Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Lindsey Hunter Named Interim Head Coach

PHOENIX – The Phoenix Suns have named former NBA player and Suns Player Development Coordinator Lindsey Hunter the club’s interim head coach, the team announced today.

A 17-year NBA veteran as a player, Hunter retired following the 2009-10 season after a successful career with Detroit (1993-00, 2003-08), Milwaukee (2000-01), the LA Lakers (2001-02), Toronto (2002-03) and Chicago (2008-10). A two-time NBA champion with the Lakers (2001-02) and Pistons (2003-04), Hunter’s teams made 12 playoff appearances in 17 seasons overall. Originally selected with the 10th overall pick of 1993 NBA Draft, the 6-2, 195-pound former guard averaged 8.5 points, 2.7 assists and 1.2 steals in 937 career games (438 starts).

Hunter joined the Suns’ scouting department in 2012 and this season served as the coordinator of the organization’s newly-formed player development department. He served in a similar post with the Chicago Bulls following his retirement.

He and wife, Ivy, have three children, Lindsey IV, Caleb, Cydney.
    http://www.nba.com/suns/suns-name-hu...rim-head-coach

vCash
    good luck lindsey. Take us to the playoffs next season

vCash
    I don't know much about him but if the Suns are really going for the whole youth development movement then it would make sense for the development coordinator to be in charged.

vCash
    Makes sense as I think he's the guy who's been working with Marshall most of the time. Probably sees stuff that gentry never saw from the young guys in practice.

I don't rule Turner out as a candidate for next season though. I imagine Hunter, Turner and thunder dan (among others) will be candidates during the off season too. Just Hunter makes the most sense with what we're trying to do at the moment.

vCash
    Reports coming out that Turner and Majerle have left the team.

The franchise has handled this situation as poorly as possible. How in the world do you not have the interim named when you announce the firing? Does that EVER happen at mid point in a year? You need 3 days to promote an INTERIM coach from within? So this leads to a 3 day fermenting of bad blood between the assistants who are interviewing against eachother... then the team pegs the guy with the least experience and least tenure with the franchise.

Hats off Blanks and Babby, you are the forefront of what has rapidly become one of the worst run teams in sports.

vCash
    ^^^ I'm reading that too. Hunter offered all assistants to return and those two didn't show up at practice.
    Let's see the next boneheaded move these guys can make.
    Not saying Hunter was the wrong choice, but this was handled wrong as you stated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post

The franchise has handled this situation as poorly as possible. How in the world do you not have the interim named when you announce the firing? Does that EVER happen at mid point in a year? You need 3 days to promote an INTERIM coach from within? So this leads to a 3 day fermenting of bad blood between the assistants who are interviewing against eachother... then the team pegs the guy with the least experience and least tenure with the franchise.

Hats off Blanks and Babby, you are the forefront of what has rapidly become one of the worst run teams in sports.
    You read my mind. Fire both of them. Selll the franchise. Barkley for GM. Corey Gaines for HC. Start from 0 the only thing we keep is the trainers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    Makes sense as I think he's the guy who's been working with Marshall most of the time. Probably sees stuff that gentry never saw from the young guys in practice.

I don't rule Turner out as a candidate for next season though. I imagine Hunter, Turner and thunder dan (among others) will be candidates during the off season too. Just Hunter makes the most sense with what we're trying to do at the moment.
    I agree.

vCash
    Seriously? If we lose Turner and Majerle I'll be extremely pissed. Majerle is more of a Sun than anyone left in the organisation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    You read my mind. Fire both of them. Selll the franchise. Barkley for GM. Corey Gaines for HC. Start from 0 the only thing we keep is the trainers.
    I cannot picture Barkley as an executive. Even if he had some brilliant ideas he is too flamboyant for other front offices to want to deal with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    Seriously? If we lose Turner and Majerle I'll be extremely pissed. Majerle is more of a Sun than anyone left in the organisation.
    They left the team today. No word if they officially quit, they might take a few days to cool off. But the signs point to both of leaving. And after how inept the team handled this transition it is not surprising.

vCash
    They left the team today. No word if they officially quit, they might take a few days to cool off. But the signs point to both of leaving. And after how inept the team handled this transition it is not surprising.
    Crazy. I wanted a rebuild but things are falling apart at the seams. I agree that this has been handled very poorly.

vCash
    Turner n marleje wont get the most out of the younger guys. Hunter wa
    s the right choice

vCash
    The FO are handling this rebuild project horribly. This roster is horrible, the way they handled the Gentry firing was horrible. I mean Babby even said they didnt plan for this, its just embarrassing to be a Suns fan right now. Yeah Im debbie downing it, but holy cow this isnt a rebuild this is a dismantle.

vCash
    ^ agree. we need to fire everybody besides medical staff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast