Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Bargnani
    Davis
    AA
    Ross
    Lowry

Both Bargnani & AA can create to a degree which would allow Lowry to be a scoring gaurd.

Davis is athletic & this teams best shot blocker/rebounder, reason for pairing him with Bargnani.

Ross, AA, Bargnani gives Lowry proper spacing for his drives & kicks.

Valanciunas
    Amir
    Fields
    Derozan
    Calderon

^ Simply put Calderon runs the p'n'r offence, fields plays off ball

Don't care which unit starts but think it should be Lowry's unit seeing that he's the future investment.
    I agree to some extent. I just don't think we should play Jose, Val, and Bargs together. Even 2 out of the 3 would be bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    I agree to some extent. I just don't think we should play Jose, Val, and Bargs together. Even 2 out of the 3 would be bad.
    Take another look at the rotations suggested, I have Val/Amir & Jose coming off the bench. Both excellent bigs in the p'n'r with Calderon. Both able to play help defense & cover for Jose

I have Bargnani's man defense next to Davis' rebounding/shotblocking & help defense. 2 creators & 3 shooters to compliment a scoring guard in Lowry.

vCash
    Disagree. Val & Calderon aren't bad. Val - Davis combine to be an effective Front Court.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    he doesn't have Bargnani playing with either of those guys

Valanciunas and Jose is good. Its not like its Bargnani and Jose

vCash
    I think having Amir Bargnani and Jose come off the bench would be perfect along with Anderson & Ross, with a starting line up of Lowry, Demar, Fields, Ed & JV.
    Also WTF happened to Pietrus lol. Anyways I think those Line-ups have the perfect balance and chemistry, well as much as you could get with this team.
    ]I may be acting like a Kidd, switch from team to team, now I'm getting Bucks and all I see is green. Call me what you want, image don't mean a thing to me, sign me for 5 or 6 mill and worry about my legacy. - Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    I think having Amir Bargnani and Jose come off the bench would be perfect along with Anderson & Ross, with a starting line up of Lowry, Demar, Fields, Ed & JV.
    Also WTF happened to Pietrus lol. Anyways I think those Line-ups have the perfect balance and chemistry, well as much as you could get with this team.
    JV isn't good enough to start...he's worse than bargnani on D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeEyezKilla View Post
    He's a better help defender but worse man defender.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    That's not possible. JV doesn't hang his teammates out to dry on defence. Bargnani routinely allows players to get showtime dunks.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    That's not possible. JV doesn't hang his teammates out to dry on defence. Bargnani routinely allows players to get showtime dunks.
    Funny because just awhile after I said that about jonas this article came out:

Jonas Valanciunas, centre
    7.8 points, 5.3 rebounds, 1.1 blocks, 28 games
    Grade | C
    There is no reason to panic, but Valanciunas was perhaps the Raptors’ worst defensive player before suffering a broken finger. On the plus side, his injury should give him ample opportunity to improve his left hand. Still a franchise building block.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...-faced-team-2/

vCash
    Funny because just awhile after I said that about jonas this article came out:

Jonas Valanciunas, centre
    7.8 points, 5.3 rebounds, 1.1 blocks, 28 games
    Grade | C
    There is no reason to panic, but Valanciunas was perhaps the Raptors’ worst defensive player before suffering a broken finger. On the plus side, his injury should give him ample opportunity to improve his left hand. Still a franchise building block.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...-faced-team-2/
    The writer doesn't explain which stats say that Valanciunas is our worst defensive player. His stats are skewed regardless because of a sample size since Val has been sitting for the most of the time Bargs has been out. Val was also part of that early win streak.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Well it's either one or the other, Amir & Bargnani have good chemistry together, they also play better alongside Jose. I don't want Ed & Amir Starting because then there is no big coming off the bench that plays D.
    ]I may be acting like a Kidd, switch from team to team, now I'm getting Bucks and all I see is green. Call me what you want, image don't mean a thing to me, sign me for 5 or 6 mill and worry about my legacy. - Me

vCash
    I'd rather trade Bargs.

Start Amir & Ed because they have great chemistry

Bring Val & Acy off the bench.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Imagine if Bargnani came back with a chip on his shoulder because of his nationally known soft image and started playing like a badass. That would be great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    The writer doesn't explain which stats say that Valanciunas is our worst defensive player. His stats are skewed regardless because of a sample size since Val has been sitting for the most of the time Bargs has been out. Val was also part of that early win streak.
    He's right, Jonas got killed in isolation (Bargnani or no Bargnani). Combine that with the occasional rookie call & he was a liability to start the year.

IMO, trading the pick for Lowry put this teams aspirations in making the playoffs, Jonas should not have been starting over the more seasoned/experienced Amir/Ed, especially next to Bargnani who needs defensive compensation himself. As for him being better in that stretch of wins, he was paired with a better help defender in Ed, playing at home against lesser competition & had a general ease in schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    He's right, Jonas got killed in isolation (Bargnani or no Bargnani). Combine that with the occasional rookie call & he was a liability to start the year.

IMO, trading the pick for Lowry put this teams aspirations in making the playoffs, Jonas should not have been starting over the more seasoned/experienced Amir/Ed, especially next to Bargnani who needs defensive compensation himself. As for him being better in that stretch of wins, he was paired with a better help defender in Ed, playing at home against lesser competition & had a general ease in schedule.
    I'll still maintain that Jonas wasn't the Raptors worst defender. He had his off nights for sure. & then he had his nights where he'd give Tim Duncan a harder time than he's used to. Val & Ed moved on a string together, Val isn't a good defender yet but he has the tools.
    Last edited by gwrighter; 01-23-2013 at 08:59 AM.
    Win Championship [ ]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast