Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Game 39: Golden State Warriors (23-15) @ New Orleans Hornets (13-26)

@

Saturday, January 19th, 2013
    5:00PM Pacific Time

New Orleans Arena
    New Orleans, Lousiana
    The 504

PROJECTED LINEUPS

The Dubs

New Orleans Hornets

THE RUNDOWN

Don't count the Hornets out.

Warriors road record: 11-9
    Hornets home record: 6-13

Thread goal: 300 posts
    Last edited by MackShock; 01-19-2013 at 08:04 PM.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Battle of the Rookies.

vCash
    I wanna see Bazemore get more PT.... Klay clearly is crap without curry, which is kind of a good sign. I want to see his offensive ability. He was dominating the D-League, yet he hasn't gotten a chance to get in double figures yet. I hope jackson takes this game against a lowly New Orleans team, and gives Bazemore PT. let Klay rest some

fail

vCash
    this isnt training camp, they really do need to pick up a win here. they cant let this losing streat keep going. its weird though. whenever a team plays the warriors after that team played poorly in their previous game... they come in and play really well. The warriors dont seem to play better after playing a bad game. Although- they did play a little bit better against the spurs than the heat. most teams would blow a team like the hornets out if they were in the situation the warriors have been in lately.

The warriors might be tanking.... but if they still care about winning, the players should want this one really really really bad. and if a team witht he warriors record really wants a win against a team with the hornets record.... it should be a 25 point blow out.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    this isnt training camp, they really do need to pick up a win here. they cant let this losing streat keep going. its weird though. whenever a team plays the warriors after that team played poorly in their previous game... they come in and play really well. The warriors dont seem to play better after playing a bad game. Although- they did play a little bit better against the spurs than the heat. most teams would blow a team like the hornets out if they were in the situation the warriors have been in lately.

The warriors might be tanking.... but if they still care about winning, the players should want this one really really really bad. and if a team witht he warriors record really wants a win against a team with the hornets record.... it should be a 25 point blow out.
    Agree except there's no way they're tanking. They lost to the clips, grizzlies, nuggets, heat, and spurs. All really good teams

vCash
    hmmm..the hornets have been a good team as of late..cant count em out.

n i saw basedmore in meaningful minutes yesterday..looked like he didnt want to play or be there. i dont know if he had jitters or not, but he was standing around and did not slash or anything and waited for the ball to come to him, or just watched others do their thing. NOT impressed.

But he looks like he has gorilla arms and has lots of length, which makes for good defense and can be pesky. He also got 4 rebs in 6 minutes of work..not too shabby

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Even though I still believe in Thompson, if Bazemore can start playing well, I wouldn't be against moving Thompson to the bench. Bazemore would give the starting unit a different type of player, which I think would help the team overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    i havent seen any of his highlights or anything .. but id at least like to see him as klay's backup to see what he can do. but as of right now is steph backing up klay when jack comes in, or klay moving to the 3. id like to see bazemore get some time behind klay. it allows for a more traditional lineup. but as of right now i think jackson is going with a defensive minded lineup so he plays draymond

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    12th man on the bench. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Anyways, Hornets are -5.5 favorites for this game. People are betting big on the Hornets.

vCash
    this would only make sense if one of the teams was thought to be tanking
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Starting Bazemore over Thompson might be one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. I would expect something like that to be posted by ODP, come on now MIBS.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    These are games where we have to shut them out by halftime, then seal the lid in the 3rd quarter. Like always, they somehow will manage to keep this a close game.

Hornets expect Eric Gordon to play today

vCash
    Former Hornets forward Carl Landry will start in place of David Lee for the Golden State Warriors Saturday night against the Hornets. Lee has a sore ankle. Also, guard Stephen Curry will start after missing the previous two games with a sprained right ankle.
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/team/135...rl-landry.html

vCash
    I know the Hornets are playing well, but the Warriors need to kick the living **** out of them.

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5

vCash

Curry will play against the Hornets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast