Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    good point. im just saying because jonas is soo limited offensivley, it wouldnt hurt for him to play with a great passer who can find him easy looks near the rim.
    I think Jonas is better offensively than he is defensively atm

vCash
    Yea. Jonas needs to add a lot more muscle to become a better defender. At this point, he's just an energy guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    I think Jonas is better offensively than he is defensively atm
    I think he just takes advantage of opportunities (ex: running on fastbreak, loose balls etc..) Basically the things we need him to do right now. His offensive game is still way too limited. The only real advantage I think he has when playing with Calderon is on the fast break. Other than that, he can't really set himself up to be directly involved in plays.

vCash
    Bargnani, valacunias, calderon, derozan should all be bench players....lowry, ross, anderson (maybe fields), davis, and amir (only cause we don't have any real starting centres) should start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeEyezKilla View Post
    Bargnani, valacunias, calderon, derozan should all be bench players....lowry, ross, anderson (maybe fields), davis, and amir (only cause we don't have any real starting centres) should start.
    i don't disagree with your evaluation necessarily of each player but that first unit will have a lot of trouble scoring and that second unit might be the worst defensively in the history (at the moment) of the NBA
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeEyezKilla View Post
    maybe keep amir on the bench so calderon has someone to work with in the second unit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Bargnani should be back soon considering he plays NBA games non-contact anyways.

so true

They tried getting him to practice on his own but he only ever took one shot because he couldn't secure the rebound.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i don't disagree with your evaluation necessarily of each player but that first unit will have a lot of trouble scoring and that second unit might be the worst defensively in the history (at the moment) of the NBA
    Why would they have such a hard time scoring? lowry, anderson and ross can all drive and shoot, Amir and Davis are great at the pick and roll. I actually don't like Amir in the starting lineup but Raptors have no one else who can really start, Valuncunias is not good enough to start. As for the bench, Yea they would be poor at defense but it`s better for them to play against backups than starters (all of those guys started previously). Also, just because they are on the bench doesn`t mean they`d all be out at one time.

vCash
    Bargnani should be back soon considering he plays NBA games non-contact anyways.
    Lol..spot on.

vCash
    For me.. a lineup that consists of:

Lowry
    Ross
    AA
    Amir
    Bargs/Val

could do very well being a second unit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    For me.. a lineup that consists of:

Lowry
    Ross
    AA
    Amir
    Bargs/Val

could do very well being a second unit.
    Bargnani
    Davis
    AA
    Ross
    Lowry

Both Bargnani & AA can create to a degree which would allow Lowry to be a scoring gaurd.

Davis is athletic & this teams best shot blocker/rebounder, reason for pairing him with Bargnani.

Ross, AA, Bargnani gives Lowry proper spacing for his drives & kicks.

Valanciunas
    Amir
    Fields
    Derozan
    Calderon

^ Simply put Calderon runs the p'n'r offence, fields plays off ball

Don't care which unit starts but think it should be Lowry's unit seeing that he's the future investment.

vCash
    I'm not being a Bargs fanboy but I do think when he gets back his game will improve, he is defiantly hearing all the trade, amnesty talk. So hopefully a strong finish into the season going into the offseason he might have some trade value, he would still be overpaid but 2 years at 10 million isn't real bad for a team looking for some offence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I'm not being a Bargs fanboy but I do think when he gets back his game will improve, he is defiantly hearing all the trade, amnesty talk. So hopefully a strong finish into the season going into the offseason he might have some trade value, he would still be overpaid but 2 years at 10 million isn't real bad for a team looking for some offence.
    I kinda agree ppl threw him under the bus so quick for underperforming, but Casey didn`t get him involved in the offense at all. He just made derozan the go to guy, even though Bargnani is 100 times better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    This is a good point. It wouldn't be that difficult to raise his value. Obviously he has to put in the effort, but even last year his trade value was pretty decent. To my knowledge we were offered a top five pick during the draft for him. If he put up a short run like that by the end of the year, we should be in a pretty good position in the offseason with looking at trades.

vCash
    LMAO! awesome

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast