Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    No squat rack or free weights. But one of the machine is huge and complex. It has 2 arms that come up and down, in and out, to about 30-40 different combo positions. So you can do a ton of workouts.

Any suggestions for best back, core, shoulder, etc using a machine? I will take a pic of the workout machine next time I'm there.

vCash
    sounds like freemotion. I can't really suggest specific workouts with that cuz I'm not too familiar with it, but you can probably youtube a bunch of freemotion exercises, it'll show you exactly how to set it up and all that. You'll be able to do alot with that.

this is probably a solid shoulder workout
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maCWaxD7O3U

and some back ones
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gFtCQf4z7U

I have a little experience with the freemotion machines that are muscle specific, and I've found it to be more beneficial to focus on form, control, and doing more reps (i do 12) rather than focusing on heavy weight.
    Last edited by nastynice; 01-22-2013 at 02:22 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    This.

Big, big mistake beginner strength athletes make is being picky about what they eat or try to count out their macros. Just eat, worry about that stuff when you wanna cut down.
    If you take two guys with the same build and put them side by side. One eats 4000 cals of whatever he wants. Pizza fast food etc and then you take the guy who eats 3000 calories of good quality food. You are telling me the results are going ot be the same 6 months down the road?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Ok guys, just need a little lifting advice.

I am not lifting to bulk up, or really gain any muscle mass. I'm starting lifting to mix into my weight loss routine, as I get burnt out doing cardio all the time, and I know lifting can be beneficial to weight loss as well.

At my apartments, we have a couple of nice weight machines. One your older standard with legs...bench/decline...pulldown/curls. The other is a newer machines with a ton of settings capable of 30-40 different lifts.

Right now I do cardio 4 days a week, but have considered going to lifting 1-2 days a week. This past week I started with something like this(I know it won't sound like a lot but it is for me)

3 sets of 8 bench
    3 sets of 8 decline
    3 sets of 8 pulldown
    3 sets of 8 bicep curls
    3 sets of 8 tricep
    Then some leg extension and curls, some sit ups

Is that a decent routine, or would I be better splitting some of that up in different days and adding different lifts?
    If they have any dumbells or anything do some single leg split squats for your legs

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...plitSquat.html

vCash
    Started strength training yesterday, when I have free time I may make a workout journal thread on here to track my progress if thats alright..? One quick question though, when deadlifting, is it better to use a regular bar or the hexagonal bar you stand in the middle of?

vCash
    Regular bar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller1532 View Post
    Started strength training yesterday, when I have free time I may make a workout journal thread on here to track my progress if thats alright..? One quick question though, when deadlifting, is it better to use a regular bar or the hexagonal bar you stand in the middle of?
    Based on studies the hex bar has more benefits then straight bar. Most gyms do not have a hex bar. I ave a bad lower back and since I am older I stay away from dead all together

vCash
    Trap bar doesnt translate well to deadlift

vCash
    I dont understand what you mean it does not translate well

vCash
    I am supposed to do deadlift today, but my legs are vary sore still from squats friday? Should I wait an extra day or two to do deadlift or should I just power through it today?

vCash
    Are they a lil sore or are they holy **** I cant walk sore. If its just a lil bit ride the bike before hand and get the blood flowing to your legs. Nothing crazy just a warm up

vCash
    What is everyones take on creatine? If anyone has experience with it did it make you stronger and more muscular? Or did you get the 'creatine belly?'

vCash
    I know nothing about the over the counter stuff. Just the good stuff lol

vCash
    I've had good results with creatine. Didn't really make me bloated, my abs (or lack of) is pretty much the same
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    My advise.

1. I like your routine but I would shorten it some. Your doing a lot and with 6' ft 155lbs your body is going to tire quickly. Then you will lose the desire.

2. I would eat healthy, don't eat junk man. Trust me its a bad idea and never works long term. Plus it trains bad habits. Use discipline and structure. Which if your under 30 can be hard at times.

3. I think your ok playing basketball hard. I would drink more water... a lot of water. Water works on many levels, to many to explain in detail.

4. I don't take creatine. I have taken it in the past. I got bloated and puffy. When I stopped taking it I felt no change. I felt nothing of great benefit.

5. I would eat more for sure. You need to add some weight, eat healthy options. Gain effective strength, don't starting eating Burger King daily.

6. Set goals, set a plan and stick to it. Its all about desire...everything in life. How bad do you want it?

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12