Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Chris Anderson signed to 10 day contract

ethan
    Miami has signed Jarvis Varnado and Chris Andersen to 10-day contracts, according to team. Andersen has been in Miami working out.
    Let's see what he has

vCash
    Good stuff. I hope it works out, because he could really help us out. The timing is great too, because he has more time to get in better shape before we play on Wednesday against Toronto.

vCash
    Nice, I hope he proves worthy of being signed for the rest of the season.

vCash
    I don't see him playing against the raptors? I hope he works out.
    FEAR US!!!

vCash
    this is what I'm waiting for so long a decent center that can play that position I hope he has a game cause I just wondering a beast like him for a 10 day contract it means there's something wrong he will be under observation and A+ grade for the signing him he can be a Rodman to us

get Oden for our experiment if he gets healthy of course he will start for the heat but for the mean time

i want this line up would be:

andersen/anthony/pittman
    bosh/haslem/lewis/varnado
    james/battier/jones
    wade/allen/miller
    chalmers/cole

or lets have a trade for mozgov (involves james jones philly's 1st) or dalembert (involves mike miller and philly's 1st)

mozgov/andersen/anthony
    bosh/haslem/varnado
    james/battier/lewis
    wade/allen/miller
    chalmers/cole

or

dalembert/andersen/anthony
    bosh/haslem/varnado
    james/battier/lewis
    wade/allen/jones
    chalmers/cole
    Last edited by emman03; 01-20-2013 at 11:49 AM.

vCash
    Thats great. Andersen averaged 12.4 points 11 rebounds and 3.4 blocks in 36 minutes last season for Denver. He might be crucial for Miami. We need player who can defend and hustle.

He also was 1st in defensive rating for Denver last season. He might be a championship signing for the Heat.
    Last edited by Minimal; 01-20-2013 at 11:28 AM.

vCash
    I just hope he doesn't take Joel's minutes. We for some reason always try to play others infront of him and he is our best defender.

vCash
    Should be interesting. Hope he's in shape and stays out of trouble...

vCash
    @MiamiHEAT
    Andersen after practice: I'm grateful the @MiamiHEAT gave me this opportunity. I'm ecstatic to be here in Miami.

Andersen: I'm here to give them everything I've got. Blocking shots and diving on the floor, everything that the Birdman brings.

I'm really excited to see what he can contribute.
    Last edited by gotoHcarolina52; 01-20-2013 at 12:03 PM.

vCash
    That's great to hear! I think the heat rather keep their players and just pick up players like birdman, Oden, ect.. Anderson can probably be enough until Oden gets healthy here with us and can possibly play next season?
    FEAR US!!!

vCash
    He must be happy to be out of that cold weather in Denver to this nice warm weather in Miami! I guess the Birdman can fly in any weather?
    FEAR US!!!

vCash
    "Typically," coach Erik Spoelstra said, "you're not able to get a player of his caliber at this time of year. We've always liked him."

Spoelstra said the Heat had Andersen in for workout at the start of Andersen's career, "when he was pre-tattoo."

Andersen said he had a minor procedure on his left knee in August but now is fully healthy, save for a lack of conditioning.

"It's been nine months since I've been on the floor," he said. "I'm just overwhelmed to be here. They're taking a chance with me and I'm here to give them everything I've got."

Andersen and Varnado were signed to 10-day contracts. Players can be signed to up to two 10-day contracts, before they either must be signed for the balance of the season or released.

It is the first 10-day contract signed with the team by Andersen and the second by Varnado, a former Heat second-round pick.

"We like the fabric of who they are," Spoelstra said. "They just fit what we do."

. . .

"The first day of practice you could see he fits in very good with what we do," Spoelstra said. "He has a lean body; he has a live body.

"We just want him to be relaxed and be who he is. He fits in very seamlessly. His skill set fits the style of basketball we play."

He was embraced by his new teammates.

"It's a great addition," guard Dwyane Wade said of a teammate who doesn't require a role in the offense. "He's the kind of guy you look at and you respect.

"You always looked at him and said, 'That's a guy you would love to have on your roster.' He wears his personality on his sleeve."

Andersen arrived saying his motto is "block and roll."

Said LeBron James, "We love guys with chips, who feel they have something to prove."

Center Chris Bosh echoed Spoelstra, "He fits our style of play."
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...770,full.story

So now the two white guys on our team each have three-word trademark mottos:

Mike Miller, "let it fly"

Chris Andersen, "block and roll."

vCash
    That's great, but I'm with Slug3 on this one. Don't take Joel minutes.

Better move Bosh and UD to their positions and put Birdman and Joel as full time centers. I don't mind that... (Maybe in closing minutes putting Bosh as center so Allen can play or Battier or both but that's it).

Nice!
    Miami HEAT 2012-2013
    #27ptsCOMEBACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANGO View Post
    That's great, but I'm with Slug3 on this one. Don't take Joel minutes.

Better move Bosh and UD to their positions and put Birdman and Joel as full time centers. I don't mind that... (Maybe in closing minutes putting Bosh as center so Allen can play or Battier or both but that's it).

Nice!
    I've been saying this needed to happen for a while now.....Bosh isn't one to openly protest against playing Center, but I really think he's just tired of playing the position at this point.

vCash
    @MickyArison
    The @MiamiHEAT had good spirited practice today. Looked like the Birdman fit right in. #LetsGoHeat

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast