Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoPo18 View Post
    Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Asham, Orpik. Hartnell maybe a little, but giving crosby a little bump on the way to the bench is nothing compared to headhunting and trying to injure like the Penguins do.

Not basing this off today, Penguins have been surprisingly composed so far. Not classless like I'm used to.
    You should of just said the entire Penguins roster, would of saved you're post a lot of length. /wank

#pensCUP
    Last edited by WVNowitzki; 01-20-2013 at 07:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    Malkin gets away with a ton of ********. He acts like a spoiled child out there when things aren't going his way. Luckily, he's been getting called recently.

Also surprised no one's said Trevor Gillies yet.
    Forgot about Gillies. He's another absolute clown out there. What he did to Tangradi was totally classless and cheap. Then to stand there on the ice and openly mock a guy knocked out cold by your cheap shot.... what a goon. If the Islanders weren't so horrible he would of never cracked an NHL lineup in the first place.

vCash
    OMG. Are some of you kidding me with this Bertuzzi/Moore thing? Bertuzzi sucker punched Moore and somehow that is the worse hit in hockey? I don't think so. What made the incident so bad was the freakish events that followed the hit. And that is exactly what they were, freakish events. Some of you act like Bertuzzi actually went on the ice to break Moore's neck and/or end his career. He went on the ice to provoke a fight for the cheap hit Moore had made. Something that still happens in hockey. Moore tried to turtle and Bertuzzi hit him. Had all of the other freakish stuff not happened causing Moore's neck to break, this incident would have been forgotten about. Is what happened to Moore horrible? Yes. The results of that cheap shot were horrific. Were the results intentional? Highly unlikely and to say Bertuzzi is one of the dirtiest players in hockey because of that hit is absolutely ludicrous.
    You want to see a bad hit. Look at the hit on Zetterberg by Weber. Weber hit Zetterberg in the side of the head and then grabbed Zetterberg's head with both hands and slammed it into the glass with enough force that it cracked Zetterberg's helmet. What was Weber's intent? Sure looked liked he was trying to do some bodily harm to Zetterberg. Weber could have easily ended Zetterberg's career with that move. Weber got a $2500 fine. IMO, that was by far a worse hit than the Bertuzzi hit; however, the end results weren't. The difference to me between the Bertuzzi/Moore hit and the Weber/Zetterberg hit was the intent and the unfortunate outcome for Moore.

vCash
    Watch the hit. The sucker punch wasn't the worst thing Bertuzzi did. It was slamming Moore's head into the ice afterwards. Totally gutless. Watch that part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz9RE9RGrVY

I don't defend the Weber hit either.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 01-20-2013 at 08:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Let's get this straight here, I'm a non biased fan between the Penguins and Flyers rivalry and I firmly believe that the Penguins are a dirty, dirty team.
    Thank you. I don't say it just cause of the rivalry, I say it based off of the truth. I also admit Pronger WAS one of the dirtiest players in the league. My main frustration is Pitt fans refuse to admit or believe their team is dirty. It's almost funny.

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

vCash
    Thank you. I don't say it just cause of the rivalry, I say it based off of the truth. I also admit Pronger WAS one of the dirtiest players in the league. My main frustration is Pitt fans refuse to admit or believe their team is dirty. It's almost funny.
    I agree that the Pens are dirty, but not as bad as people are making them out to be. There is quite a few teams that are just as bad, if not worse, than the Pens.

Pens had 4 players suspended last year, Letang (2 games), Engelland (3 games), Neal (1 game) and Asham (4 games). Compare that to the Yotes (5 suspensions), Sabres (4 suspensions), Bruins (5 suspensions), Hawks (4 suspensions), Wild (4 suspensions), Flyers (4 suspensions), and Capitals (4 suspensions).

They're on par with a bunch of other teams in suspensions. I don't see the issue.

vCash
    Well, I'm going to throw the Sharks in there. It seems like they always manage to take a few cheapshots between Thornton and Clowe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVNowitzki View Post
    You should of just said the entire Penguins roster, would of saved you're post a lot of length. /wank

#pensCUP
    Why would I do that? I wouldn't want to lump non-dirty players, which you do have a few. I was only naming the players on your team that are especially dirty, which yes you have a great deal of. I did forget to mention Cooke and Adams, but you're proving my point.

As a Flyers fan, yes, Pronger was dirty, Hartnell occasionally is a little dirty, Rinaldo is dirty, Carcillo when we had him was dirty, even Giroux had 1 dirty hit last year against NJ. We admit when our team had a dirty play or player. As does every fanbase outside of Pitt.

That's what makes us get frustrated with Pitt and their fanbase. When Cooke headhunts the majority claim it wasn't dirty, that the victim must have moved his head in the way of Cooke's elbow, or something crazy like that. However, as posted earlier, Cooke did that crap with regularity. He was one of the dirtier players in the game and Pitt fans deny it.

The same thing happens now with Malkin and Neal. They have become VERY DIRTY players. Both of them have thrown elbows and charged players who didn't even have the puck with what can only be assumed was an intent to injure. Just take off your homer glasses and see the light. Accept that you have a very good team full of pretty dirty players. The first step is acceptance my friends.

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    I agree that the Pens are dirty, but not as bad as people are making them out to be. There is quite a few teams that are just as bad, if not worse, than the Pens.

Pens had 4 players suspended last year, Letang (2 games), Engelland (3 games), Neal (1 game) and Asham (4 games). Compare that to the Yotes (5 suspensions), Sabres (4 suspensions), Bruins (5 suspensions), Hawks (4 suspensions), Wild (4 suspensions), Flyers (4 suspensions), and Capitals (4 suspensions).

They're on par with a bunch of other teams in suspensions. I don't see the issue.
    I apologize I was already ranting when you were typing this so I didn't read this in time. There is no issue with it, it's part of hockey and like the Caps fan said as a fan I'd rather have a dirty team than one that gets picked on on the playground. The only issue I had/have is that I went to college midway between Philly and Pitt, and I have a lot of friends who are Pens fans. Even my boss is a Pens fan. None of them admit they have dirty players and yet say Hartnell is scum of the earth. It drives me nuts when Pens fans refuse to admit they have some dirty players, and make excuses for their dirty acts. You admitting your team is dirty is all I wanted, so thank you. Now please share your knowledge with your city!

vCash
    Why would I do that? I wouldn't want to lump non-dirty players, which you do have a few. I was only naming the players on your team that are especially dirty, which yes you have a great deal of. I did forget to mention Cooke and Adams, but you're proving my point.

As a Flyers fan, yes, Pronger was dirty, Hartnell occasionally is a little dirty, Rinaldo is dirty, Carcillo when we had him was dirty, even Giroux had 1 dirty hit last year against NJ. We admit when our team had a dirty play or player. As does every fanbase outside of Pitt.

That's what makes us get frustrated with Pitt and their fanbase. When Cooke headhunts the majority claim it wasn't dirty, that the victim must have moved his head in the way of Cooke's elbow, or something crazy like that. However, as posted earlier, Cooke did that crap with regularity. He was one of the dirtier players in the game and Pitt fans deny it.

The same thing happens now with Malkin and Neal. They have become VERY DIRTY players. Both of them have thrown elbows and charged players who didn't even have the puck with what can only be assumed was an intent to injure. Just take off your homer glasses and see the light. Accept that you have a very good team full of pretty dirty players. The first step is acceptance my friends.
    The Pens fan literally two posts above you claimed we have some dirty players/plays, as will I. Not sure why you choose to overlook this.

Whenever Cooke elbowed McDonagh two years ago, the majority, if not all, of Pens fans on this board said it was dirty and he should be suspended. Some, myself included, wanted him traded, released, bought out, whatever it took. He has since cleaned his game up though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    The Pens fan literally two posts above you claimed we have some dirty players/plays, as will I. Not sure why you choose to overlook this.

Whenever Cooke elbowed McDonagh two years ago, the majority, if not all, of Pens fans on this board said it was dirty and he should be suspended. Some, myself included, wanted him traded, released, bought out, whatever it took. He has since cleaned his game up though.
    I didn't overlook it. I was typing it and didn't refresh to see it. Hence my followup post apologizing. Why'd you chose to overlook that? haha

If you say so about the Cooke hit. Earlier in this thread a Pens fan tried to say it wasn't intentional. And every time a Pens player is brought up the majority of the fan base goes on the defensive. Look, you know you'd get angry if Hartnell elbowed Crosby away from the play and Crosby lay on the ice for 5 minutes, and then Flyers fans claimed Crosby jumped into his elbow and it wasn't intentional.

That's all I'm saying. When Neal attacked Couturier, and then Headhunted Giroux, the Pens fans I know claimed the Couturier charge was accidental, and G had tried to duck under a legal check. If you guys are admitting now that you've seen the light. I apologize and I'll drop it.

vCash
    Question? What do you consider a dirty player? is it one dirty hit in a season or one hit in 3 seasons or a career. Or is it the chippy little pushes, face scrubs, hacking, hooking, slashing, crap almost all the players in the nhl do at some point during a season. Just want a point of reference for this topic. Yes I am a huge pens fan and do believe some of the actions are cheap (neals hit during playoffs last year) Almost anything cooke did for the majoity of his career, asshams actions. on ther other hand the hit viatle had in last game of last season i do not view as cheap.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Let's get this straight here, I'm a non biased fan between the Penguins and Flyers rivalry and I firmly believe that the Penguins are a dirty, dirty team.
    I have read many posts with hate from you tword the pens so totally non biased I dont believe this to be true. Yes the pens have dirty players, some worse than others. Yes they also have players who have made dirty plays and while a dirty plays are not ok at all. They happen and while one cheap shot is not ok at all and is dirty I dont believe it should label you as a dirty player. There needs to be an agreement on what are the criteria to be labeled dirty as I said above.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    How is this thread still going? Seems like a pool of baiting and useless arguing. Every team in the NHL has "dirty players" on it, plain and simple. As a Bruins fan I'll admit that Lucic has his moments where he may do something uncalled for and Marchand is the same way. Anytime there is physicality involved and testosterone there will be dirty plays both intentional and unintentional.

It's tough to label the "dirtiest" because everyone's perception is different. I think we can all agree though that EVERY TEAM has a few dirty/questionable players.

/thread

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    28GP / 12G / 17A / 1.04PPG / +25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    How is this thread still going? Seems like a pool of baiting and useless arguing. Every team in the NHL has "dirty players" on it, plain and simple. As a Bruins fan I'll admit that Lucic has his moments where he may do something uncalled for and Marchand is the same way. Anytime there is physicality involved and testosterone there will be dirty plays both intentional and unintentional.

It's tough to label the "dirtiest" because everyone's perception is different. I think we can all agree though that EVERY TEAM has a few dirty/questionable players.

/thread
    I agree. I don't really think this kind of thread accomplishes anything. Let's talk hockey in here.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567