Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Ellis and Henson (potentially Beno, Udoh and/or Harris too) for two expiring guys? That's a bold strategy there. Also, depending on who we are losing, I'm not sure that really makes us a significantly better team.

vCash
    I still like the old Ersan rumor to the Nets that Woelfel mentioned to Sparky a few times on 1250 WSSP. They both said Marshon or forget it. Then my idea is get the Cavs into the deal as the third team. Since the Cavs are always under the cap and usually a dumping ground to take players and picks. So we send out Ersan and we get Marshon Brooks and expiring contract in Luke Walton from Cavs. Cavs receive Humphries. Nets can throw in future second or future first to the Cavs.

Then after that send Ellis to Jazz for Millsap.

Jennings,Brooks,Moute,Millsap,Sanders

vCash
    I wouldn't mind Milsap. I think it makes us a little tougher down low.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBuck View Post
    I would extend Ellis this offseason and try to draft Archie Goodwin from Kentucky. He has a bit of Tyreke Evans to him with his lack of an outside shot but he is another guy like Iman Shumpert who can really take over on defense and run the floor. I'm guessing he goes top 15 if (when) he enters the draft this year.
    No thank you to either of these.

Signing Monta long term would set us back almost as bad as the Ersan signing.

Jamaal Franklin is the guy we need (who will be there).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Why would we waste our time with Millsap? The dude wants to get paid probably, and we aren't going to pay him, that's for sure. Furthermore even IF we sign him LT he will do nothing but impede the growth of Sanders and Henson (just as he's doing to Favors right now).

Horrible horrible idea, rather sign Monta LT so we have a true SG rather than 5 power forwards.
    And your idea of a true shooting guard is Monta Ellis? Yeah, no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by thrice4 View Post
    Millsap can play SF man
    Is this sarcasm? I hope so.

vCash
    ilsap has played the 3 alot in utah, but everything else u say i really agree with^
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    According to the same report, quite a few teams are interested in acquiring the services of Utah’s Paul Millsap:

Brooklyn, Milwaukee and Denver are among the teams that might make a play for Utah forward Paul Millsap at the deadline. Millsap’s contract expires at season’s end. Most teams interested in obtaining Millsap, however, would do so with the intent of offering him an immediate extension.

It has been rumored for a while that either Paul Millsap or Al Jefferson will quite likely be traded before the deadline, as both will be free agents this summer. Since Millsap is generally quite popular in Utah, Jefferson has been the target of most rumors, but it seems as though the list of teams inquiring about Millsap is getting longer.

All the 3 teams that are mentioned above have lucrative pieces to offer in return for Millsap, but would have to convince him to make a long term commitment before pulling the trigger.

It has been rumored for a while that the Bucks would like to split up the backcourt and deal either Monta Ellis or Brandon Jennings, making a swap a possibility. The Denver Nuggets could offer the Jazz Danilo Gallinari’s contract or a combination of team’s lesser contracts. Brooklyn Nets would probably have the toughest time trying to pull off a deal for Millsap, as most of the Nets’ players are signed to long-term contracts, none of which are particularly attractive.

http://kingjamesgospel.com/2013/01/2...ers-utah-jazz/

vCash
    I would cry tears of joy if we traded Ellis for Millsap. Hell I would cry tears of joy if we traded Ellis for a pile of peanut shells left under a seat after a game.
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

Ive got a twitter! @WiteJamesHarden
    I follow back!

vCash
    Hard to see us get Mayo back from the Mavs unless we take back a bad contract in Matrix.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewboy288 View Post
    I would cry tears of joy if we traded Ellis for Millsap. Hell I would cry tears of joy if we traded Ellis for a pile of peanut shells left under a seat after a game.
    Our team would tank incredibly hard if we traded Ellis for any position other than shooting guard. Ellis is a top 7 shooting guard in the league and you want to replace him with another power forward. Put Millsap in at SF and we have another Tobias Harris on defense. Luol Deng would look like Lebron against our team just running right around Millsap. Right now were a young team that is growing why mess that up with Millsap commanding more minutes.

The best deadline trade we could make is a 3 way deal where we send Dalembert back to Philly and get Gallinari or one of the other Nuggets SF's. Gallinari would fit in great with Jennings, Ellis, Ilyasova/Henson, and Sanders.

In all honesty Ellis is not the prototype shooting guard but good luck finding one available in the NBA right now. We can always trade Ellis down the line because of this lack of shooting guards. Look at what happened with Joe Johnson this past year, and his deal was more insane than what Ellis is going to get offered. Trading Ellis for Millsap would be our worst trade since the Dirk-Tractor trade.
    Young Guns

vCash
    League lacks quality SG's. Better off drafting one or trade for one on a rookie deal that hasn't been used yet like Thunders Lamb. Especially if they resign Martin long term.

vCash
    Tony Allen
    Paul George
    Eric Gordon
    Manu Ginobli
    Andre Iguadala
    Joe Johnson
    James Harden
    Dwayne Wade
    Kobe Bryant

Demar Derozan
    OJ Mayo
    Bradley Beal
    Wes Mathews
    Arron Afflalo
    Klay Thompson
    Tyreke Evans
    Ray Allen

All guys I would take over Monta Ellis. Period.

vCash
    Thats literally off the top of my head. I could go on with younger guys as well who havent reached their ceiling yet.

E.G. Jeremy Lamb

I would disagree that there is a lack of "quality" shooting guards in the NBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    Tony Allen
    Paul George
    Eric Gordon
    Manu Ginobli
    Andre Iguadala
    Joe Johnson
    James Harden
    Dwayne Wade
    Kobe Bryant

Demar Derozan
    OJ Mayo
    Bradley Beal
    Wes Mathews
    Arron Afflalo
    Klay Thompson
    Tyreke Evans
    Ray Allen

All guys I would take over Monta Ellis. Period.
    Joe Johnson has like the worst contract in the league next to uninsured Amar'e Stoudemire. Allen is washed up. He's nothing more then a spot up 3 point shooter and turnstile for lack of D. Evans is up and down. DeRozan would of been nice back on his rookie deal. Not now. But he would spark up Jennings. But then with that deal added and Jennings soon to be extension. We would have to find a sucker for Gooden and most likely trim off Ersan deal.

Cause Sanders will need a new deal after Jennings. Then 3-4 seasons down the road Henson will be ready for big chunk of change. Wade is nice but a lot of miles on those tires. Kobe over paid but nice but a lot of miles. Iggy is more of a sf really. He can play sg. But he's a slasher and rebounder and defender. His points come from slashing and getting to the line. Also paid like $15M? Harden is off limits now. Should of traded for him when we had the chance. But Rockets had the Raptors lottery pick.

That be hard to top. Haven't heard much about Gordon since the old rumor of him not happy or injured or faking a injury. Haven't paid much attention to Beal this season. So its down to Mayo,Afflalo,Matthews as reasonable for trades to be had. Rest are untouchable or old or over paid or whatever. Just read that Meeks is now out of the coaches rotations now. Not sure what we would offer for him though. Daniels? We might have a trade exemption yet from the Bogut,Jackson trade. They last up until a year from the initial trade.

vCash
    I was merely stating better options at the 2 then Monta. No regards for contract status or tradability. Just a list.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast