Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Z-Bo????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pa_superstar View Post
    Before the thread is closed, I just want to say that I listened to Craig Ackerman and Jason Friedman on rocketscast live yesterday and they said it best. Randolph dosent make us a contender. Yea it makes us immediately better, but also compromises our future. Both Harden and Lin operate more effectively in the paint, and adding zbo with asik will only make that situation more complicated. Morey is looking for a stretch 4 that can also defend and rebound at a consistent rate, and zbo dosent give us that cause he a power 4. So I'm kind of glad that this deal is possibly dead. Although I do want to see a move made at the 4 position, but just for someone younger and more skilled/athletic than zbo.
    This is a pretty good point. If you trade for Z-Bo, you better hope that he's going to stay healthy for a while because he's 31, has been in the league for 11 years and makes basically $17 million a year through 2015. And that final year is a player option, so even if you trade for him, he's only guaranteed to be around for another year after this one. Plus it prevents you from being able to add another star free agent in the meantime.

As far as the whole "stretch 4" argument goes, I think it's true that this team could use a stretch 4, but it's certainly not a necessity. They already have two stretch power forwards, and it's not as if they're dominating the league because of it. What they need more than anything is a consistent, reliable No. 2 scorer who can get an easy basket when needed. Ideally, you'd want someone like a Bosh or a Love who could stretch the floor, but if you had to settle for Randolph, you could do a hell of a lot worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    We have like 4 stretch 4 players. We need a guy who can score from the post, a guy like Randolph is EXACTLY what we need, IMO. And what do you mean when you say Randolph doesn't rebound at a consistent rate?
    I never said Randolph didn't rebound at a consistent rate, I'm saying he's not a stretch four.

vCash
    And it is not Randolph's game to sit around 18 feet and knock down jumpers off pick and pops or dishouts from harden and Lin while they are driving to the paint. Yea Randolph would make our rebounding rate go up, but that's about all. His style will hurt Lin and harden game
    Last edited by pa_superstar; 01-23-2013 at 09:44 AM.

vCash
    A guy that's is EXACTLY what we need is named Kevin Love. Not Zach Randolph

vCash
    We have 2 stretch 4 who have not been consistent. That's been the issue. If Patterson or Morris were not having these dead spots in their game then it would not be a problem. If Morris played more consistently like he did against cha, then we probably wouldn't be having this conversation, but he hasn't. So we are forced to find someone who can do it on a daily basis.

vCash
    I never said Randolph didn't rebound at a consistent rate, I'm saying he's not a stretch four.
    But it's not as if he can't hit a mid-range jump shot. You're making him sound like Shaq or Dwight.
    And it is not Randolph's game to sit around 18 feet and knock down jumpers off pick and pops or dishouts from harden and Lin while they are driving to the paint. Yea Randolph would make our rebounding rate go up, but that's about all. His style will hurt Lin and harden game
    What? So you essentially want a PF who only shoots from 18 feet from the rim? I'm sorry, but I need more than that from my PF. I want a guy who can hit a mid-range shot when he's asked to, can pull some moves in the paint, can pound the glass on a regular basis, who can consistently make an easy basket and who can play decent defense on opposing bigs. Hell, based on your qualifications, the Rockets could just get Andrea Bargnani.
    A guy that's is EXACTLY what we need is named Kevin Love. Not Zach Randolph
    Yes, but do you honestly see Minnesota trading him anytime soon? Hell no. The only way the Rockets get him is if they either wait until he's a free agent or if he becomes disgruntled and demands a trade from Minnesota.
    We have 2 stretch 4 who have not been consistent. That's been the issue. If Patterson or Morris were not having these dead spots in their game then it would not be a problem. If Morris played more consistently like he did against cha, then we probably wouldn't be having this conversation, but he hasn't. So we are forced to find someone who can do it on a daily basis.
    Obviously. I'm not arguing this. But you're focusing way too much on the "stretch 4" aspect of it and not nearly enough on all the other areas of concern. Above all else, they need a PF who can rebound, get an easy basket and play solid defense on bigger guys. That's what this team is lacking, not stretch bigs who can hit outside shots.

Also, you really need to learn to multi-quote and limit your posts. There's absolutely zero reason to have four consecutive posts in a row in a non-game thread.

vCash
    My bad, didnt think it matterd if I had multiple quotes in a row. But my point is that watching the rockets play, and I've seen every game for the past 4 season, this year the midrange to 3 pt line has been wide open at least 65% of the time and its mostly the 4 position that has been left open to crash the paint due to the drive and kick of James harden and Jeremy Lin. Now I know that we not getting love, I know we're not getting bosh, everyone thinks I'm saying Randolph suck and we need only a stretch 4 like bargnani. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying love's style of play would fit great with our uptempo gameplay. Randolph's style of play dosent fit. Another guy that would be great with our team that is not Kevin Love is Lamarcus Aldridge. Even though he does not stretch to the 3pt line. He's young, knocks down the midrange jumper off pick and rolls and dishouts +40% of the time, plus he rebound and defends and has a great low post game. So I don't want everyone to get confused about what I'm saying. Zbo's age play style and contract will put us in a huge bind that would be hard to get out of in the future. You have to remember we have running guards and a sf in parson that also runs so adding a 4 that is not accustomed to running we would have to change our play style and soon change our personnel because its not a good fit. We're not playing nba 2k, this is real life and no team that Randolph has ever played on was a running uptempo team. He would of course improve our half court offense with his low post game because we could easily throw it into him and let him work, but so could Aldridge.
    Last edited by pa_superstar; 01-23-2013 at 10:24 AM.

vCash
    I'm glad that we aren't trading for Zach Randolph. He makes way too much money and is 31. Millsap is a much better option and fit. We can get Millsap for far cheaper (around 12 million per year) and we won't have to give up anything to get him. We can sign him as a free agent. Though if we traded for him I would not mind, especially if we could dump Morris and Patterson's salary in the deal.
    2014 PSD 7 RD NFL MOCK DRAFT
    TEXANS GM- WHITESOXGOD
    1st rd- Jadaveon Clowney, LB/DE, South Carolina
    1st rd (via trade)- Johnny Manziel, QB, TX A&M
    3rd rd- DaQuan Jones, NT, Penn State
    4th rd- Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    5th rd- Jon Halapio, OG, THE University of Florida
    5th rd (via trade)- Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
    6th rd- Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon

vCash
    I'm actually surprised that so many people were saying that Randolph would be a good trade. I can see disaster written all over that trade. Our guards run too much for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

Yes, but do you honestly see Minnesota trading him anytime soon? Hell no. The only way the Rockets get him is if they either wait until he's a free agent or if he becomes disgruntled and demands a trade from Minnesota.
    I would guess/bet that he is not in a Minnesota uniform by the time the 2013-14 season starts.

I think Indiana would be a likely destination but other than Granger and their own 1st rounder they do not have many piece's.

Personally I think Morey targets some premium players at the 4 with Love being the top of the list... if the price does not fall within whatever range he sees as being reasonable/doable(with our current assets) he goes to some back-burner trades and "prepares" the roster for an off-season free-agent acquisition by pulling in our future bench and eliminating some of our waste of space power forwards (we all know who they are). Perhaps even freeing a little more off-season roster space.
    Last edited by Crzycjunx76; 01-23-2013 at 01:38 PM.

vCash
    kevin love isnt a cosistent post player, he's a perimeter 4 as well IMO, albeit a more consistent perimeter 4.

at this point, and as crazy as it sounds since I for one was so opposed. go for dwight.

i didnt like dwight as the main focus. as a secondary option he's lethal.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    On my drive into Houston today, the guys on 790 were asking if trading Asik, Parson, Jones, Aldrich and 1st for Dwight if he signs an extension. They also brought up that a max deal for Dwight would be in the neighborhood of 5 years $120 million

vCash
    ^^^
    Then let Dwight sit until he's healthy,
    Sign some center to back up Greg smith
    tank rest of season
    Trade Patterson and Morris for 1st round draft pick
    Sign and Trade for cp3 with that pick and Lin and whoever else lac needs to make it work besides harden and Howard.
    Sign some fillers with talent. (Morey is good at that)
    start next season with healthy Dwight, harden, Paul and a defensive stopper and rebounder that shoots light out from anywhere on the court at sf or pf
    Fire mchale and sign phil jackson
    win championship...

Then I woke up. Lol
    Last edited by pa_superstar; 01-25-2013 at 01:39 AM.

vCash
    My idea of the order at PF that would be ideal...

1. LaMarcus Aldridge
    2. Kevin Love
    3. Josh Smith
    4. Paul Milsap

So that realistically means we go after a bitter Kevin Love in the off season but most likely Smith or Milsap... or BOTH! If those players are snatched up by other teams, I hate to say it... don't be surprised to see Granger or Gay in a Rockets uniform. CP3 and Dwight will NEVER happen...

Zach Randolph does not even come close... time to close this thread!

vCash
    if anything is consistent is that morey seems to hunt his prey, for years. so hash up some recent known interests and then go from there. everyone is well aware, and morey made no intent to hide his love for dwight howard. pipe dream probably, but this years rocket team is a much more desireable team to play for than last years. i havent heard portland shopping LA, josh smith to me isnt a post threat. milsap would make sense, but to think he's the piece that will put this team into championship contending status is a reach IMO. kevin love could make some sense with his ties to mchale, but personally i dont see him as a dominant post player. great basketball player, no doubt, but again another 3 point shooting PF is not high on my wish list.

zbo can score on the block, with ease. left handed mid range shot is silky. rebounds with the best of them. doesnt shoot 3's. me like. just 3 years on his deal, expires just around the time that everyone else expires on the team interstingly enough. two left handed guys in harden and zbo could create some matchup problems.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast