Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Loved Cro this year, but.......

I think Cromartie was one of the few bright spots on the team this year, he took his play to another level, and i think for the most part, the loss of Revis seemed like not that big a blow, largely because of his play. That, and also the play of our safeties (god, am i gonna miss Landry!!).
    But the last few yrs he has been decent, but not this good. And to hear it come out of his mouth, that this year he prepared more, took it more seriously, accepted more of a leadership role, etc, made me livid. It's not like he was a 2 million dollar player. He's making big bucks!! And he just now starts taking it to that level? Makes me wonder if we will get our moneys' worth next yr.
    I just found this forum recently, and love it!!! I think it will be wonderful therapy for me as a Jets fan!!

vCash
    I would actually be ok with trading cromartie this year for a player or picks frees up some cap space too
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    I don't see why our org would trade Cro. He proved he is a top 5 corner getting paid like a top 10 corner. It's not like he has Champ Bailey money. Another thing, why would we trade away a strength of our team for the uncertainty of a draft pick? I like Cro and he seems to be getting tougher and stronger and not at the expense of his speed. If we trade him so be it, but I would be surprised.

vCash
    10 mill a year is not a top 10 money.. That is top 5 money.. You could get a serviceable corner for less then 10 mil a year
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    I am not sure about the upcoming season, what with free agency and what-not, but last year his salary was 8.25 million and he ranked 8th of the top ten highest paid cb in the NFL. And IMO he earned every penny, he played as good as any corner last year, maybe the best. He essentially took over Revis island. Had he worn a 24 Revis jersey, we could've sworn it was Darrelle.

vCash
    Cromartie stepped up big time in the absence of Revis. I don't think you can turn that into a negative. He earned his money big time this season.

He came out and said I'm the best CB in the league now that Revis is out, and there are a lot of guys that could own that title, but he backed up what he said. And he accepted a leadership role because of the injury.

He said he prepared more and tried harder, not that he never prepared or never tried. Not like he's Carlos Beltran. “I’m telling you this: when I come back, I will be stronger than ever because of the way I work every single day. You don’t work like that when you’re playing baseball.”

vCash
    Cromartie has been playing at this level since joining the Jets, no one noticed because he was overshadowed by Revis.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Cromartie has been playing at this level since joining the Jets, no one noticed because he was overshadowed by Revis.
    The big thing is tho he didn't have many of those break downs that he can be prone too.

vCash
    Prime trade candidate, looking for a late first and possibly extras. Plenty of teams could use a CB of his caliber, which is a great help in this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    10 mill a year is not a top 10 money.. That is top 5 money.. You could get a serviceable corner for less then 10 mil a year
    Cromartie has been up there with the elite CBs in the league for about a year and half now.

vCash
    With the uncertainty of revis cro better not go anywhere

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    I agree scopepts he needs to be here with Revis coming off his injury. With that being said if the jets go to trade Cro and get anything less than a mid round pick in the first I will be furious. We don't have a serviceable number 2 corner if either of our starters leave the team.

vCash
    he's getting paid to play like he did. in all honesty, our front 7 has been so poor that we need corners that can cover, just to hope we can get pressure on the QB. i think it's a very silly idea to trade Revis or Cro.
    twitter.com/heymangold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    With the uncertainty of revis cro better not go anywhere
    Is Revis really that uncertain?

vCash
    I just hope that when revis is back, assuming neither gets traded he keeps it up. with the two of them playing at the levels they are capable of, they can make the transitions with our new lb's and safeties so much easier.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast