Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What to do at Inside Linebacker?

What are your thoughts about inside backer? London is weighing his options....I would love to get your perspective on short term and long term.

vCash
    At some point we will have to replace him...........he still can play at a high level though. I would guess the team is looking at options for Jackson when Rak comes back

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    Maybe next year when Ray Lewis comes out of retirement he'll join the skins.

vCash
    this should be titled "what to do at the secoundary and RT"...ILb is one of the deeper positions on our whole team..fletcher will not retire now that we are finally relevant and has one more year left on his contract...riley is the best ILB in our division..alexander is the perfect back-up, and keenan robinson is being groomed to start next to riley after next season.....
    i would not worry about getting back-ups when we need starters at other more critical positions

vCash
    Hopefully they will continue to develop guys like Robinson, Jackson, and Alexander and by the time Fletch hangs them up we will not be as badly hurt by it.

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

vCash
    Nothing, plenty of depth

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    this should be titled "what to do at the secoundary and RT"...ILb is one of the deeper positions on our whole team..fletcher will not retire now that we are finally relevant and has one more year left on his contract...riley is the best ILB in our division..alexander is the perfect back-up, and keenan robinson is being groomed to start next to riley after next season.....
    i would not worry about getting back-ups when we need starters at other more critical positions
    excellent points...you are right....we do have depth there...I guess I was wondering more-so about leadership....who will be the next quarter back of our d?

vCash
    Maybe Kerrigan. I don't know if he's a vocal leader, but the guy never misses a snap. Leads by example.

vCash
    dont really need a vocal leader on defense..we have RG3... just an intimidating unit...look at the Sf D...patrick willis is the leader and a quiet one...same goes for the steelers D and polymalu...

with orakpo, riley, kerrigan, and the DL, we should be an intimidating defense if the secoundary gets some patch-work

vCash
    I believe Manti Te'o is a 4-3 linebacker...but is a bit smaller in stature and there are some questions about speed, but other than this girlfriend thing, outstanding character...Sounds like London to me.

With all that has circulated....is there any chance he slips to us, if so, with our needs, would you be interested?

vCash
    I could imagine getting him.

vCash
    no way he slips to the 2nd round...i dont think he slips past the top15... the giants alone would jump all over him..

vCash
    Anybody heard of Jordan Campbell.... seems to be off everyone's radar. Kid plays OLB and MLB. Plays hard every play...sideline to sideline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DgDePoVAjk

vCash
    I'm worried about us being able to resign Rob Jackson at OLB. He looked good enough in Orakpo's absence to draw interest from teams that might be able to promise him a shot at competing for a starting spot, which is a huge incentive for a player and an opportunity he won't have with the us with Orakpo ahead of him.
    Last edited by SkinsFan4Life71; 01-28-2013 at 03:24 PM.

vCash
    We have so many of our own free agents to sign. We can't even worry about outside guys. I'm hoping Chase Minnifield stays healthy and becomes an outside shot huge pick up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast