Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lupul resigns for 5 years 26.5 million

Lupul is resigned to a 5 year 5.25 million per year deal with a limited NTC. Leafs can request list up to 14 teams.

Per Dreger

vCash
    Good call, posted it in the trade thread.

PS not to sound rude or troll but if you're a Sens fan why are you here lol :P

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    I love Lupul as a player, but I do think this is too much for him and a deal they will regret in a few years. I don't know, just not a fan of giving a guy a big contract after a breakout season. But I guess we will see.

If Dion walks after next season, I can also definitely see Lupul getting the C, so that's a plus i guess.

We still have a crap load of capspace though and only forwards signed past 13/14 are now Lupul, Grabo and JVR. 15 M in those guys is quite a bit, though.

Get Kessel locked up 5 more years now!

vCash
    Anyways like I posted on the other thread, what do you guys think?

Personally I am happy with it as long as he stays healthy. He's been injury prone most of his career but that was mostly due to an illness.

He had a career year last year, he's in his prime at 29 years old and he's been a good leader and guy in the community. Does this affect Perry/Getzlaf signing here? Does it help?

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Lupul would have priced himself out of the market with another big year.

They overpaid a tad imo (I had him at 5 25) but this makes sense.We have the cap space, Lupul is a pretty damn good asset and a good influence it seems.

vCash
    I support it. Very good season and as said above, he has another one like that... good luck getting him back for this price. I don't think he will really fall off the way other guys have. We'll see though.

Looks like Carlyle can't trade him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post

We still have a crap load of capspace though and only forwards signed past 13/14 are now Lupul, Grabo and JVR. 15 M in those guys is quite a bit, though.

Get Kessel locked up 5 more years now!
    I kinda disagree. We have our 1st line LW, second line C, and a guy with the potential to be a 2nd line RW but not crippling if he sits on the third line. Also the Cap could go up which makes this look better IMO. I think the $$$ is about right for Lups but the years are where it hurts a tiny bit. If he took less $$$ for more security then i am happy with it, but if Nonis could have gotten this deal done on a 3-year deal i would be much happier
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    I think they jumped the gun here. The guy had a career year and got injured yet again. Then after 1 game this season we pony up? See where the team is later on during the season and more importantly where Lupul is. Guy could be in a cast. I'm not against resigning him. I just think they should of waited a little longer.

vCash
    The problem with the 15 million is not Lupul.

The problem is overpaying Grabovski and JVR (not by us)

vCash
    They need to focus on kessel now...and they were probably talking before the lockout so I doubt they jumped the gun.But I understand you wanting to see how he does before he gets a new contract

vCash
    And if we make the playoffs we need a guy like lupol

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    The problem with the 15 million is not Lupul.

The problem is overpaying Grabovski and JVR (not by us)
    I'm with you on this one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I kinda disagree. We have our 1st line LW, second line C, and a guy with the potential to be a 2nd line RW but not crippling if he sits on the third line. Also the Cap could go up which makes this look better IMO. I think the $$$ is about right for Lups but the years are where it hurts a tiny bit. If he took less $$$ for more security then i am happy with it, but if Nonis could have gotten this deal done on a 3-year deal i would be much happier
    It just depends on how he plays if Kessel leaves. Is he still a 1st line LW without Kessel? Can he carry a line by himself?

There's question marks there for sure, but to keep him off the market you have to pay him and it seems that's what they wanted to do.

Grabo is overpaid for sure and I still think JVR can be a 50 point guy (full 82 game season), and 4.250 is probably the going rate for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I'm with you on this one
    Its not a huge deal but I would have let him walk (considering what kadri is showing now, it might have been ok anyway) if he wanted that much money. I think his price would have came down. Burke's biggest issue was his cap space usage.

There were guys on the UFA market (mostly wingers admittedly) who got nicer deals

vCash
    I think we've got a nice 2nd and 3rd line with this team (assuming some players move around a bit). It's just a bit overpaid. All we've gotta do in the offseason is add a 1st line.

Sign Perry and Getzlaf

Grabovski - Getzlaf - Perry
    Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
    Kulemin - Colborne - JVR

Done.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast