Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    58
    vCash
    1500

    Realistic Rosters for 2013-14. Go.

    Lets put together some realistic rosters that you think the Suns could have at the start of next year.

    Mine would be.

    Dragic/Marshall(or a vet that we could sign)
    Monta Ellis/Draft Pick
    Tucker/Beasley
    Smith/Morris
    Scola/O'neal(or draft pick)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    That is my all out tank for the next 2 seasons plan .

    Dragic/Marshall
    Tucker/Shabazz(our pick)
    Chandler(trade Dudley and future pick)/Beasley/Dario Saric(Lakers pick)
    Frye/Kieff
    Noel(trade Gortat for another top 5 pick)/Oden(2 year deal)

    Back to the playoffs roster.

    Dragic/Marshall
    Tucker/Brown
    Gay(Dudley and Beas)/Shabazz(our pick)/Saric(LA's pick)
    J-Smoove(S&T with ATL for Gortat)/Kief
    Oden/Frye

    and finally. . .

    Dragic/Marshall
    Lee(Gortat to C's)/Shabazz(our pick)
    Williams(trade Dudz)/Beas
    Frye/Sullinger(Gortat to C's)
    Oden(2 year deal)/Melo(Gortat to C's)
    Last edited by mdm692; 01-19-2013 at 01:55 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    359
    vCash
    1500
    Dragic/ Marshall
    Tucker/ Wes
    Rudy/ Beasley
    Noels/Morris
    Oden/ Oneal

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,666
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by orgnpurple13 View Post
    Lets put together some realistic rosters that you think the Suns could have at the start of next year.

    Mine would be.

    Dragic/Marshall(or a vet that we could sign)
    Monta Ellis/Draft Pick
    Tucker/Beasley
    Smith/Morris
    Scola/O'neal(or draft pick)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    That is my all out tank for the next 2 seasons plan .

    Dragic/Marshall
    Tucker/Shabazz(our pick)
    Chandler(trade Dudley and future pick)/Beasley/Dario Saric(Lakers pick)
    Frye/Kieff
    Noel(trade Gortat for another top 5 pick)/Oden(2 year deal)

    Back to the playoffs roster.

    Dragic/Marshall
    Tucker/Brown
    Gay(Dudley and Beas)/Shabazz(our pick)/Saric(LA's pick)
    J-Smoove(S&T with ATL for Gortat)/Kief
    Oden/Frye

    and finally. . .

    Dragic/Marshall
    Lee(Gortat to C's)/Shabazz(our pick)
    Williams(trade Dudz)/Beas
    Frye/Sullinger(Gortat to C's)
    Oden(2 year deal)/Melo(Gortat to C's)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrescoLovesSuns View Post
    Dragic/ Marshall
    Tucker/ Wes
    Rudy/ Beasley
    Noels/Morris
    Oden/ Oneal
    No thanks to all the bolded players.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,666
    vCash
    1500
    My realistic roster wouldn't include taking on any new large contracts, trading for older players and/or players with contracts longer than the guys we are trading away. If we have to sign anyone it should be to 1 year deals (with team options for a 2nd year).

    Next season we just need to put a team on the court and meet the league minimums for rostered players (team salary and number of rostered players). Whoever we draft with our 1st pick needs to start from day 1. We need to maintain salary cap flexibility until there are free agents available who can actually help us going forward (which isn’t next off-season).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,666
    vCash
    1500
    * Duplicate post *

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    My realistic roster wouldn't include taking on any new large contracts, trading for older players and/or players with contracts longer than the guys we are trading away. If we have to sign anyone it should be to 1 year deals (with team options for a 2nd year).

    Next season we just need to put a team on the court and meet the league minimums for rostered players (team salary and number of rostered players). Whoever we draft with our 1st pick needs to start from day 1. We need to maintain salary cap flexibility until there are free agents available who can actually help us going forward (which isnít next off-season).
    Agreed. Unless we miraculously draw interest from one of the marquee guys then we shouldnt hand out a large, long term deal to anyone.

    Signing someone like Ellis, Smith, trading for Gay... those moves would just be treading water. We would improve but only to the point where we'd be fighting for 8th seeds again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •