Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

How to remove scratch on iPhone 4S

I think this is the right forum, feel free to move it if not.

Anyway, I noticed today that I have a scratch on my iPhone. It's not too deep or long, but I would still like to remove it. Does anyone have any methods or ideas that they've used? I've heard toothpaste works.
    Last edited by Green_Monster; 01-19-2013 at 03:10 PM.

vCash
    Who told you to put toothpaste on your phone? That sounds like someone saying to themselves "I bet I can get this guy to put toothpaste on his phone". Though it would be funnier if he told you semen would fix it.

I think that you can get it fixed/replaced at a genius bar (in Apple store).

If the toothpaste thing is true I would be extremely surprised. You might also be able to find replace places on Craigslist or locally.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Who told you to put toothpaste on your phone? That sounds like someone saying to themselves "I bet I can get this guy to put toothpaste on his phone". Though it would be funnier if he told you semen would fix it.

If the toothpaste thing is true I would be extremely surprised. You might also be able to find replace places on Craigslist or locally.
    Putting toothpaste on things like scratched disks takes the scratches out, it's pretty popular actually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

Ok, thanks.

A simple search of "How to fix scratch on iPhone" had several answers saying toothpaste. I was suprised myself and decided to ask here before doing anything stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    Ok, thanks.

A simple search of "How to fix scratch on iPhone" had several answers saying toothpaste. I was suprised myself and decided to ask here before doing anything stupid.
    If the toothpaste thing works, it would surprise me because it sounds like a prank to get someone to do something they shouldn't. I was just trying to be a little funny with the semen thing.

I don't know enough about chemistry and physics to say that the toothpaste thing would work or if it does why it works. But I do hope, despite the sarcasticness of my comment, that you can get that to work.

When I dropped by iPhone 4, there wasn't enough toothpaste in the world to fix it. But fortunately I had it for nearly 3 1/2 years so I had gotten good use out of it. I still use it as an iPod.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    The toothpaste could absolutely work in removing the scratch. I'd just be worried that it'll leave you screen fogged looking with tons of minuscule scratches.

It's like wet sanding.

I did it for a company I used to work for quite often. You take a semi-coarse substance (I used buffing polish that has mini granules in it. Tooth paste does as well) and vigorously wiped it on a scratch in a circular motion. Then, take a buffer and buff the polish off. Usually leaves gel-coated surfaces extra shiny and scratch free. I just worry how it'll work on a clear screen you're supposed to see through.

vCash
    I heard that vaseline works too but I've never tried it so use at your own risk lol

vCash
    I've heard that dog **** works..just rub it on there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    I've heard that dog **** works..just rub it on there.
    This. You have to use your finger though

vCash
    buy iphone 5. Thats what Apple would recommend.