Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many point does Kobe get Today?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 20

3 23.08%
  • 21-30

5 38.46%
  • 31-40

3 23.08%
  • 41-50

0 0%
  • 51-60

0 0%
  • 61+

2 15.38%
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    vCash
    I remain hopeful that Lowry will regain his starting role before seasons end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    I remain hopeful that Lowry will regain his starting role before seasons end.
    I think he will. To me the difference is between being a good employee and a good manager. Jose is a very good manager and it's an under-estimated skill. Lowry is a talented employee, not yet capable of running a team. That's why Jose is out there in clutch situations to close out games.

If Lowry cost us a high first rounder and we're looking to him as the PG of the future, I agree, I want to see him starting before the end of the season. My only concern is with the team getting the best performances out of people, and the players giving the franchise the best chance to win.
    Last edited by ink; 01-21-2013 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    Lol Jordan was just demanding???!!!. Boy the Jordan myth is alive and well huh.
    Did you watch him at the time? On the court he was hard ***. But he never did the Kobe whine. He would stare down anyone without having to stare them down if you know what I mean. With Kobe it's a bit childish. That's why he will always feel like a facsimile instead of the real thing, that and the fact that he's just not as good.

And before you decide that I'm a Jordan worshipper you should know that I think his success at his position practically destroyed a team sport. We've seen more ball dominance in the NBA since MJ than at any time before and it has not been good for the game.
    Last edited by ink; 01-21-2013 at 02:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Did you watch him at the time? On the court he was hard ***. But he never did the Kobe whine. He would stare down anyone without having to stare them down if you know what I mean. With Kobe it's a bit childish. That's why he will always feel like a facsimile instead of the real thing, that and the fact that he's just not as good.

And before you decide that I'm a Jordan worshipper you should know that I think his success at his position practically destroyed a team sport. We've seen more ball dominance in the NBA since MJ than at any time before and it has not been good for the game.
    Agree with this. Everybody(mgmt, fans) is focused on finding that 1 MVP type player rather than building a great team with complimentary parts. The tanking phenomenon became more prominent since the 80's & has done more to kill the game than improve it. Only thing that you can take away from that method is that it is what is most popular among fans.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash

Not a Jordan worshiper but just not fully admitting how much of an a hole he was. All the things they said about Kobe were first said about MJ. Kobe has flaws I will admit that

He did change the dynamic of the team sport but damn it was fun to watch him play.
    Last edited by BigCityofDreams; 01-21-2013 at 07:14 PM.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Not a Jordan worshiper but just not fully admitting how much of an a hole he was. All the things they said Kobe were first said about MJ. Kobe has flaws I will admit that

He did change the dynamic of the team sport but damn it was fun to watch him play.
    I started watching basketball during MJs first three-peat. Yes it was great. I used to think the best players in the world were the ones who scored 30-50 points and everyone else was lousy. I guess everyone more or less starts off believing in superstars. Yes he was amazing to watch. His dominance astonished every game. I don't see that happen much any more, except for Lebron. I really don't see Kobe dominating in the same way. And I'm hopeful that those days of superstars playing so far above everyone's level are fading.

On a side note, I watch a lot of women's basketball because my GF is a coach. I watched the SFU women's team dismantle Seattle in women's NCAA play on Saturday night, and I have to say that I enjoyed the basketball I watched in that game more than most NBA games. The passing, playmaking, teamwork, defence, rebounding, fundamentals, shooting, footwork, everything except dunking, were somewhat superior and more consistent than what I see the pro men doing. I know that might sound crazy but that's the way it looks from the sidelines. I travel down to Portland every so often for an NBA game and it's never really worth the drive or the expense compared to just going out to SFU and watching the women's NCAA. And there are no Kobe's to watch complain because they're not getting superstar calls to sway the outcome of the game ...
    Last edited by ink; 01-21-2013 at 05:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Agree with this. Everybody(mgmt, fans) is focused on finding that 1 MVP type player rather than building a great team with complimentary parts. The tanking phenomenon became more prominent since the 80's & has done more to kill the game than improve it. Only thing that you can take away from that method is that it is what is most popular among fans.
    And the problem with that approach is that there just aren't more than 20 superstars in the league, and now with superteams you have 2 and 3 of those superstars sometimes on the same team, which means that only about 10-12 teams are actually even competitive.

Which makes a win by the Raptors yesterday all the more impressive. Although the Lakers aren't really scaring anyone right now regardless of the talent on their roster.

vCash
    I started watching basketball during MJs first three-peat. Yes it was great. I used to think the best players in the world were the ones who scored 30-50 points and everyone else was lousy. I guess everyone more or less starts off believing in superstars. Yes he was amazing to watch. His dominance astonished every game. I don't see that happen much any more, except for Lebron. I really don't see Kobe dominating in the same way. And I'm hopeful that those days of superstars playing so far above everyone's level are fading.

On a side note, I watch a lot of women's basketball because my GF is a coach. I watched the SFU women's team dismantle Seattle in women's NCAA play on Saturday night, and I have to say that I enjoyed the basketball I watched in that game more than most NBA games. The passing, playmaking, teamwork, defence, rebounding, fundamentals, shooting, footwork, everything except dunking, were somewhat superior and more consistent than what I see the pro men doing. I know that might sound crazy but that's the way it looks from the sidelines. I travel down to Portland every so often for an NBA game and it's never really worth the drive or the expense compared to just going out to SFU and watching the women's NCAA. And there are no Kobe's to watch complain because they're not getting superstar calls to sway the outcome of the game ...
    I actually think the gap is getting bigger. Lebron is a freak of nature. TBH we haven't seen a player with his size and speed in the history of the NBA. Can you imagine what players will look like 10 yrs from now.

That's cool everyone is able to like what they like. I think the reason why you see so much team work and fundamentals in women's basketball because the gap in talent level isn't that big. Obviously there are some women that said out among others but in the history of female basketball it's rare to have that one player that transcends the sport. I guess the only one that comes to mind is Cynthia Cooper. But to not make this a man vs. women thing you see team work, defense, rebounding, and other aspects of the game in the NBA and College ball with teams that don't have that big star player.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    I actually think the gap is getting bigger. Lebron is a freak of nature. TBH we haven't seen a player with his size and speed in the history of the NBA. Can you imagine what players will look like 10 yrs from now.

That's cool everyone is able to like what they like. I think the reason why you see so much team work and fundamentals in women's basketball because the gap in talent level isn't that big. Obviously there are some women that said out among others but in the history of female basketball it's rare to have that one player that transcends the sport. I guess the only one that comes to mind is Cynthia Cooper. But to not make this a man vs. women thing you see team work, defense, rebounding, and other aspects of the game in the NBA and College ball with teams that don't have that big star player.
    It radically improves the ball being played. No one player dominates, offence and defence are balanced, the play can be really seamless.

vCash
    It radically improves the ball being played. No one player dominates, offence and defence are balanced, the play can be really seamless.
    I understand that completely. That's because they have to play that way in order to compete. It's like in baseball with Tampa. They have to be a pitching and defensive team because they don't have the financial power of the other clubs.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728