Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    the problem with Star that scouts have though is that he's not consistent, his motor isn't always going.

I'd much rather they get Damontre Moore over Star if possible. But I think we all know the best course of action is to probably trade down and get more players.
    Star's motor comment, was about his 2011 play, in 2012 i've read that most scouts took that off his list of concerns. I watched an interview of his, he attributed it to a 25lb weight loss, he used to be 350lbs+.

Though I agree about the trading down, mock drafts don't usually take trades into account. Mostly because its too hard to predict when someone is gonna dump their board for a player like Julio Jones or RG3. Being at pick 3, in a draft class that lacks a clear cut elite talent, I'd say anyone worth trading up for, will be done at pick 1 or 2. Granted, if a team finds their player did fall to pick 3, it would come cheaper (according to the scale of pick value) so I could see someone stepping up to take a pick, but I doubt we get anything more than a 3rd round extra for trading out of the top 10. Granted its all speculation until draft day arrives!

vCash
    1. 2 McChickens 2 McDoubles, Center, Alabama
    2. Prince Richardson, Cornerback, California
    3. Skinny White Power *****, Middle Linebacker, Florida State
    4. Giggity, Tight End, Ohio State
    5. Triple Dutch Blow Smash, Running Back, Yale

vCash
    My pick would have to be Jarvis jones without any doubt I believe he will be a force to years to come. Not only is he blazing fast around the corner but his ability to turn balls over is something a Defensive coach like Allen drool over!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdgallday View Post
    My pick would have to be Jarvis jones without any doubt I believe he will be a force to years to come. Not only is he blazing fast around the corner but his ability to turn balls over is something a Defensive coach like Allen drool over!!!!!!
    I would agree if not for the spinal stenosis. One lead with the helmet, and his career could go down the drain. It's imperitive that we get this pick right, whether we take someone @ #3, or trade down. seeing that our cap situation is better, but not good enough to make a lot of big splashes in FA, it's imperitive that we get a majority of our picks right. We need to build through the draft, especially now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdgallday View Post
    I think the Raiders can find a pass-rushing DE/OLB at other points in the draft, which is why I'm not a huge fan of Jarvis Jones at #3.

'Elite' DTs / NTs are really hard to come by. If Star's on the board, I think you have to take him. That's just my opinion, of course.

vCash
    I honestly think that Damontre Moore will be an elite player. He has that "Lawrence Taylor" look to him. I could see him as someone who is a perennial All-Pro, with 15+ sacks a year. If we pass him up, either by taking someone else, or trading down, we may regret it BIG TIME. I am a big fan of trading down to gather more picks, especially a much needed 2nd, but if we draft Moore @ #3, I won't miss any sleep, either. I want, Star, Moore, Joeckel, or a trade down @ #3....and nothing else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak18 View Post
    1. 2 McChickens 2 McDoubles, Center, Alabama
    2. Prince Richardson, Cornerback, California
    3. Skinny White Power *****, Middle Linebacker, Florida State
    4. Giggity, Tight End, Ohio State
    5. Triple Dutch Blow Smash, Running Back, Yale
    You forgot McRib, DT SMU
    Big N' Nasty OT FSU

vCash
    I can't get over the medical condition Jones suffers from. It will rear its head sometime down the line. He is a risk. Sad, because he is good. But risky nonetheless.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Shred003;25256790]I think the Raiders can find a pass-rushing DE/OLB at other points in the draft, which is why I'm not a huge fan of Jarvis Jones at #3.

'Elite' DTs / NTs are really hard to come by. If Star's on the board, I think you have to take him. That's just my opinion, of course.[/QU

I think it's the other way around friend. You can find space eaters in free agency pretty easy, but you can definitely not find quality pass rushers in free agency, and if you do, you better be ready to open that check book.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    [QUOTE=carolinaraider;25281579]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I think the Raiders can find a pass-rushing DE/OLB at other points in the draft, which is why I'm not a huge fan of Jarvis Jones at #3.

'Elite' DTs / NTs are really hard to come by. If Star's on the board, I think you have to take him. That's just my opinion, of course.[/QU

I think it's the other way around friend. You can find space eaters in free agency pretty easy, but you can definitely not find quality pass rushers in free agency, and if you do, you better be ready to open that check book.
    I agree on star..he's my 1st choice, 2nd choice, Moore, 3rd choice either millner, or joekell, though think we can get kyle long in 3rd round, so this is why I would go for defense in round 1..still would prefer trading down if the deal is right...such as a 7-12 1st round and 7-12 2nd round for our #3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Honestly I am high on Star as well. I would not be upset if he was the pick.

That being said however I prefer Jarvis because he is a flexible option. If our team truly is going to 3-4 primary defense he is an excellent option as OLB that can pass cover and put heat on the QB. Our QB pressure was absolutely pathetic this past year, it picked up towards the end but honestly it was the worst overall that I have ever seen. Our defense is full of glaring holes, it all comes down to who our staff thinks will be a sure thing. The plus side of this is, it will be near impossible for us to draft someone who is not at a position of need.
    Why would we go to a 3-4 defense?
    With 0 good linebackers on our roster, we are supposed to base our defense off an unproven, overhyped NT(Star) and 4 other LBs we bring in? Or we keep the 3 crappy ones we have and add to the poop pile?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFa8thful View Post
    We know this first pick goes to D, but CB, LB, DL is anyones guess.
    I would love to see something like this:
    Round 1: Star Lotulelei DT/NT - For obvious reasons, our D could use his presence for years to come.
    Round 3: Kyle Long OL (he played T at oregon, but will play G at the senior bowl) -Heritage, but also a solid athlete. OL should be a pick here wether he is available or not.
    Round 4: T.J. McDonald S - The upside is obvious with him, at 6'3" 210 the kid can outsize just about anyone who makes it to the third level. His family has history in the NFL. Doubt he is here at this pick, but would be a no brainer if available. There are a couple other comparable sized safeties in the draft who's stock might climb after the combine, but it appears he is the best with his size. Could be taken in the 3rd instead of Long, as long is a 4th round projection.
    Round 5: Devon Taylor DE - This kid is HUGE. His size allows him to control the line of scrimmage. Still a little undersized for a 3-4 front, (weight) but if he throws on 15-20 pounds he is a huge body player to throw into our D. Lamar Houston/Star Lotulelei/ Devon Taylor, would be a very big and physical front 3 for us. (Shaunessy could also play the end instead of Taylor)
    Round 6: Sanders Commings CB - Not the best DB in the draft, but his size and physicality remind me of some of the better corners in the NFL. By no means do we have to draft this kid, but someone along his style would be a welcome presence in the secondary.
    Round 7: Ryan Otten TE - The one position that seems to be filled with talent in this draft, is the TE position. I don't mean that some of the leagues best TE will come out this draft, but rather the talent pool is deep all the way through the draft. "The first-team All-WAC performer caught 52 passes for 739 yards (and five touchdowns) joined Notre Dame’s Tyler Eifert as the only two tight ends who ranked in the top 100 nationally in both receptions and receiving yards per game in 2011 (From NFL.com)" For someone whos draft stock has dropped off due to injury, I think the Raiders could gamble on this kid in the 7th with a possible upside like a Michael Bush was.

That being said, hope you all enjoy!
    Star Lotulelei would be that true 2 gap DT we have lacked for 10 years now.

However, I see us trading out of the #3 spot to get more picks.

Reggie has an eye for finding hidden talent so I would not mind us trading down to get more picks.

vCash
    What makes anyone even think that Star is going to be even remotely good?
    The only thing he has shown this year is that he is BIG. Thats about it.

vCash
    We need to nail this whole draft. As deep as it is in meat eaters, I say we have a good chance at doing it.

vCash
    I feel every thread is the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast