Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    McKinleyville, CA. (AKA Humboldt, CA.)
    Posts
    1,749
    vCash
    1500

    one play to describe Bobby April

    I remember watching this live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW6xy-YCS4Y

    Oakland has a reason to be excited with the talent our new ST coach brings to the team. If you were a ST'er wouldn't you wanna play hard for him?
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

    ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,881
    vCash
    1500
    This is a "what have you done for me lately" league, and here is what he has done lately. Here is 2 years to describe April

    April spent three seasons with the Eagles, whose special teams unit has been mostly a disaster of late. The Eagles ranked 28th in kickoff return yardage last season, and they allowed the second-highest punt return average in the league.

    In 2011, the Eagles were 31st in kick return yardage and 28th in punt return yardage.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,881
    vCash
    1500
    Wasn't that play called back because of a forward pass? smh, he didn't even make sure to tell them to make sure they throw it backwards. Way to sum it up lol
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    McKinleyville, CA. (AKA Humboldt, CA.)
    Posts
    1,749
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders420 View Post
    Wasn't that play called back because of a forward pass? smh, he didn't even make sure to tell them to make sure they throw it backwards. Way to sum it up lol
    Yeah the play was called back, but not for a lack of creativity. Damn, there's no hope for a positive future in Oakland...WTF? Cmon man!
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

    ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    9,940
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders420 View Post
    This is a "what have you done for me lately" league, and here is what he has done lately. Here is 2 years to describe April

    April spent three seasons with the Eagles, whose special teams unit has been mostly a disaster of late. The Eagles ranked 28th in kickoff return yardage last season, and they allowed the second-highest punt return average in the league.

    In 2011, the Eagles were 31st in kick return yardage and 28th in punt return yardage.
    Well that sounds promising

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,906
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Yeah the play was called back, but not for a lack of creativity. Damn, there's no hope for a positive future in Oakland...WTF? Cmon man!
    I think we (the fans) are in a state of cynical disbelief right now.

    Special teams require players. For a team to have good special teams, they need enough roster depth to have solid backups running around on kickoff / punt coverage.

    Oakland could hardly field a starting defensive unit last year - how did anyone expect them to have effect special teams? Get more players who can do their jobs effectively and the whole picture gets better - including special teams.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    McKinleyville, CA. (AKA Humboldt, CA.)
    Posts
    1,749
    vCash
    1500
    Booby April may have a new Punter - Special teams player in Marquette King. I like the pieces this team is putting together. I wish we never gave Rock Cartwright his walking papers. He was a dynamic special teams player and captain. Sorry to see Lechler go. April's coaching, King's punts, Seabass's kicks and Ford's returning abilities make for a solid special teams unit. Who's our gunners?
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

    ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    1500
    i thought jones did a kick *** job as a gunner last year..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,690
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Booby April may have a new Punter - Special teams player in Marquette King. I like the pieces this team is putting together. I wish we never gave Rock Cartwright his walking papers. He was a dynamic special teams player and captain. Sorry to see Lechler go. April's coaching, King's punts, Seabass's kicks and Ford's returning abilities make for a solid special teams unit. Who's our gunners?

    Uhhhhh.......there's no guarantee SeaBass will be back. I am pretty sure he's an UFA, and maybe gets more $$$ to kick elsewhere. I sure hopes he stays, but if some team is willing to give him what Uncle Al did, I say "toodles".

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,281
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Uhhhhh.......there's no guarantee SeaBass will be back. I am pretty sure he's an UFA, and maybe gets more $$$ to kick elsewhere. I sure hopes he stays, but if some team is willing to give him what Uncle Al did, I say "toodles".
    Janikowski is still under contract. He doesn't become a free agent until 2014. He will make $3.8 million this year.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    County of Korn
    Posts
    265
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Yeah the play was called back, but not for a lack of creativity. Damn, there's no hope for a positive future in Oakland...WTF? Cmon man!
    I think we (the fans) are in a state of cynical disbelief right now.

    Special teams require players. For a team to have good special teams, they need enough roster depth to have solid backups running around on kickoff / punt coverage.

    Oakland could hardly field a starting defensive unit last year - how did anyone expect them to have effect special teams? Get more players who can do their jobs effectively and the whole picture gets better - including special teams.
    So if we don't have the talent, then why fire the old special teams coach. With ur reasoning, it was not his coaching ability and he should've have stayed. You can't have it both ways bud.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    Baaaahaaaa

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    To funny, don't think we have anybody that could complete that pass anyway,ha ha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •