Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

one play to describe Bobby April

I remember watching this live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW6xy-YCS4Y

Oakland has a reason to be excited with the talent our new ST coach brings to the team. If you were a ST'er wouldn't you wanna play hard for him?
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    This is a "what have you done for me lately" league, and here is what he has done lately. Here is 2 years to describe April

April spent three seasons with the Eagles, whose special teams unit has been mostly a disaster of late. The Eagles ranked 28th in kickoff return yardage last season, and they allowed the second-highest punt return average in the league.

In 2011, the Eagles were 31st in kick return yardage and 28th in punt return yardage.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Wasn't that play called back because of a forward pass? smh, he didn't even make sure to tell them to make sure they throw it backwards. Way to sum it up lol
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders420 View Post
    Wasn't that play called back because of a forward pass? smh, he didn't even make sure to tell them to make sure they throw it backwards. Way to sum it up lol
    Yeah the play was called back, but not for a lack of creativity. Damn, there's no hope for a positive future in Oakland...WTF? Cmon man!
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders420 View Post
    This is a "what have you done for me lately" league, and here is what he has done lately. Here is 2 years to describe April

April spent three seasons with the Eagles, whose special teams unit has been mostly a disaster of late. The Eagles ranked 28th in kickoff return yardage last season, and they allowed the second-highest punt return average in the league.

In 2011, the Eagles were 31st in kick return yardage and 28th in punt return yardage.
    Well that sounds promising

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Yeah the play was called back, but not for a lack of creativity. Damn, there's no hope for a positive future in Oakland...WTF? Cmon man!
    I think we (the fans) are in a state of cynical disbelief right now.

Special teams require players. For a team to have good special teams, they need enough roster depth to have solid backups running around on kickoff / punt coverage.

Oakland could hardly field a starting defensive unit last year - how did anyone expect them to have effect special teams? Get more players who can do their jobs effectively and the whole picture gets better - including special teams.

vCash
    Booby April may have a new Punter - Special teams player in Marquette King. I like the pieces this team is putting together. I wish we never gave Rock Cartwright his walking papers. He was a dynamic special teams player and captain. Sorry to see Lechler go. April's coaching, King's punts, Seabass's kicks and Ford's returning abilities make for a solid special teams unit. Who's our gunners?

vCash
    i thought jones did a kick *** job as a gunner last year..

vCash
    Booby April may have a new Punter - Special teams player in Marquette King. I like the pieces this team is putting together. I wish we never gave Rock Cartwright his walking papers. He was a dynamic special teams player and captain. Sorry to see Lechler go. April's coaching, King's punts, Seabass's kicks and Ford's returning abilities make for a solid special teams unit. Who's our gunners?

Uhhhhh.......there's no guarantee SeaBass will be back. I am pretty sure he's an UFA, and maybe gets more $$$ to kick elsewhere. I sure hopes he stays, but if some team is willing to give him what Uncle Al did, I say "toodles".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Uhhhhh.......there's no guarantee SeaBass will be back. I am pretty sure he's an UFA, and maybe gets more $$$ to kick elsewhere. I sure hopes he stays, but if some team is willing to give him what Uncle Al did, I say "toodles".
    Janikowski is still under contract. He doesn't become a free agent until 2014. He will make $3.8 million this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I think we (the fans) are in a state of cynical disbelief right now.

Special teams require players. For a team to have good special teams, they need enough roster depth to have solid backups running around on kickoff / punt coverage.

Oakland could hardly field a starting defensive unit last year - how did anyone expect them to have effect special teams? Get more players who can do their jobs effectively and the whole picture gets better - including special teams.
    So if we don't have the talent, then why fire the old special teams coach. With ur reasoning, it was not his coaching ability and he should've have stayed. You can't have it both ways bud.

vCash
    Baaaahaaaa

vCash
    To funny, don't think we have anybody that could complete that pass anyway,ha ha