Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Commercial rooftop businesses, for starters.
    That came as a result of demand from years of people standing up there watching the games, which is the tradition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Commercial rooftop businesses, for starters.
    Not to mention the terrible 7th inning stretch guest singers.

Based on the reactions when there was talk of getting rid of Go Cubs Go! after wins, that is already being treated as such by many and it hasn't even been close to 10 years.

vCash
    if they don't move the poles out of the way then this renovation is pointless IMO...... how can you sell a ticket with an obstructed view?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
    That came as a result of demand from years of people standing up there watching the games, which is the tradition.
    Completely false. The first time anyone asked to rent out the roof tops was 8/8/88

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    if they don't move the poles out of the way then this renovation is pointless IMO...... how can you sell a ticket with an obstructed view?
    So because they cannot do anything about the poles they should scrap the whole idea of renovation? So no new clubhouse and batting cages? No improved facilities because there are some obstructed viewing seats? Considering they have been selling those seats for years, I am sure they will still do so. And even f they cannot do anything about them, I am still for other improvements.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Completely false. The first time anyone asked to rent out the roof tops was 8/8/88
    I never said they were doing it forever, 25 years sounds about right and what I would have guessed. Point is, its become a tradition, even before the stadium seating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Not to mention the terrible 7th inning stretch guest singers.

Based on the reactions when there was talk of getting rid of Go Cubs Go! after wins, that is already being treated as such by many and it hasn't even been close to 10 years.
    The more important tradition with the 7th inning stretch is the entire crowd singing along and a tribute to Harry. The guest singers are basically just there to guide the tradition.

Go Cubs Go has also become a tradition too. Is there necessarily a time table on how long things must be done before it can be considered a tradition? Heck, we wouldnt have any traditions if nobody ever thought to start one in the first place.
    Last edited by TimbrH2001; 01-22-2013 at 11:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    So because they cannot do anything about the poles they should scrap the whole idea of renovation? So no new clubhouse and batting cages? No improved facilities because there are some obstructed viewing seats? Considering they have been selling those seats for years, I am sure they will still do so. And even f they cannot do anything about them, I am still for other improvements.
    Exactly. Nothing can be done about the poles. Big deal. Would have been nice and they tried, but apparently theres just no way around it unless they want to displace the team for a season. Doesnt mean this renovation isnt going to upgrade this Field a million times over.

vCash
    if they don't move the poles out of the way then this renovation is pointless IMO.
    What an odd opinion.

vCash
    The more important tradition with the 7th inning stretch is the entire crowd singing along and a tribute to Harry. The guest singers are basically just there to guide the tradition.

Go Cubs Go has also become a tradition too. Is there necessarily a time table on how long things must be done before it can be considered a tradition? Heck, we wouldnt have any traditions if nobody ever thought to start one in the first place.
    If there isn't, what makes it a tradition?

vCash
    Tradition is a funny thing. People on both sides sure do get butt hurt about it.

vCash
    I think the renovations are a great idea and the pictures of what they are going to look like are great as well. I'm looking forward to this completion though a projected 5 years away..Definitely a smart move to get the players' clubhouse and other areas started first. I've been down there a few times and man is it crammed.

vCash
    I never said they were doing it forever, 25 years sounds about right and what I would have guessed. Point is, its become a tradition, even before the stadium seating.
    Which feeds into my point: It's stupid, but every stupid thing done anywhere near the ballpark gets called "tradition" and we get stuck with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    yes because you will get even better amenities in a new park... not be constrained to certain limits ... can you imagine what they could do with a fresh slate? We are talking about trying to get one of the best parks that baseball can be played at.... somewhere players can be proud to come play at.

SCREW THE TRADITION....... lets face it our tradition in Wrigley has been choking and losing... just be totally honest with that fact. We aren't talking about Lambeau field where championships were won...

How bout we as an organization look to change the way this team thinks... change the tradition... change the attitude... raise the bar... why should we be limited to the constraints of the walls of a park where nothing has been won?

Ivy can be regrown....scoreboards can be moved... park atmospheres are from the fans and if you build it THEY WILL COME... heck maybe more will come... MAYBE JUST MAYBE a new park could be BETTER!!!!!! Screw the rooftops why should we be loyal to them? How bout we get those fans INSIDE THE PARK!!!!!

vCash
    yes because you will get even better amenities in a new park... not be constrained to certain limits ... can you imagine what they could do with a fresh slate? We are talking about trying to get one of the best parks that baseball can be played at.... somewhere players can be proud to come play at.

SCREW THE TRADITION....... lets face it our tradition in Wrigley has been choking and losing... just be totally honest with that fact. We aren't talking about Lambeau field where championships were won...

How bout we as an organization look to change the way this team thinks... change the tradition... change the attitude... raise the bar... why should we be limited to the constraints of the walls of a park where nothing has been won?

Ivy can be regrown....scoreboards can be moved... park atmospheres are from the fans and if you build it THEY WILL COME... heck maybe more will come... MAYBE JUST MAYBE a new park could be BETTER!!!!!! Screw the rooftops why should we be loyal to them? How bout we get those fans INSIDE THE PARK!!!!!
    I believe the Cubs are changing the attitude. Rather than a I think getting Theo is pretty big and possibly the biggest addition to this organization since WW2.

The Cubs are finally embracing the 21st century and trying to build a team the right way. I guess I dont quite get why it has to be all or nothing? Do you really think Wrigley is the reason we haven't won a WS?

I think these renovations are pretty awesome. I could do without the jumbotron, but I am starting to give in to that as well.

As far as the rooftops why should the Cubs try to ruin other peoples businesses? Personally I think the rooftops are something that makes Wrigley pretty unique and the Cubs do make a small profit off the sales.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast