Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    And who says we can't keep both? Cro is playing for a decent price and from what I understand Revis is too... Revis should sign cheaper due to injury. I think it's possible to retain both, and it would be stupid for the jets to trade Cro. We need this defense to stay intact with the uncertainty of the offense.
    Obviously you haven't been watching Revis and his contract talks. The dude is the best corner and wants to get paid like one. I doubt he takes the team discount.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyroos View Post
    Obviously you haven't been watching Revis and his contract talks. The dude is the best corner and wants to get paid like one. I doubt he takes the team discount.
    And who says we can't pay him like one? The defense has been great while paying big money to guys like Scott and Pace. Thats where you cut the money.

We're already paying Revis the most money. We can also still pay him the most money without taking a 15m cap hit.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    And who says we can't pay him like one? The defense has been great while paying big money to guys like Scott and Pace. Thats where you cut the money.

We're already paying Revis the most money. We can also still pay him the most money without taking a 15m cap hit.
    Look I want Revis on my team. But we have more glaring needs to spend the money on. Plus he will get more for us in a trade so we can re-build faster.

vCash
    Trying to bash Cro after the season he just had?

Fail!

vCash
    No way we trade Cro. In today's NFL, corners are a lot more valuable. His contract is a bargain and pay Revis to keep him too. All we need is a Lb that can cover the TE and we shut down the passing game. Those two corners are our foundation to rebuild on.

vCash
    Agreed with tonyroos. Take a hit this year on the Roster and sign Revis letting Keller and others walk. Build through the draft and use Sanchez and Holmes cap relief next season to pay Revis a roster bonus to ease his cap figure down the road. I am happy if we don't sign a big time free agent for the next 3 season as long as we keep Revis and Cro.

vCash
    Look I want Revis on my team.
    Lol no you don't, thats a direct contradiction
    But we have more glaring needs to spend the money on.
    You realize you're just creating another need right? and what money? Revis counts less against the cap than Harris, Sanchez, Cromartie, Brick, Mangold, Pace and Holmes. and on whom are you spending this money on instead?
    Plus he will get more for us in a trade so we can re-build faster.
    I'm not sure what the hell you mean by "more". Do you think you're getting a better player in return than Revis? Unproven draft picks? Not to mention the knee injury hurts any trade value.

Scott and Pace are the budget cuts. There aren't even any free agents to blow money on and given the thin class guys are going to be overpaid as it is.

Revis & Cromartie at CB is the Jets competitive advantage.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    And who says we can't keep both? Cro is playing for a decent price and from what I understand Revis is too... Revis should sign cheaper due to injury. I think it's possible to retain both, and it would be stupid for the jets to trade Cro. We need this defense to stay intact with the uncertainty of the offense.
    For 1 more year, they are. Revis won't sign for less right now because of his injury.

Whether of not Revis is re-signed in the off season will have a lot to do with his willingness to honor his current deasl and sign an extension.

From what I've heard though, he's not interested in that...at least pre-injury. Last I heard, he was expecting to have the Jets tear up his deal and pay him up front like they did last time.

With the team's current cap issues, that is just not a possibility, and wasn't last year.

If the Jets can't extend Revis, I expect them to shop him, but ultimately keep him at least until the trading deadline when he's proven his health. Then they'll either extend him mid-season, or trade him for the best deal they can get...unless they're contending, then they might just keep him and roll the dice in the offseason.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Obviously you fail to realize who holds the bargaining chips, the jets have all the leverage here. If he wants a deal this year it will be at our price due to the fact that he came off a knee injury. If he plays well this year at an elite level he gets paid like one, but if he's not the same lock down revis he won't command that big contract. So my guess is the jets hold on to both this year and see how darelle holds up. I think we keep both, but hey who knows!
    Last edited by scopepts; 01-21-2013 at 12:20 AM.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Obviously you fail to realize who holds the bargaining chips, the jets have all the leverage here. If he wants a deal this year it will be at our price due to the fact that he came off a knee injury. If he plays well this year at an elite level he gets paid like one, but if he's not the same lock down revis he won't command that big contract. So my guess is the jets hold on to both this year and see how darelle holds up. I think we keep both, but hey who knows!
    IDK, this is kind of a blink first scenario since the Jets can't franchise tag him after the season. Perfect! Because we know how these two parties have handled this **** before. I'd like to see both sides demands first before up and trading him.
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    IDK, this is kind of a blink first scenario since the Jets can't franchise tag him after the season. Perfect! Because we know how these two parties have handled this **** before. I'd like to see both sides demands first before up and trading him.
    True, but were in a better situation then most teams. Believe me when I say I want Darelle a jet forever. But if things go sour we have two pro bowl CBs. And at the end of the day if Revis wants a huge contract before he proves he can play at the same level, we play him until the trading deadline and ship him off if negotiations get out of hand. Sorry to say it but namdi won't be making that crazy money anymore and top corners are going in the 8-10 range. Take the modest contract or go, that's my take.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    True, but were in a better situation then most teams. Believe me when I say I want Darelle a jet forever. But if things go sour we have two pro bowl CBs. And at the end of the day if Revis wants a huge contract before he proves he can play at the same level, we play him until the trading deadline and ship him off if negotiations get out of hand. Sorry to say it but namdi won't be making that crazy money anymore and top corners are going in the 8-10 range. Take the modest contract or go, that's my take.
    that means there could still be some middle ground somewhere. would he get a 100m contract after a healthy season? could we rip up his contract and offer him 2/30, taking away the holdout/franchise tag poison pills?
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    that means there could still be some middle ground somewhere. would he get a 100m contract after a healthy season? could we rip up his contract and offer him 2/30, taking away the holdout/franchise tag poison pills?
    Well of course there's middle ground, it's called look what the top guys are making. And it's average 8-10 so we can easily offer a 4 year back loaded deal when our cap is better. And if it doesn't work out we can opt out. It's just the fact that darelle could be stuck in fairy tail land, and that doesn't make sense to us.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Revis being a Jet forever isn't on the Jets, it's on Revis.

He's going to HAVE to take a discount to be on the Jets, other teams will offer him more.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Well of course there's middle ground, it's called look what the top guys are making. And it's average 8-10 so we can easily offer a 4 year back loaded deal when our cap is better. And if it doesn't work out we can opt out. It's just the fact that darelle could be stuck in fairy tail land, and that doesn't make sense to us.
    a healthy Darrelle IS in fantasy land
    #hatersgonnahate

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast