Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Harden in his last 3 games = 20ppg on 29% shooting.
    Harden in tonights game = 5-19 shooting.

Are teams starting to figure out Harden or is he just in a slump?

vCash
    They've had their 5th back to back and 2nd 4 in 5 on the road in January, and McHale is basically running them into the ground.

This month Harden, Lin and Parsons are averaging over 35 minutes with Harden averaging 39 minutes.

Run the fastest pace in the NBA, play them 35-40 minutes on back to backs while traveling on the road with an 8 man rotation and you end up seeing missed lay ups, FT's and 3 point shots. Just take a look at the scheduling and the declining shooting percentages from everywhere on the floor from the arc to the FT line.

And that's not even bringing in his bizarre in game substitutions.

Tonight he ran a 4 guard, 1 SF line up in the 4th quarter.... no joke. No PF OR Center.

And Last night he decided to have Carlos Delfino (SG) play the 4 spot. Seriously... he had Delfino guarding Paul George.

vCash
    Coming from a Rockets Fan

Let me say Chandler Parsons is Overrated!!! Most Rockets fan act like he's gonna be a all-star next year or the year after, when to be honestly he was a much better player last year, he don't get put back dunks anymore, his defense has regressed, and has a vary inconsistent shot.. I thought he would have hit the weight room and gotten stronger this year, but he looks like a softy out there IMO..

He's not the only problem though, Kevin Mchale is not the right coach for this team.. hes really not a good coach at all, I was kinda upset when I first heard of his hiring... we have no PF's, there soft.. I would trade Asik for the right player (Howard,Cousins) Lin would be a allstar if he could hit his 3 pointers, which he doesn't and Harden might be in a slump from putting the team on his back every night

Were the youngerst team in the league so I can't expect greatness, but I mention putting Parsons in a trade, for a near allstar, if not allstar player and get flamed for it.. just cuz of his contract, smh.. those number won't look that way forever, and i know there's a good chance we overpay him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    Harden in his last 3 games = 20ppg on 29% shooting.
    Harden in tonights game = 5-19 shooting.

Are teams starting to figure out Harden or is he just in a slump?
    Harden is just in a slump. Had one earlier this year too but he is not the problem although he says he is.

The problem with the Rockets right now is that either they are just tired or other teams have figured out how to stop them. We are not seeing the same team that was putting up 120 a game most nights. McHales rotations are pretty bad but they were working when we were dominating teams like the Bulls, Grizzlies and Knicks. When the Rockets are not getting transition baskets basically all game, they are very mediocre. Teams seem to have figured out how to slow the tempo of the game down. Their half court offense is terrible and their transition defense hasnt got any better.

Also they lead the league in turnovers which you knew would come back to bite them at some point and when Omer Asik is not on the floor they are an AWFUL rebounding team.

As much as I want this team to sneak into the playoffs with a 7 or 8 seed, I just dont see it happening unless Morey makes another move near the deadline. Im thinking this could be a 4th year in a row where the Rockets finish with the best record that doesnt make the playoffs. YAY.

vCash
    I'm afraid they are in a deep reality check. Kind of like when all the LA Lakers had was Kobe going off for 40 points a night and they were losing. I know Harden is slipping with his production but as soon as you get him a BIG brother to help on the inside, Houston will have a problem
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    I wish Demarcus went to the Rockets.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Demarcus is good but would you upset that chemistry ? Harden needs a big bro but not one that will bite his head off
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    Harden is forcing it, plain and simple. I've watched all their gms. and no one is getting the ball after Harden touches it. He went from an efficient player, to efficient stats but selfish-like play. And it's not him trying to be selfish I just think no one has the you know what on that team to point it out. Other than Mchale. What I'm seeing is Lin is not a leader, Harden is too Superman-ish, it's like he's trying to be Kobe. Parsons is quiet, Asik is ok. There are no balls on that team. Someone to step in and just take over. That person should have been Jeremy Lin but he doesn't want it enough, so it's Harden and when he struggles that's it.

This is why I said so many times Parsons is not a hold up in any deal. For Cousins, For Josh Smith, for even Dwight Howard, there is no hold up nor should be. If your name ain't Harden, Asik or Lin, nothing makes you untradeable.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    They need a dog. They need someone to shake it up. Josh Smith hates losing and lackluster play, that's why either he or Cousins should end up being traded for. @Chronz I know you reading somewhere here, but tell me you don't see it? complacent play, wondering what is going wrong, who's the dog on this team? They need one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BenFrank View Post
    Coming from a Rockets Fan

Let me say Chandler Parsons is Overrated!!! Most Rockets fan act like he's gonna be a all-star next year or the year after, when to be honestly he was a much better player last year, he don't get put back dunks anymore, his defense has regressed, and has a vary inconsistent shot.. I thought he would have hit the weight room and gotten stronger this year, but he looks like a softy out there IMO..

He's not the only problem though, Kevin Mchale is not the right coach for this team.. hes really not a good coach at all, I was kinda upset when I first heard of his hiring... we have no PF's, there soft.. I would trade Asik for the right player (Howard,Cousins) Lin would be a allstar if he could hit his 3 pointers, which he doesn't and Harden might be in a slump from putting the team on his back every night

Were the youngerst team in the league so I can't expect greatness, but I mention putting Parsons in a trade, for a near allstar, if not allstar player and get flamed for it.. just cuz of his contract, smh.. those number won't look that way forever, and i know there's a good chance we overpay him
    Nobody in the Rockets forum thinks Parsons is going to be an all-star. But he can definitely be a 3rd or 4th option on a championship caliber team. He is averaging 15 points and 6 rebounds a game in just his second year which is huge improvement from what he did last year. And he is shooting 36% from 3s and 47% overall, which isnt bad. Also, i still think he is a great defender. When he guarded Kobe a while back (which I think was our last win before this pathetic losing streak) he shut Kobe down from start to finish and Kobe had 20 points on like 23 shots. THats impressive.

That being said, if we were going to trade for a legit second option (Millsap Cousins or Smith) I do think he would have to be included. I would be okay with this if Morey got an extension from one of those players. If we could get one of those guys and not give up Parsons though, watch out for this team to be a threat to pull an upset in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mzgrizz View Post
    Demarcus is good but would you upset that chemistry ? Harden needs a big bro but not one that will bite his head off
    Hell yeah. Homie it's too bookworm there. It's like they going to Sunday school.

vCash
    uh, they are a borderline playoff team going through a down stretch in a sport of ups and downs?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    uh, they are a borderline playoff team going through a down stretch in a sport of ups and downs?
    but they desperately need a dog. They are starting to remind me of my 2012 Knicks under D'Antoni. When we were spiraling and couldn't figure out what was going wrong. That team has no cojones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Harden is forcing it, plain and simple. I've watched all their gms. and no one is getting the ball after Harden touches it. He went from an efficient player, to efficient stats but selfish-like play. And it's not him trying to be selfish I just think no one has the you know what on that team to point it out. Other than Mchale. What I'm seeing is Lin is not a leader, Harden is too Superman-ish, it's like he's trying to be Kobe. Parsons is quiet, Asik is ok. There are no balls on that team. Someone to step in and just take over. That person should have been Jeremy Lin but he doesn't want it enough, so it's Harden and when he struggles that's it.

This is why I said so many times Parsons is not a hold up in any deal. For Cousins, For Josh Smith, for even Dwight Howard, there is no hold up nor should be. If your name ain't Harden, Asik or Lin, nothing makes you untradeable.
    To be fair, I don't think Harden dominating the ball is on Lin.

I was watching their new PG (Patrick Beverly) very carefully over the last 2 nights. When Beverly was on the floor by himself he was very aggressive, driving to the rim, and moving the ball. As soon as he was on the floor he dropped the ball off to Harden at mid court and spotted up in the corner like a statue.

In other words, he looked exactly like Lin does when he's on the floor with Harden.

I've also seen Toney Douglas do the same... drop the ball off the Harden, spot up at the perimeter.

Are we going to argue that TD and Beverly are being passive as well? I think this lands squarely on the coaches.

This was posted by a person on the Houston Rockets main fan forum...

Saw this in a chinese website, it is too hilarious to not translate over.
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2105705327

===================

HOU vs. DAL

1st Quarter:

03:13 DAL 22-15, Rox trailing by 7
    Lin on bench as usual, Harden with 2 PF, got 1 TO, need to be sub out.

Beverley: coach, my turn?
    mchale: go back to bench you rookie. hmm, let's see what TD can do by himself.

Harden Substitution replaced by Morris

Rox O become chaos, Delfino consecutive 3 TOs, till the end of the 1st Q, TD got the only 3 for Rox score board.

end Q1: DAL: 29-18 Rox trailing by 11

2nd Quarter

06:41 DAL 39-24, Rox trailing by 15

TD was sub out 2min ago, Harden is cold as ice, need to be sub out.

Beverley: coach, my turn?
    mchale: go back to bench you rookie. hmm, let's see what Jeremy can do by himself.

Harden Substitution replaced by Delfino

Lin missed layup, but got his own rebound and assist Parsons for 3.

05:56 DAL 41-27 Rox trailing by 14

Lin Traveling.

McHale: Another TO? Jeremy, bench you go! O-o, all 3 guards are benched, uh, Beverley, your turn.

Beverley: yeah! I'm in the rotation!

Lin Substitution replaced by Beverley

With ball in Beverley's hand, all kinds of screens and p&r, Beverley go beast mode. Within 3min, Beverley got 1 board, 2 assist and 3 points. (Rox players like neat score board record )

Beverley: This is easy, Beversanity here I come!

02:45 DAL 45-39 Rox trailing by 6 only

McHale: Good time for Harden to ride the wave, James, you go, and earn me that 20 pts today!

Parsons Substitution replaced by Harden

ball and screens all go Harden's way......

Beverley: Jeremy, now I see your struggle....

end of Q2: DAL 52-44 Rox trailing by 8

3rd Quarter

Both Harden and Lin on court fighting.

04:56 DAL 69-64 Rox trailing by 5

mchale: Jeremy is tired, need a rest. Beverley, you go.

Beverley: yes sir! I will try my best to push the tempo

McHale: no no no, you go spot up at that corner.

Lin Substitution replaced by Beverley, and Beverley spot up for the next consecutive 6 possessions, and watched Rox's O going on.

02:25 DAL 72-69 Rox trailing by only 3.
    Thanks for Harden doing all his normal Harden stuff to fill up the gap. But he picked up his 4th personal foul.

McHale: Harden 4 pf, you go to bench and have a rest.
    Beverley: Yeah, now Harden off the court, I can get the ball?
    McHale no, you just need to bring the ball up, dump to Parsons or Delfino, and you go spot up at that corner

end of Q3: DAL 80-73, Rox trailing by 7.

4th Quarter

Beverley: i know, I know, I will spot up that corner

And he did!

09:55 DAL 85-77 Rox trailing by 8

Beverley Substitution replaced by Lin

Jeremy: Good job Patrick!

Beverley: Jeremy, that corner is all yours, take good care of it!

Jeremy: heck, screw that corner, I'm going to play my brand of basketball! We've lost 4 already.

We all know what happened next.
    Looking eerily familiar...

vCash
    Last I checked, they were one of the leagues top offenses but also one of the leagues worst defense.

That, should put them right in the middle at around .500, which is actually where they are now...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast