Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Z-Bo????

vCash
    It sounds like we arent making any trades at all this year so it's not even worth arguing about Zbo at this point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    It sounds like we arent making any trades at all this year so it's not even worth arguing about Zbo at this point
    Why's that? Morey is still our GM.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Z-Bo trade rumor is dead in the water.
    Last edited by AlexanderPearce; 01-21-2013 at 07:34 PM.

vCash
    Only moves I see are Cole and Douglas for small pieces or 2nd round pics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderPearce View Post
    Only moves I see are Cole and Douglas for small pieces or 2nd round pics.
    You see I'm completely fine with that. If we could swing a deal for picks or some help off the bench like an Aldrich-for-Barbosa swap or somehow steal Brooks from Brooklin or Mozgov from Denver, it would be really nice. No need for a big trade right now.

vCash
    We should also be in the talks for Bledsoe, I doubt this is gonna happen but Lin is pissing me off.

vCash
    Looks like there is no Z Bo coming our way.

vCash
    this thread should be close because Z-Bo aint going to Houston this season

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/trade-130122

Memphis just got under the cap after this deal.
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

vCash
    As much as I would like to see him in a Rockets jersey, the Grizzlies won't part with their two-headed monster frontcourt, especially not since they got under the luxury tax with that deal today. If Memphis was going to deal someone, it would have been Rudy Gay, because Hollinger hates him and he's an inefficient, overpaid chucker. Randolph, meanwhile, is one of the best offensive bigs in the NBA and one of the best rebounders, which makes him extremely valuable regardless of his age and contract.

As for the guy who said Motiejunas and Jones have more potential than Randolph and claim he isn't a top 10 PF, what drugs do you have? And do you live in the area so that I might borrow some? He's arguably a top 5 PF in this league when healthy (only Love, Dirk, Bosh and Griffin are unquestionably better) and neither D-Mo or Jones have started an NBA game yet.

vCash
    I may put ZBo ahead of Bosh.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    I may put ZBo ahead of Bosh.
    I suppose it depends a bit on what you're looking for, but I would argue that there's not a great argument for Randolph ahead of Bosh. Is he a better low post scorer and rebounder? Yes, but that's solely because of his physical brute strength. Bosh is the superior defender and is a far more versatile and efficient offensive player. If you put him on almost any other team in the NBA, he'd be averaging 20/10.

vCash
    Hard to say that. He's been on total crap teams where he was the only option and a team with 2 superstars where he is the number 3 option.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Before the thread is closed, I just want to say that I listened to Craig Ackerman and Jason Friedman on rocketscast live yesterday and they said it best. Randolph dosent make us a contender. Yea it makes us immediately better, but also compromises our future. Both Harden and Lin operate more effectively in the paint, and adding zbo with asik will only make that situation more complicated. Morey is looking for a stretch 4 that can also defend and rebound at a consistent rate, and zbo dosent give us that cause he a power 4. So I'm kind of glad that this deal is possibly dead. Although I do want to see a move made at the 4 position, but just for someone younger and more skilled/athletic than zbo.

vCash
    We have like 4 stretch 4 players. We need a guy who can score from the post, a guy like Randolph is EXACTLY what we need, IMO. And what do you mean when you say Randolph doesn't rebound at a consistent rate?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Hard to say that. He's been on total crap teams where he was the only option and a team with 2 superstars where he is the number 3 option.
    But you have to consider the 2 superstars he's behind are names lebron and d wade. I'll put bosh on this current rockets team before zbo and instantly he and harden will most likely dominate. Bosh can score in the post, rebound at a consistent level and stretch out the the 3 pt line, he's exactly the type of player that Morey is looking for.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast