Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekTheTruth View Post
    This forum is messed up sometimes, i was blown away a few weeks ago when people were questioning if we should give up AB in a demarcus cousins deal , and now im blown away because were now talking about sending that same player for JJ Reddick. Even courtney lee may be too much for reddick, considering reddick needs a new contract and while JJ is a better 3 point shooter,and probably passer, i think lee is better everywhere else.
    I agree, this dude really said sending Terry/Bradley for Redick would be interesting, and I would rather have Redick and Lee off the bench than Redick and Terry but I would rather have Redick than Lee if I had a choice

vCash
    This forum is messed up sometimes, i was blown away a few weeks ago when people were questioning if we should give up AB in a demarcus cousins deal , and now im blown away because were now talking about sending that same player for JJ Reddick. Even courtney lee may be too much for reddick, considering reddick needs a new contract and while JJ is a better 3 point shooter,and probably passer, i think lee is better everywhere else.
    Well said.

I made a wildly speculative 3 team trade in an attempt to emphasis how difficult it is to put together a trade in general and for Reddck in particular. The best anyone else comes up with is Lee and Melo for Reddick, which when one considers it, is as preposterous as the multi-team multi-player deal I worked up.

Everyone is eager to throw Melo into these trade ideas without considering his actual worth. He's playing in the D-League which is where he belongs for now. He has little to no value in terms of an NBA roster. A team that would take him in trade would want to continue his development in the D League. His worth / value is in the future, what he develops into. Not every team is going to place much value on that.

Which leads us to Courtney Lee, Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, Rondo, Sullinger. These guys are here as much for 2 years from now.... when KG and Pierce are gone and Melo is hopefully ready.... as they are here for this season. I don't think any of them get traded unless an impact player that can put this team into the finals is the return. There are not many of those out there that the Celtic's can afford due to cap restrictions and / or assets that would have to be given up leaving them precariously thin.

Here's a newsflash.... these media types that keep linking the Celtics to players like Cousins, Smith and Reddick... they do so to sell their product. $$$$$$$ It's what they get paid to do. Quote an anonymous source at league headquarters (aka the janitor or lunch counter cashier) and write something that gets the average joe all a flutter with the possibility the Celtics are going to actually be able to grab a starting 4 or 5.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-20-2013 at 03:10 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    The more people that can score the better. Id love to see JJ here.
    The name is Amendola....

...Danny Amendola

vCash
    Celtics and duke fan so I would love JJ but not for AB or lee for that matter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Well said.

I made a wildly speculative 3 team trade in an attempt to emphasis how difficult it is to put together a trade in general and for Reddck in particular. The best anyone else comes up with is Lee and Melo for Reddick, which when one considers it, is as preposterous as the multi-team multi-player deal I worked up.

Everyone is eager to throw Melo into these trade ideas without considering his actual worth. He's playing in the D-League which is where he belongs for now. He has little to no value in terms of an NBA roster. A team that would take him in trade would want to continue his development in the D League. His worth / value is in the future, what he develops into. Not every team is going to place much value on that.

Which leads us to Courtney Lee, Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, Rondo, Sullinger. These guys are here as much for 2 years from now.... when KG and Pierce are gone and Melo is hopefully ready.... as they are here for this season. I don't think any of them get traded unless an impact player that can put this team into the finals is the return. There are not many of those out there that the Celtic's can afford due to cap restrictions and / or assets that would have to be given up leaving them precariously thin.

Here's a newsflash.... these media types that keep linking the Celtics to players like Cousins, Smith and Reddick... they do so to sell their product. $$$$$$$ It's what they get paid to do. Quote an anonymous source at league headquarters (aka the janitor or lunch counter cashier) and write something that gets the average joe all a flutter with the possibility the Celtics are going to actually be able to grab a starting 4 or 5.

TThis is pretty much it , i cant see a deal that makes sense for us and that the magic wouldnt laugh at. I dont see it as a deal that puts us over the top and to think it could be part of a bigger plan would be way to speculative. Furthermore if were playing the heat im worried about stopping lebron, wade bosh first not allen and reddick gives up an inch or two and twenty pounds to lee.

vCash
    TThis is pretty much it , i cant see a deal that makes sense for us and that the magic wouldnt laugh at. I dont see it as a deal that puts us over the top and to think it could be part of a bigger plan would be way to speculative. Furthermore if were playing the heat im worried about stopping lebron, wade bosh first not allen and reddick gives up an inch or two and twenty pounds to lee.
    Redick is 6'4" and 190 and Lee is 6'5" and 200. 1" and 10 pounds isn't much of a difference there. Redick can distribute the ball better when he's on the floor and he's a better 3 point shooter this year, which is something we need. JJ is also one of the best FT shooters in the league (90%), where he's currently 5th in the league and slightly better than Ray Allen. Our best free throw shooter is Pierce, who is 40th in the league at 79%. Judging by the last several games, we need all the free throw help we can get.
    Last edited by 69centers; 01-20-2013 at 04:51 PM.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    I would be really disappointed if we trade Melo without seeing what he can do at the NBA level. It's obvious he won't see anytime this year unless we become desperate. Next year however with more time under his belt he could at the least become a role player and become a presence down low that we've been lacking since the departure of Perkins.

I just dislike the Celtics mentality of trading away young assets for aging veterans with larger contracts. I am not opposed to trading Bass/Terry or Lee but for the love of god Ainge stop trading away our first round picks a half a season after we draft them. I'd actually like to see what they can offer us first.

I'm not denying JJR would benefit our offense now but I am thinking long term and Melo potentially gives us an anchor at Center for the next 10 years. I'm an optimist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Redick is 6'4" and 190 and Lee is 6'5" and 200. 1" and 10 pounds isn't much of a difference there. Redick can distribute the ball better when he's on the floor and he's a better 3 point shooter this year, which is something we need. JJ is also one of the best FT shooters in the league (90%), where he's currently 5th in the league and slightly better than Ray Allen. Our best free throw shooter is Pierce, who is 40th in the league at 79%. Judging by the last several games, we need all the free throw help we can get.
    I was more or less guessing on the height and weight, im just saying noway i give up AB for him, and i think long and hard about lee, not saying id be upset about a lee-reddick deal. Its pushing it, However if they wanted more ,I hang up the phone if im ainge.

vCash
    Would you include Sullinger with Lee for JJ? I think that it too much.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Wouldn't want to add Sully, but if he was Orlando would have to give another young piece... Vucevic or Nicholson...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    I don't see why mentioning Bradley is so taboo. I just said I'd consider it at the deadline, based on Bradley's health which is slowly starting to raise an alarm. Slowly.

He may very well bounce back, increase his terrible shooting numbers and be a paragon of health. But if you wouldn't even consider trading him you are a worse speculative GM than I am.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    I don't see why mentioning Bradley is so taboo. I just said I'd consider it at the deadline, based on Bradley's health which is slowly starting to raise an alarm. Slowly.

He may very well bounce back, increase his terrible shooting numbers and be a paragon of health. But if you wouldn't even consider trading him you are a worse speculative GM than I am.
    Dude i wouldnt think twice about dealing him in the right trade and i doubt ainge would either, JJ reddick does not put this team n the category of championship contender esp if hes traded for bradley. If as the other guy said the magic added a nice young piece , it wouldnt be the end of the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    would you include sullinger with lee for jj? I think that it too much.
    never!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Size obviously Celts' priority if they do deal before Feb. 21 trade deadline but word is they hope to work way into Redick mix if they can

12h Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Hearing Celts, even before season-worst 7-for-32 shooting from 15+ feet in NYK loss, have ramped up their interest in Magic's J.J. Redick
    -twitter

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Didnt Barbosa "request" a trade

Barbosa
    Melo
    Cash/pick

For

Reddick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123