Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Ugly game last night. We are not going to win many (if any) games playing like that. On a forum note I am planning to do two GT for the month of February unless someone else would like to do them more frequently.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    We need either a coaching change or a roster change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    We need either a coaching change or a roster change.
    It's a lot easier to change 1 person than to change 20.

vCash
    I'm still in Bylsma's camp... at least for now. I know the past few games have been pretty bad in a number of different aspects but it's just that, it's only 6 games into the season and yes, I know the season is only 48 games long. That goes both ways though, do you really want to go through a coaching change (one that emphasizes offense for the players we have) and have to learn a brand new system in a shortened season? There's no guarantee it would be a seamless transition and you then find yourself struggling.

This team consists of many of the same players that finished 4th in the NHL in points last year, 1 point away from 1st in the East, 1st in goals for, and you then have to add that to the fact that we missed Crosby for most of the season. Let's just wait a little before we bring in a new guy to try and replicate those results

vCash
    I think it's more the team sully held the lines together last year. Neal Malkin Kunitz should never have been touched (blysmas bad decision)
    Kennedy has no business on the second line or Tangradi?
    Also moving TK to the 2nd line ruined a great 3rd line of him sutter and Cooke

vCash
    I'm not saying I fully agree with all the decisions he has made, I was one of the first to criticize moving Kennedy, but the facts from last year can't be simply dismissed either

vCash
    Penguins claim Zach Boychuk off of waivers from Carolina
    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
    CAR's Zach Boychuk has been claimed off waivers by PIT.

Quote:
    SCOUTING REPORT (Forecaster.ca)

Winger
    First round pick, 14th overall, Carolina (2008)

Assets: Is versatile enough to be used in any game situation, and at any forward position. Has scoring potential, grit and hockey sense. Sets a good example in terms of his work ethic.

Flaws: His lack of ideal size for the pro game may hinder his ability to produce points on a consistent basis at the NHL level, so he may have to settle for a defensive role.

Career Potential: Versatile forward with some upside.

vCash
    Interesting...

I wonder if this further sets up a trade of multiple forwards?

vCash
    I think i like the lines tonight. Jefferey in the top six works for me. The third line is good, maybe put Kunitz back on the second line and move jefferey up with Crosby.

vCash
    Just means Tangradi is mosy likely done with the club. He's too slow, has sketchy skating, and no hands. Does't fit the system. Boychuk is his opposite.

vCash
    Very nice win tonight, hopefully we can build off of that.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    Couldn't catch it but I hope it was a dominating performance. Nice to see the big guns show up and end this streak.

I wonder if this will cool some of the heat on Bylsma. Obviously one game doesn't mean much but it should mean something

vCash
    I like the lines wanna see boyachuk

vCash
    They looked strong all around. "D" showed up. Offense showed up. Bylsma tinkered minimally and finally took Neal off the point on the PP and put Malkin there. You could tell Malks was determined after the spanking from the Isles. He was driven and on all cylindars. Vokun looked like a #1 and the smartest offseason signing. MAF better get sharp, fast.

vCash
    Vokoun has been good fluery not so much

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789