Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    a healthy Darrelle IS in fantasy land
    Not true it's just been this one injury. He's worth the money to the jets just not a ridiculous amount of money.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Not true it's just been this one injury. He's worth the money to the jets just not a ridiculous amount of money.
    I agree, what I meant is when hes healthy and on the field his level of play backs that up. idk, I guess itll come down to where hes at pre-season.
    **** justin verlander and **** colin hanks for kind of looking like him.

vCash
    I agree, what I meant is when hes healthy and on the field his level of play backs that up. idk, I guess itll come down to where hes at pre-season.
    Yea, theres just too many variables in the situation. I'll remain optimistic the jets will keep both but who knows.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Lol no you don't, thats a direct contradiction

You realize you're just creating another need right? and what money? Revis counts less against the cap than Harris, Sanchez, Cromartie, Brick, Mangold, Pace and Holmes. and on whom are you spending this money on instead

I'm not sure what the hell you mean by "more". Do you think you're getting a better player in return than Revis? Unproven draft picks? Not to mention the knee injury hurts any trade valu

Scott and Pace are the budget cuts. There aren't even any free agents to blow money on and given the thin class guys are going to be overpaid as it is.

Revis & Cromartie at CB is the Jets competitive advantage.
    You don't think Revis will sit out camp before he gets a new contract?
    Last edited by tonyroos; 01-21-2013 at 09:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyroos View Post
    I don't think it's in his best interest to sit out. Coming after injury he needs the trainers and the facility to continue rehab. Highly doubt he holds out, I think he comes in wanting a contract but we already know that.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    I don't think it's in his best interest to sit out. Coming after injury he needs the trainers and the facility to continue rehab. Highly doubt he holds out, I think he comes in wanting a contract but we already know that.
    True. I just hope a good deal can be worked out by both parties and he wants to play for the Jets.

vCash
    Not in this situation.
    Not coming off of injury, he has to prove that he's in good game condition before he can ask for anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Not in this situation.
    Not coming off of injury, he has to prove that he's in good game condition before he can ask for anything.
    Exactly, and even thinking of trading Cro is a bad idea. I understand that this injury is a common comeback, but you never know. And to me it seems stupid to trade away a sure thing!

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Revis cannot sit out. If Revis sits out, the Jets will exercise the clause in his contract that prevents it, and extend him for 3 years at $3MM per year. And there's nothing he can do about it.

Still think he'll sit out?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Revis should be the highest paid defender in the game period. He changes the game and is a future hall of famer. He only needs to prove he is back which can be proven during the first half of the season. If we don't sign him to a huge contract at that point then he will walk as a FA. We can not franchise tag him which was a stupid move by Tanny. Therefore the Jets have no leverage whatsoever. It is up to Revis how long he lets the Jets "kick the tires" before the wants to get paid. At that point he is auditioning for the rest of the league and if he is 100% then he will be the NFL's version of the Lebron tour. Revis is in control in this hole thing as long as he plays and does not sit out violating is UFA status next offseason.

vCash
    If the Jets trade Cro, I would wait until draft day to do it. This way, the Jets can see if a top prospect falls in the draft, and Cro could be used to get this prospect and another pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    If the Jets trade Cro, I would wait until draft day to do it. This way, the Jets can see if a top prospect falls in the draft, and Cro could be used to get this prospect and another pick.
    Trading a sure thing pro bowl CB in his prime for an unknown prospect and draft pick? No thanks

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Trading a sure thing pro bowl CB in his prime for an unknown prospect and draft pick? No thanks
    I don't think the Jets are going to keep him and Revis because of how much money the 2 make. There is too much money tied up in corners right now. If the Jets add a pass rusher at #9, then needing 2 top corners is no longer necessary. The Jets have so many holes on the team that trading Cro could net the team multiple picks along with providing cap relief.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Revis cannot sit out. If Revis sits out, the Jets will exercise the clause in his contract that prevents it, and extend him for 3 years at $3MM per year. And there's nothing he can do about it.

Still think he'll sit out?
    Tanny had his faults as GM, but damn if he didn't seem to have an backup plan to keep Revis showing up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Tanny had his faults as GM, but damn if he didn't seem to have an backup plan to keep Revis showing up.
    Yes he did. When you front load a contract the way they did with Revis, there has to be a contingency in place. Revis has already set the precedent that he'll hold out when he's not happy.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast