Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Changes expected to the offensive line for 2013

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...2-8bbb32b170db

DetroitLions.com mentions C Dominic Raiola and RG Stephen Peterman as candidates for offseason release.
    Raiola, 34, and Peterman, 31, are both entering the final years of their respective contracts and will collectively count $9 million against the salary cap. Detroit's 2013 money issues have been well-documented. The Lions could conceivably have four new starters along the offensive front, and the team's official website names Riley Reiff, Bill Nagy, and Jason Fox as potential replacements.
    via rotoworld

Looks like Raoiola and Peterman may be gone...

Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    Calvin Johnson is the worse decoy to ever put on football pads they should have drafted a big play reciever years ago. Golden Tate is a good side piece but I wouldnt have him as my full time number 1 WR.

vCash
    A great scenario at the draft would be is Joeckel is there at #5 and both Moore and Werner are off the board.

Could role into next season with a very, very young O line.

Joeckel - Sims - Nagy - Fox - Reiff

Though I wouldn't mind Backus there another year, he played pretty well this year.

But even Backus - Sims - Nagy - Fox - Reiff isn't bad.

I'm only plugging Fox in there because I believe Mayhew and the coaching staff has said multiple times he can play either G or OT ever since we drafted him.

vCash
    Yea i was reading this earlier, Gonna be intresting to see.. Hopefully the newer group can run block and pass block good not just one or the other

57 Rec - 882 Yards -6 TD

vCash
    This article scares me......

Yes Raiola and Peterman are both overpaid......HOWEVER, Fox and Nagy have had a lot of health issues. If we release both of these players and Fox and/or Nagy can't stay on the field, Stafford will be the next to go down.

Just try to restructure both of these guys contracts for a lesser amount. I'm sure they would be open to that as they won't see the money they are getting now anywhere else.

I know some have us taking G Barret Jones (Alabama) in the 2nd, but that is not what we should do with that pick, we need that pick devoted to defense.

vCash
    We are in need of an offensive line overhaul...Dom should be the first on the chopping block, if the lions ever want to more the mediocre at running the ball they need to cut him.

#HandItOnly2Bell
    SigBet that Suh stays in Detroit
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Sig bet!
    Sig bet!
    I'll step up. I'm pretty sure he's gone too.

vCash
    I have a celebratory dance prepared if/when Dom and Peterman get cut.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    The Lions' website confirms that Riley Reiff is expected to start at either tackle or guard next season.
    With Gosder Cherilus an unrestricted free agent and Jeff Backus unsure if he'll be back in 2013, Reiff will almost certainly be a full-time starter after appearing in eight games as a rookie. The Lions are also considering an expanded role for fourth-year tackle Jason Fox, who didn't play a single 2012 snap.
    rotoworld

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Good article lionsfan....lol

If DET is to make this move by releasing both Raiola and Perterman, Hopefully they will offer Cherilus a long-term contract.

I personally think that Backus should go before Raiola; but Raiola needs a pay cut as well. This should be how the OL should look IMO:

LT: Reiff, LG: Sims, C: Nagy, RG: Peterman, RT: Cherilus

This gives us youth, saves us money and only leaves Peterman as someone that we would need to replace next offseason. Putting Fox in as a starter is just crazy talk IMO as he hasn't been healthy since he came into the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    This article scares me......

Yes Raiola and Peterman are both overpaid......HOWEVER, Fox and Nagy have had a lot of health issues. If we release both of these players and Fox and/or Nagy can't stay on the field, Stafford will be the next to go down.

Just try to restructure both of these guys contracts for a lesser amount. I'm sure they would be open to that as they won't see the money they are getting now anywhere else.

I know some have us taking G Barret Jones (Alabama) in the 2nd, but that is not what we should do with that pick, we need that pick devoted to defense.
    I'd prefer defense all day as well, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if the Lions took Barrett Jones in the 2nd. If he's still there, it certainly fits with their BPA draft strategy.

vCash
    Sign Vollmer or Loadholt to be our LT and sign LeVitre. Release Dom, Peterman, and Backus. That would be a fairly good O-Line IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Good article lionsfan....lol

If DET is to make this move by releasing both Raiola and Perterman, Hopefully they will offer Cherilus a long-term contract.

I personally think that Backus should go before Raiola; but Raiola needs a pay cut as well. This should be how the OL should look IMO:

LT: Reiff, LG: Sims, C: Nagy, RG: Peterman, RT: Cherilus

This gives us youth, saves us money and only leaves Peterman as someone that we would need to replace next offseason. Putting Fox in as a starter is just crazy talk IMO as he hasn't been healthy since he came into the NFL.
    By the stats Cherilus was our worst OLman this year, I know he is the youngest of the ones talking about being replaced.. But im scared to give him a long term deal.. Id be OK with a 2-3 year deal to prove himself..

57 Rec - 882 Yards -6 TD

vCash
    I really don't know how Cherilus was the #2 RT in the NFL on pff

Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    Calvin Johnson is the worse decoy to ever put on football pads they should have drafted a big play reciever years ago. Golden Tate is a good side piece but I wouldnt have him as my full time number 1 WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    I'd prefer defense all day as well, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if the Lions took Barrett Jones in the 2nd. If he's still there, it certainly fits with their BPA draft strategy.
    I think the Barrett Jones draft pick is a bad idea.....He had Chance Warmack next to him on that line the last 2 seasons which made his job a whole lot easier.

I compare the Chance Warmack/Barrett Jones draft situation to last draft's Peter Konz/David Decastro (both from Wisconsin). Peter Konz ended up being average this season but a lot of folks had him as a 1st round talent. David Decastro had a lot to do with Konz' success.

I'm not saying Barrett Jones will be horrible, what I am saying is whenever you have 2 OL from the same team being graded that high, you have to proceed with caution.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Only in the passing game area. You have to admit tho, he was probably the mst improved player on your team from '11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Backus - 2 Falses starts - 2 Holding - 1.5 sacks

Sims - 2 False starts - 3 holding - 1.5 sacks

Dom - 2 False starts - 0 holding - 4.5 sacks

Peterman - 1 false start - 2 holding - 2.5 sacks

Cherilus - 5 false starts - 2 Holding - 5 sacks

57 Rec - 882 Yards -6 TD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast