a good defensive center behind him.

    Quote Originally Posted by bougiemon 7 View Post
    I posted a deal like this one, that was automatically poo-poo'ed, but I will attempt another on this new thread.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ahyca8p

    Seems like a no-brainer, but could it ever happen?
    Who would be doing the deal? Doug Collins wanted Favors and Rod Thorn drafted him as a Net...
    But, then there is the new GM Tony DiLeo. There is NO WAY Thad Young is going to be traded, with his hustle and TRUE passion on the court. Here is the HOPEFUL starting line-up after the deal...

    PF- D. Favors
    SF-T. Young
    C- A. Bynum
    SG-D. Wright
    PF- J. Holiday (All-Star!!!)
    If it was poo-poo'ed it's because there's no way Utah would do it. They love Favors. I'm not so sure he's as untouchable as others have thought over the years, but I don't think that does it.

    Also if it did happen we should be bringing Thad off the bench and finding a new SG, rather than playing both Thad and Wright out of position.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,700
    vCash
    1500
    Id like to pair bynum with a pf who can hit that 15-18 footer off the pick and roll....

    Can favors hit that shot?

    Not that we have the assets (at all) to get him.... Just curious... Favors is a good starting 4, but i dont see all-star games in his future, maybe at the 5, not at the 4


    gotta pay the troll toll

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,051
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Id like to pair bynum with a pf who can hit that 15-18 footer off the pick and roll....

    Can favors hit that shot?

    Not that we have the assets (at all) to get him.... Just curious... Favors is a good starting 4, but i dont see all-star games in his future, maybe at the 5, not at the 4
    Bholly could u please find the stat for Favors 10-15 ft shooting %?

    I know you got those stats, because I haven't seen enough of Favors recently to judge.
    WE BUILDIN

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    I just get them from hoopdata.com.

    .288 (25-88) for his career, .357 (5-14) this year. His shooting percentages are below average for a PF/C at every distance - and pretty significantly so from the longer ranges.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,700
    vCash
    1500
    He should be playing the 5, hes not a star, hes like a theo ratliff level big....

    Not knocking him, love the kid, but utah has him as an untouchable, theyre gonna break the bank to keep him, etc.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    974
    vCash
    1500
    I don't want him keep THAD

    Props to NoFunLeague

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    8,873
    vCash
    2970
    Favors has been overrated since day 1. hasnt shown much of anything to this point.

    RETURN OF THE MAC

    Rec: 20 Yards: 353 TD: 3

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,700
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shkelqim View Post
    I don't want him keep THAD

    Thads contract is pretty bad, if we can get out of it and sign an OJ mayo type guy this summer to pair wifh holiday and bynum, then we should.

    Of course, moving turner and hawes and kwame would be better and easier.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,232
    vCash
    1500
    ^does utah still need a SG? i know they have alec burke but they aren't playing him. turner for favors makes hte most sense...but utah seems to be attached.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,700
    vCash
    1500
    turner for favors is a bad deal for utah.... really bad.

    at worst favors is a really good defensive 5 who wont hurt u offensively (think back to theo ratliff before he got hurt only physically stronger, but less skilled shot blocker.)..... an athletic defensive 5 is so much more valuable than evan turner.

    utahs bigger issue is that theyre overvaluing enes kante and they continue to play al jeffersn at the 5.... the jazz would be so much better with a jefferson/favors frontcourt with kanter/milsap coming off the bench.... or trading kanter for a wing cause hes very replaceable.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 01-21-2013 at 11:24 AM.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by j0nyj0n View Post
    ^does utah still need a SG? i know they have alec burke but they aren't playing him. turner for favors makes hte most sense...but utah seems to be attached.
    No.

    But they do need a slow SG who can stand in the corner with his arm in the air, who is able to get burned on the defensive end and has the potential to be a good rebounder, but isn't.

    If only we had someone like that...........hmmmmm....................

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    8,873
    vCash
    2970
    give it a rest already

    RETURN OF THE MAC

    Rec: 20 Yards: 353 TD: 3

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,700
    vCash
    1500
    ^seriously


    gotta pay the troll toll

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •