Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around that Grabovski contract. He paid him like he was such an in-demand player. Meanwhile, we had more than capable 2nd line centers in Kadri, Bozak, at-the-time Connolly, and a possible Colborne to name 4! He's still a great player to have on the team. But Burke was way too proud of that 2nd line of Mac-Grabo-Kuli. They were good together for one year (when they were all heading towards expiring deals).

Anyway, the Leafs have had many worse contracts on the books than Grabovski's. I can think of 10 worse right off the bat. So, until Grabo slumps to a 40 point guy, I won't cry too much over it.

vCash
    He is the guy to buy out! Even last night he took some strange hits. U can't head into the playoffs with this many tiny skilled guys!
    Eat Lobster

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I'd be ok if the Leafs bought out Grabovski if there was no way to trade him. I think the Leafs could get at least a 2nd if they were to eat some of his salary.

vCash
    yeah i don't want to buy him out but i don't want to pay him that much, i think come the trade deadline there could be a team like the Bj's, Flames, Oilers who are desperate to get in the playoffs who could bite on him. I would be willing to take less in return to ditch that contract. Grabo is not a bad player but he's a 4 million dollar player not 5.5

Looking back on this team there isn't a contract that Burke signed where he would get an A

vCash
    All the Getzlaf talk is rediculous. You've gotta look ahead, and I think he's regressed. Perry should be priority #1. If he makes it to UFA, he'd be the best all round player, with the most upside in ages. Just watch a Ducks game, Perry makes Getz, not the other way around. I also think there's still a possibility that the 22 year old Kadri can't be written off as a highly competitive, playmaking #1. I'd love to see Perry-Kadri-Kessel, then Lupul-Bozak-JVR, then Kulemin-Grabo-Komarov, finally Orr/Brown-Mclement-Anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    All the Getzlaf talk is rediculous. You've gotta look ahead, and I think he's regressed. Perry should be priority #1. If he makes it to UFA, he'd be the best all round player, with the most upside in ages. Just watch a Ducks game, Perry makes Getz, not the other way around. I also think there's still a possibility that the 22 year old Kadri can't be written off as a highly competitive, playmaking #1. I'd love to see Perry-Kadri-Kessel, then Lupul-Bozak-JVR, then Kulemin-Grabo-Komarov, finally Orr/Brown-Mclement-Anyone.
    He (Getzlaf) had a horrible year last year. 57 pts in 82 games and the first time he was a minus in his career. But before that the only season he wasn't a PPG player was his rookie season. If he has another year like last year I'll hop on the regression train but one botched season doesn't scare me away from him. He's only 27-28ish. But I'd put my money on him resigning in Anaheim. Usually seems to happen with players like him. Suter/Parise doesn't happen very often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    What are you talking about? This is exactly why the Leafs are in a perpetal mess.
    In what universe is Lupul a ppg player? He has played 516 games and has 323 points, not even close to ppg player. He had one good season, and even if he had another no GM in their right mind would give 6/36.
    ... He was a PPG player last year... lmao what were you watching?

He had 67 points in 66 games.

If let's say he played 46-47 games this year and puts up 45 points, he would have demanded 6 million FOR SURE. So it's not as bad as you're making it out to be.

And the past doesn't matter. He's a UFA now, not three years ago. He's 29 years old and had a weird illness years back. Past has nothing to do with a contract now.
    Last edited by LuckyLuke2; 01-20-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    I too am not a fan of the Grabovski contract but let's just see how it plays out. And I disagree that the Getzlaf talk is bad because as fans it's a tremendous dream hahahaha.

And no he hasn't regressed. You don't just regree out of nowhere. He struggled last year but so did the entire team. Not just him. He's still a great player.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Dreger was on radio 1050 and he`s hearing that Bozak will be next with an extension. So look out for that

vCash
    That should make it more attractive for Kessel to ink an extension here in TO before the end of next season or maybe even this offseason.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Dreger was on radio 1050 and he`s hearing that Bozak will be next with an extension. So look out for that
    That might be a tough one to figure out...he plays first line minutes be default...on a playoff contender he most likely plays 3rd line minutes...hopefully they can get him on a 3 year deal around $2-2.5 million per year

vCash
    Really? Man I was sort of hoping they would use Bozak as trade bait.
    The MAX I'd pay for Bozak is 3 million. They better not overpay because he plays first line minutes... on any other NHL team he's a third liner.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    I too am not a fan of the Grabovski contract but let's just see how it plays out. And I disagree that the Getzlaf talk is bad because as fans it's a tremendous dream hahahaha.

And no he hasn't regressed. You don't just regree out of nowhere. He struggled last year but so did the entire team. Not just him. He's still a great player.
    Really I'm splitting hairs. Getzlaf would be the best center we've seen since Sundin in his prime. That said, I think he's a big part of what makes Anaheim go, they sucked last year because he wasn't going.
    If we're about to spend 7-8 million a year, for 7 years on a UFA, I suggest you get the right guy, and not just the best guy available. Perry is extremely fast, has an accurate bullet of a shot, has good size, extreme drive to win, and is no less physical than Getz. Perry would make a guy like Kadri look like a 7th overall pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    Really I'm splitting hairs. Getzlaf would be the best center we've seen since Sundin in his prime. That said, I think he's a big part of what makes Anaheim go, they sucked last year because he wasn't going.
    If we're about to spend 7-8 million a year, for 7 years on a UFA, I suggest you get the right guy, and not just the best guy available. Perry is extremely fast, has an accurate bullet of a shot, has good size, extreme drive to win, and is no less physical than Getz. Perry would make a guy like Kadri look like a 7th overall pick.
    Oh I agree for sure, Perry is a stud, but I won't say Getzlaf is a bad player or has regressed because I don't think he has. The only thing that has regressed or receeded is his hairline lol but other than that he's a great playmaking center.

He'd look terrific in the blue and white but I also agree Perry would too... however, like we have been saying for years we need a center. Badly. And Getzlaf fits that perfectly IMO...

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    ... He was a PPG player last year... lmao what were you watching?

He had 67 points in 66 games.

If let's say he played 46-47 games this year and puts up 45 points, he would have demanded 6 million FOR SURE. So it's not as bad as you're making it out to be.

And the past doesn't matter. He's a UFA now, not three years ago. He's 29 years old and had a weird illness years back. Past has nothing to do with a contract now.
    First off, one season doesn't define a ppg, and yes I was watching. And you are dreaming if you think that a team is going to give +6mil/6yrs if he has 48 points in a shortened season (total of 120 games+/- including last year). Now you're talking Sedins, Getzlaf, Kopitar, Datsyuk type money.

As I stated earlier, I like Lupul, and I like Grabo, its their deals that drive me crazy. Why would you give Lupul (who has only had one season at ppg pace-last year) a 5yr deal-at market value for someone who has done it more then once?

What if, after one miraculous season of ppg, he reverts back to his previous stats? You know what happens, you guys will bi#ch and complain how he should've never recieved this extension after only one good year.

Leafs now have Lupul, Grabo, Phaneuf....and more, who are over paid for their production. At some point, some of these players who "love" to be here need to be on club friendly contracts. Lupul is most certainly not on a club friendly contract.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast