Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Lightbulb Bucks,Nets,Nuggets interested in Millsap

Brooklyn, Milwaukee and Denver are among the teams that might make a play for Utah forward Paul Millsap at the deadline. Millsap's contract expires at season's end. Most teams interested in obtaining Millsap, however, would do so with the intent of offering him an immediate extension.
    http://www.foxsportsohio.com/01/20/1...99&feedID=8888

Curious what the Jazz would want in return for Millsap? Ellis for Millsap and unhappy camper in Bell?

vCash
    Its intriguing, but it makes the logjam at the 4 and 5 positions that much worse. I'm not opposed to trading for a big guy, but we ultimately have a bigger need at the 2 and 3 if we are trading Ellis.

vCash
    If we landed Millsap I could see us playing some small ball with two pf's. Then following up with another trade to unload some bigs like Dalembert and Udoh.

vCash
    The more I think about it, I'm not sure I like the trade of Ellis for Milsap unless we have a couple other trades in the works. Mainly because the hole we create at shooting gaurd would not be offset by the improvement at power forward Milsap brings.

I understand the dis-like for the way Ellis plays. The problem is, we don't have anyone else worthy of starting and playing significant minutes at shooting guard. I like Dunleavy in his role, but I don't mind him getting some minutes at small forward too, and we'd be in trouble if we had Dunleavy start at shooting guard and had to chase around a bunch of the shooting guards every night.

vCash
    Well I figured Hammond would follow up with another smaller trade of us landing a sg. But I could see us using Beno a lot as well. Heck back in the day Skiles had a three pg line up for a bit in some games back when we had Boykins,Dooling. Plus seems like Beno and Dunleavy backcourt always seems to get the flow of the game going better getting Henson and Sanders involved more.

While Jennings and Ellis busy looking for their own shots. Also Dunleavy is the three point shooter I rather see out there instead of Ellis chucking threes at 20%. Figure addition by subtraction. Yeah Harris been Skiles towel boy end of bench. Wouldn't mind him start chuck up nice efficient shots as well. Bad enough were seeing more of Moute chucking 3's as well with Boylan here now. Yeah with no other big name coming back other then Millsap there could be a lot of pressure back on Jennings shoulders. But ya figure Jennings was use to it with injured Bogut not playing and Jackson in Skiles doghouse not playing.

vCash
    One of the biggest problems I see in the nba in general right now is that for some reason we lack many quality shooting guards these days. You have your Wade and Kobe at the top of their game. Harden has been very, very good this year, but other than that, the true shooting guards aren't really out there. Pretty much everyone else there seems to be the tweener guards. We haven't seen too great of true shooting guards came out of college lately either, so they are kind of a tough commodity to come by.

I like Beno and Dunleavy playing together in spurts as well, but I really don't want to rely on those two to be our primary shooting guards, especially if Tobias gets more minutes. I know Ellis isn't historically a great defender, but he's been pretty solid this year. If we trade him for a big without getting a different shooting guard, you can expect a lot of Daniels, which I don't think anyone wants to see.

vCash
    Well Millsap would be a beast in the front lines. Just need another trade for the back court.

vCash
    Terrible idea to trade Ellis for Millsap. Ellis is the best shooting guard that is even "possibly" on the trade block in the NBA. It makes no sense to trade him for an undersized power forward, a position we are currently loaded at. The only position we will trade Ellis for is Small Forward or a younger Shooting Guard. PG, PF, and Center are fine as it is. A more likely trade scenario for Millsap would be a young big from us like Udoh and maybe Tobias Harris or Udrih.

If we trade Ellis we lose our best trade chip on our team other than Jennings who isn't going anywhere.
    Young Guns

vCash
    I would extend Ellis this offseason and try to draft Archie Goodwin from Kentucky. He has a bit of Tyreke Evans to him with his lack of an outside shot but he is another guy like Iman Shumpert who can really take over on defense and run the floor. I'm guessing he goes top 15 if (when) he enters the draft this year.
    Young Guns

vCash
    why dont we do a 3 way w nets n jazz? send nj ilyasova get brooks n millsap back? also have to give utah someone maybe they'd take udoh n expiring dalembert plus 2nd from nj?
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    The Jazz have Jefferson and Kanter already I doubt they would be interested in Udoh and Dalembert. THey are going to reup Jefferson after this season.
    Young Guns

vCash
    I would be very excited about Millsap if he did sign an extension with the bucks. Hopefully the would take Monta plus others for him. He would instantly become our best player. Josh Smith was also talked about and he would be amazing in Milwaukee. He did say there's nothing to do here but he doesn't have to live here in the off-season.

vCash
    Why would we waste our time with Millsap? The dude wants to get paid probably, and we aren't going to pay him, that's for sure. Furthermore even IF we sign him LT he will do nothing but impede the growth of Sanders and Henson (just as he's doing to Favors right now).

Horrible horrible idea, rather sign Monta LT so we have a true SG rather than 5 power forwards.

vCash
    Millsap can play SF man

vCash
    Would be nice to acquire Millsap and Mayo at the deadline. Definitely possible.

PG Jennings
    SG Mayo
    SF Moute/Dunleavy/Millsap
    PF Millsap/Ilyasova
    C Sanders
    [Center]FEAR THE DEAR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast