Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    What James Neal last year was dirty as piss. He aimed for the head, he didn't "go up high". He also chased down Giroux for a head shot.

I'll admit when my boys do something dirty. Giroux shouldn't have gone up high against the Devils in the playoffs, it was dirty, he should have gotten suspended. Hartnell toes that dirty line quite often. Schenn pushed down Malkin, it was dirty. But lets not sit here and play the victim card on James ****ing Neal.

Plus, I don't think Malkin had a dirty hit on Couturier. He did, however, have an extremely dirty hit that lead to a concussion on Nik Grossmann during the playoff series no one paid attention to right here. Elbow right to the side of the head. That was dirty.

But there's a lot of **** that goes on between the Flyers and the Penguins as both attempt to out muscle the either. They don't like each other, it's to be expected.
    I'm not saying that it was clean, I'm just saying that people shouldn't have been calling for a major suspension for Neal. The Couts hit was just the wrong place at the wrong time. The Giroux hit was bad though.

I don't think that Malkin intended on hitting Couts or Grossman to the head, it seems like he was just skating and accidentally ran into his head. Aka what happened with Steckel on Crosby.

vCash
    ^^im sorry but your the same person who said that cooke didnt mean to injure savard...i dont normally say this but i think your a bit to biased here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    ^^im sorry but your the same person who said that cooke didnt mean to injure savard...i dont normally say this but i think your a bit to biased here
    Pretty much every fan is biased. What I may see as Sid battling for position may be Sid elbowing someone in the head to someone else.

And in my personal opinion, I don't think anyone would want to injure anyone deliberately. That's why I don't think Cooke aimed for Savard's head. I could be dead wrong though. It just doesn't make sense hitting someone in the head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I do not think Bert should have been allowed to play again until Moore was healthy enough to play again or a financial settlement was reached.
    Moore tried to come back and still has post concussion symptoms. Moore should win the case.

vCash
    I'm a bruins fan and I don't believe Cooke meant to injure Savard. I'm of the opinion that many (the majority) of dirty hits we see aren't intent to injure but stupid decisions an players not controlling themselves. Who knows what goes on with these guys, but I think anyone that's ever played hockey has been involved with a questionable hit and I can't imagine many had the thought of "I wanna hurt this guy" came up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    I can't believe people are trying to move on from the Steve Moore thing.

Thats in all likelihood the dirtiest play in the NHL's history (There are a few others in mind as well) with the worst consequences.

I hope Moore wins his lawsuit. That was disgusting and not part of the game whatsoever.
    Thank you. Until justice is served, with Bert getting sued or something, I'm not even going to attempt moving on. Bert shouldn't be playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    I'm a bruins fan and I don't believe Cooke meant to injure Savard. I'm of the opinion that many (the majority) of dirty hits we see aren't intent to injure but stupid decisions an players not controlling themselves. Who knows what goes on with these guys, but I think anyone that's ever played hockey has been involved with a questionable hit and I can't imagine many had the thought of "I wanna hurt this guy" came up
    Then why do certain guys get involved in more controversial hits than others?

I can't prove that Cooke had intent to injure Savard on that play though his history of very dirty plays and being involved in the Bertuzzi incident gives me some credibility towards a conclusion of bad character.

I think its players really not giving a **** about their opponents if its not malice. I think some of it is malice but its players wanting to make the big hit and not caring about how dangerous it might be for their opponent.

This is the equivalent of driving ridiculously recklessly without caring about other drivers. Its still horrendous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
    Pretty much every fan is biased. What I may see as Sid battling for position may be Sid elbowing someone in the head to someone else.

And in my personal opinion, I don't think anyone would want to injure anyone deliberately. That's why I don't think Cooke aimed for Savard's head. I could be dead wrong though. It just doesn't make sense hitting someone in the head.
    when it comes to a personal opinion about a player on my team then yes everyone is biased but there are some players on teams that everyone knows is dirty and its not really possible to defend, (raffi torres, matt cooke (2ish years ago), chris simon, jarrko ruutu etc)

as for cooke though if it was his first time throwing a headshot/cheapshot or even a second time you could maybe play the accident card but that wasnt the case at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lmn2B0TuF8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5PJ2LTRkAY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCk4k...11C18A8188FC46
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCk4k...88FC46&index=3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-6_O...11C18A8188FC46
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CWX8...11C18A8188FC46

this was all on the first page of youtube if you search up matt cooke dirty hits, he has fixed himself in the past year but after watching all that if your telling me that he didnt mean to hit savard on the head i really dont know what to say

vCash
    In a fruitless attempt to add some objectivitey to this thread I'll nominate someone from my team. Suprised he hasn't been mentioned but Dan Carcillo.

Also, FU Raffi Torres

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Then why do certain guys get involved in more controversial hits than others?

I can't prove that Cooke had intent to injure Savard on that play though his history of very dirty plays and being involved in the Bertuzzi incident gives me some credibility towards a conclusion of bad character.

I think its players really not giving a **** about their opponents if its not malice. I think some of it is malice but its players wanting to make the big hit and not caring about how dangerous it might be for their opponent.

This is the equivalent of driving ridiculously recklessly without caring about other drivers. Its still horrendous.
    Simple. Some people are more emotional that others. It's not a coincidence that its typically a player with either 1) a lot of hits or 2) a lot of pims that end up getting suspended. It seems pretty reasonable to suggest that.

Like I said, its not thinking. There's not a single player I've ever played with that's ever said anything about trying to hurt another player. Not many people realistically think its ok to elbow a player in the head. Sometimes it's instinct

vCash
    The Pens play dirty and get away with it. I've just come to accept it at this point. You guys are lucky though. Your teams actually hit people and scrum after the whistle. The Caps are a bunch of soft *******. They let their best player in Backstrom last year get directly elbowed in the face and concussed for 40 games and did absolutely nothing about it. All that happened was like 10 games later or so Matt Hendricks fought Rene Bourque and ****ing got destroyed. I'd rather be considered a dirty team then what we have now.

vCash
    Simple. Some people are more emotional that others.
    What does this mean?
    It's not a coincidence that its typically a player with either 1) a lot of hits
    Well, this isn't exactly true.

There are plenty of players who get a ton of hits who aren't dirty or nearly as dirty as Cooke. Off the top of my head Luke Schenn would seemingly be one of them.

or 2) a lot of pims that end up getting suspended.
    Of course this isn't surprising. Players who get tons of PIM's are breaking the rules. Players who break the rules a lot are more likely to break the more severe rules.
    Like I said, its not thinking. There's not a single player I've ever played with that's ever said anything about trying to hurt another player. Not many people realistically think its ok to elbow a player in the head. Sometimes it's instinct
    Even if this is true, it doesn't make them not dirty. If your reckless and do a lot of dirty hits your still entitled to a ton of criticism.

If I recklessly fire my weapon in a mall and it kills people or I drive recklessly all the time on the road not caring about pedestrians or other cars, it still makes me a pretty bad person. (In this case Cookie is a pretty dirty player).

He essentially ended Savard's career with a play that was easily avoidable. He'll always be a scumbag to me for that. Same with Bertuzzi.

vCash
    It's a pretty understandable comment. Think logically. If a player gets mad during a game, there's a chance he does something stupid. Have you ever played hockey? If so, I don't see how you can disagree. Hockey players aren't savages, they know what's dangerous and what's not. Sometimes, and its bound to happen in a fast paced game, there's gonna be ugly hits. Simple as that.

Your weapon comparison is completely out of left field and has absolutely nothing to do with this.

vCash
    refs are the dirtiest skaters out there.

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    It's a pretty understandable comment. Think logically. If a player gets mad during a game, there's a chance he does something stupid. Have you ever played hockey? If so, I don't see how you can disagree. Hockey players aren't savages, they know what's dangerous and what's not. Sometimes, and its bound to happen in a fast paced game, there's gonna be ugly hits. Simple as that.

Your weapon comparison is completely out of left field and has absolutely nothing to do with this.
    If players are acting dangerous (which Cooke has done) they should be responsible for their actions. I don't really care if your emotional thats not an excuse for breaking the rules/breaking the laws/ injuring other players.

Also, plenty of Cooke's plays have happened not in the heat of a dispute with another player but in calm situations and against players who don't do anything. (Slew footing for example or wtf had Savard done in that game or ever to Cooke or his team)

I have played hockey, and no I never intentionally slewfooted or attacked someone's head. Also, despite my emotions I never would ignore the safety of the sport. I never gave anyone a serious injury on a dirty play either.

Cooke ended Savard's career. This is really serious. I don't get how you downplay that.

My weapon example is simply this. If you do something dangerous your going to be held responsible regardless of your intention. While malice is clearly the worst, recklessness and negligence is pretty damn bad also and it can have disastrous consequences. (Again Savard says hi)

What happened was a guy who was a serial offender in Savard, a fairly mediocre player, ruined out of either malice or recklessness the career of one of the premier players in the NHL.

To be honest, it could be argued that the Bruins or their insurance company and possiblu Savard should have sued Cooke.

Imo, we should have a system of cumulative suspensions thats far more extreme than it is now. Cooke should have been banned for life after the Savard hit. Also, players should be forced to sit out the games their opponents miss if its deemed an exceptionally dirty hit.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast