Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

john lueur, the guy we let go for nothing, turned into 3 players and a first round draft pick from memphis.

vCash
    Dude, it was so they stayed under the luxury cap.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Yeah it had nothing to do with Memphis wanting Leuer who has played in 9 games and only averaged 10.1 MPG in those games. It had everything to do with Memphis wanting to clear cap space, Cleveland having cap space, and Memphis being willing to kick in a 1st round pick and some useful/semi-useful players in exchange for Cleveland taking those players salaries.

Memphis gets to avoid breaking up their starting lineup and Cleveland gets a pick ... everything else Cleveland gets is bench filler, though Selby does have some potential.

vCash
    With Varejao out I imagine Speights will be getting a decent run.

vCash
    I like the idea of keeping Morris or Patterson as the first big off the bench, but trading the other guy for a draft pick or other young prospects. We're all a bit frustrated with McHale's refusal to play Motiejunas and Jones, and it's gotten to the point where I feel like he has no excuse not to. What are they waiting for? It's pretty clear at this point that neither Morris or Patterson is likely a starting caliber 4 on a playoff squad, and meanwhile they have two highly touted young players at the same position chomping at the bit to get a chance. Wasn't D-Mo Morey's guy? And if it's true that McHale refuses to play rookies, what's his excuse for Parsons and Beverly?

Bottom line, Patterson isn't suddenly going to start rebounding and Morris isn't suddenly become more consistent offensively. Morey should deal at least one of them prior to the All-Star break and even if they don't get dealt, McHale needs to have a more open mind about who gets playing time on this young team.

vCash
    Also, if the Rockets trade for Michael Beasley, there's a good chance you won't see me post here anymore because I will likely have shot myself in the face.

vCash
    So there's a new story about bringing the Dwightmare to Houston and what we'd have to give up to do it.

Question is... would it be possible to somehow retain Asik and move him to the 4? Giving up the army of unused forwards, and possibly Parsons to sweeten the pot would give us a pretty nice looking front court.

vCash
    There would be zero chance of keeping Asik and getting Dwightmare. He's turning himself into a joke anyways.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Not only the Power Forward posistion,but the Small Forward posistion is worst. Patterson and Parsons are both TOO SOFT to be bonafide NBA STARTERS at their posistions. The Rockets want Patterson to be a STRETCH 4 MAN like David Lee in GS but Lee hits his jump shots and gets more than 1 rebound in a game! Parsons is a complete joke-a turnover machine and shot blockers around the league look forward to Parsons serving up 1 of those feminine finger rolls on a platter every time he drives down the lane!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    There would be zero chance of keeping Asik and getting Dwightmare. He's turning himself into a joke anyways.
    And probably it would take Parsons too. It doesn't really make sense trading for him too, as it seems probable he will become a FA next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemomo View Post
    Not only the Power Forward posistion,but the Small Forward posistion is worst. Patterson and Parsons are both TOO SOFT to be bonafide NBA STARTERS at their posistions. The Rockets want Patterson to be a STRETCH 4 MAN like David Lee in GS but Lee hits his jump shots and gets more than 1 rebound in a game! Parsons is a complete joke-a turnover machine and shot blockers around the league look forward to Parsons serving up 1 of those feminine finger rolls on a platter every time he drives down the lane!
    Great post!
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12