Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Official NFL Mock Draft Thread

vCash
    We know this first pick goes to D, but CB, LB, DL is anyones guess.
    I would love to see something like this:
    Round 1: Star Lotulelei DT/NT - For obvious reasons, our D could use his presence for years to come.
    Round 3: Kyle Long OL (he played T at oregon, but will play G at the senior bowl) -Heritage, but also a solid athlete. OL should be a pick here wether he is available or not.
    Round 4: T.J. McDonald S - The upside is obvious with him, at 6'3" 210 the kid can outsize just about anyone who makes it to the third level. His family has history in the NFL. Doubt he is here at this pick, but would be a no brainer if available. There are a couple other comparable sized safeties in the draft who's stock might climb after the combine, but it appears he is the best with his size. Could be taken in the 3rd instead of Long, as long is a 4th round projection.
    Round 5: Devon Taylor DE - This kid is HUGE. His size allows him to control the line of scrimmage. Still a little undersized for a 3-4 front, (weight) but if he throws on 15-20 pounds he is a huge body player to throw into our D. Lamar Houston/Star Lotulelei/ Devon Taylor, would be a very big and physical front 3 for us. (Shaunessy could also play the end instead of Taylor)
    Round 6: Sanders Commings CB - Not the best DB in the draft, but his size and physicality remind me of some of the better corners in the NFL. By no means do we have to draft this kid, but someone along his style would be a welcome presence in the secondary.
    Round 7: Ryan Otten TE - The one position that seems to be filled with talent in this draft, is the TE position. I don't mean that some of the leagues best TE will come out this draft, but rather the talent pool is deep all the way through the draft. "The first-team All-WAC performer caught 52 passes for 739 yards (and five touchdowns) joined Notre Dame’s Tyler Eifert as the only two tight ends who ranked in the top 100 nationally in both receptions and receiving yards per game in 2011 (From NFL.com)" For someone whos draft stock has dropped off due to injury, I think the Raiders could gamble on this kid in the 7th with a possible upside like a Michael Bush was.

That being said, hope you all enjoy!

vCash
    I have a strong feeling we are gunna be going after Jarvis Jones with the top pick if we dont trade it. I think this guy is going to be a stud in the NFL. He has the potential to dominate and change games on his own. He does have some health risks but did not show any on the field this year. I like him at our top pick personally

vCash
    ^i would feel pretty comfortable with our draft looking some what like this^
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    I have a strong feeling we are gunna be going after Jarvis Jones with the top pick if we dont trade it. I think this guy is going to be a stud in the NFL. He has the potential to dominate and change games on his own. He does have some health risks but did not show any on the field this year. I like him at our top pick personally
    Jarvis Jones is compared to Bruce Irvin, as Star Lotulelei is compared to Haloti Ngata. I know comparisons are next to meaningless, but in the grand scheme of things, we need to control the line of scrimmage more than we need a pass rusher atm. Grabbing a stud like Star will allow people like Houston to avoid double teams play after play. We need that anchor more than we need a guy who can get sacks... anyone remember what our D was like with Derrick Burgess? Was great to get a double digit sack guy, but our run D was HORRIBLE then...

vCash
    Honestly I am high on Star as well. I would not be upset if he was the pick.

That being said however I prefer Jarvis because he is a flexible option. If our team truly is going to 3-4 primary defense he is an excellent option as OLB that can pass cover and put heat on the QB. Our QB pressure was absolutely pathetic this past year, it picked up towards the end but honestly it was the worst overall that I have ever seen. Our defense is full of glaring holes, it all comes down to who our staff thinks will be a sure thing. The plus side of this is, it will be near impossible for us to draft someone who is not at a position of need.

vCash
    True that, with the new regime in place, I doubt we will see a DHB type pick here. I've seen a few mock drafts with the Raiders taking Geno Smith, which I think would be the only pick that would be counter productive for us, as we have too much invested in Palmer. To touch on your point about our d catching on a little late in the season, I attribute this to DA and Tarver finally finding some players that work for their scheme vs the talent they were told was the best when they arrived. We had practice squad players by the end of the year doing better than our starters did. Just imagine how much better our D will look when they can draft players they know will fit the scheme. Curious what happens to Miles Burris? Does he become a ILB in the 34?

vCash

vCash
    Honestly, we get into it every year, we all talk, then we argue, then we fight.

It happens every year since I have been one PSD and the few years I lurked before signing up.

The fact if the matter is all of our 1st round picks the last 5 years have been busts. Yes Seymour & Palmer too

I for one can care less who we pick, though I will have my preferences like everyone else but man oh man, if there ever was a team that deserved a home run 1st round franchise changing player; It's the Oakland Raiders.

ray: please just nail it for once!!!!
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Star Lotulelei's Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2NFHqoFuMs

vCash
    Star does look solid... these are deff. my top two picks. It would be nice to plant Star and Houston as DE's in a 3-4 set if we can get our hands on a NT.

vCash
    the problem with Star that scouts have though is that he's not consistent, his motor isn't always going.

I'd much rather they get Damontre Moore over Star if possible. But I think we all know the best course of action is to probably trade down and get more players.

vCash
    With all the holes we really do need more picks. I mean on defense we need atleast a DE,DT,MLB possibly two corners, and depth at all the spots just for when people get hurt. Plus on offense we need depth and OL. Its alot of pieces to fill with not alot of picks. I mean we will bring in a few guys through FAs but we dont have money for that so the draft is our place to get talent.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    might be best to stay away from Jarvis Jones because of his injury:

According to Dr. Chicoine, stenosis is just a fancy word for “narrowing”, and spinal stenosis is scarily just that –the narrowing of the spinal canal. This narrowing of the canal then leads to the compression of the spinal cord itself. Two types of spinal stenosis can be diagnosed, with the narrowing being located in either the lower back, which is referred to as “lumbar spinal stenosis”, or the neck, which is referred to as “cervical spinal stenosis”.

As one might imagine, cervical spinal stenosis is the more frightening of the two, as cervical can cause paralysis from the neck down, while lumbar spinal stenosis would only cause paralysis from the waist down. Paralysis being the most extreme of results from the injury (and most rare), Dr. Chicoine did state that spinal stenosis is typically less progressive until the person affected by such injury is in mid-life. Moreover, Chicoine said it’s almost impossible to predict how much of an effect the injury might have on Jarvis Jones’ career, as that would require more knowledge about the extent of the stenosis present.

vCash
    THats just not good. I like that kid from what ive read but we cant afford to miss on this pick. We need to get a player that will be a corner stone for many many years. He seems like to big of a risk for us. If we were the pats or ravens and had a good core already sure but we dont. We need guys who will be around ten plus years with no issues. I could be wrong tho and it might not effect him at all.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast