Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 95
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,258
    vCash
    1500
    People saying that Dirk did it with no great players are delusional

    Chandler is one of the best defensive bigs in the league if not the best, Kidd has one of the highest IQ's ever and rarely makes mistakes, Terry was one of the best 6th man in the league, They perimeter defenders in Stevenson & Marion, Barea could drive and kick... The team was loaded.

    & the East wasn't really weak like all of you say, Celtics, Hawks, & Magic were damn good in 08-10

    But I ignore people who discredit championships in anyway.. A ring is a ring no matter how you get it.. It isn't like LeBron is on Steroids or something

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,835
    vCash
    2766
    This thread is about 6 months too late.
    To the OP, I'd suggest posting where people are saying there's an asterisk next to his name. I can't remember the last time people claimed it wasn't deserving. If a new debate was sparked up about this, I haven't seen it yet.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    9,818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketLoc80 View Post
    People will go any length to discredit this man saying he got lucky or Miami Beat OKC by luck or he won`t win another chip>? I have never even seen so much hate for one player man. Makes me want to root for him more man. Even win one more MVP,FMVP and Championship to really shut up so-called critics.(Kobe,Melo, and even Durant fans)
    No one is saying he got lucky against OKC...just every single 50/50 call in his favor.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...nt-of-the-time

    In an NBA Finals full of 50-50 calls, LeBron is winning 100 percent of the time



    MIAMI -- I present the following not as a conspiracy theory, but as a fact:

    A judgment call by an official late in Game 2 of the NBA Finals went in favor of LeBron James, and that judgment call allowed the Heat to escape with a victory against the Thunder. Three days later, on Sunday night, a judgment call by an official again went in favor of LeBron James -- and that call allowed the Heat to hit the clinching free throw and escape Game 3 with a 91-85 victory.

    Again, that's not me launching a conspiracy theory. That's me telling you the way that it is, and the way it is has the Heat holding a 2-1 lead on the Thunder -- with both wins sealed by a referee's decision of a 50-50 call in favor of LeBron James.

    Well, hold on -- I'm trying to deal with facts here, not theories, so let me clear up one fact in that last sentence:

    Those were not 50-50 calls that went in favor of LeBron James. That would be generous to the officials, and I'm not in a generous mood to say either call looked as close as a 50-50 proposition. Not Thursday in Game 2, and not Sunday in Game 3, when a bizarre call -- dare I say phantom call -- 45 feet from the basket sent James to the foul line with 16.2 seconds left and the Heat holding a three-point lead. James hit the second of two free throws to make it a four-point game, a two-possession game, and it was essentially over.

    Reggie Miller wasn't walking through that door, and the Thunder would have no miracle finish. Not on a night when they were more Keystone Kop than NBA finalist, their sloppy game capped by Thabo Sefolosha's inbounds pass to nobody with 15 seconds left that finished the Thunder for good.

    Although that phantom call pretty much finished them first.

    If you saw the call late in Game 3, you know what I'm talking about. Unless you're a Heat fan, and then never mind. For everyone else, you saw Thunder guard James Harden harassing James on the perimeter, pressuring the ball loose and then staying uncomfortably close as James regained control. As Harden hovered nearby, James lurched into him once, then twice. The second time, Harden went to the floor.

    Flop? Probably, yeah. But when the official blew his whistle, it wasn't a 50-50 call because there were three options, two of them favoring the Thunder: One, no call at all. Two, a charge on James. Three, blocking on Harden. The referee went with No. 3, and the game was basically over. The three-time MVP was given two free throws with 16.2 seconds left, needing to hit just one to put the game essentially out of reach. James hit one.

    Game over.

    Also déjà vu -- because James received a similarly generous whistle in the previous game. You saw that call, too, so you know exactly what I'm talking about. Unless you're a Heat fan, in which case you'll want to ignore LeBron's left forearm on Durant's upper body as Durant goes up for a 10-footer with 11 seconds left and the Thunder needing two points to tie the game.

    No whistle. The shot missed, James rebounded and was fouled, and he went to the line with the chance to make it a two-possession game in the final seconds. That was Game 2. But it was also Game 3.

    And this is not a conspiracy theory, because if it were, I'd note that Kevin Durant received a lousy whistle in Game 3. (See for yourself. Here were the first four fouls.) The first foul, ironically enough, came when Durant had the ball in his hands and gave to Dwyane Wade the same sort of shoulder that LeBron gave to Harden in the final seconds. The results? Offensive foul on Durant. Defensive foul on Harden.

    Durant spent several minutes on the bench with foul trouble, including the game-changing span late in the third quarter when the Thunder surrendered a 10-point lead shortly after Durant was sent to the bench with his fourth foul against Wade -- on a play where it sure looked like Durant didn't touch Wade. As he stood near the Thunder bench, Durant muttered to himself these words:

    "I didn't touch him."

    After the game, Durant was more charitable.

    "I try not to concern myself with the officiating," he said. "They're going to make their calls, and there's nothing we can do about it. We can't change it. Just got to play through it. There's going to be some calls they may miss. They're human."

    Well said, and so true, and also skirting the issue that officials have helped decide each of the last two games of the NBA Finals, both in favor of the Miami Heat, by giving the benefit of the doubt -- perhaps a little bit more than that -- to the most famous basketball player in the world. It would be naïve to say officials aren't influenced by the level of fame in front of them, which is why Daequan Cook can flop all game and get nothing, while Dwyane Wade comes apart like Mr. Potato Head and gets rewarded with a trip to the line.

    It's a rigged game, but usually it's a fair game. The referees are so bad, so affected by the star power in front of them, that the calls usually even out. Both teams tend to have stars, so both teams tend to get atrocious calls on their behalf. Kobe Bryant probably owes 1,000 of his 29,484 career points -- roughly 12 percent of his made free throws -- to generous calls, the kind of calls you get when you're Kobe Bryant, but not when you're Thabo Sefolosha. This is the way of the NBA: Officials are incompetent, but they're so incompetent that neither team gets an edge.

    That's not much for comfort, but that's as much as I can offer. Only I can't offer it today, not to the Thunder, because they have almost as much star power as the Heat, yet they're not getting the calls at the end of the game. The Heat got those calls. The Heat got those games.

    The Heat might just be two games away from winning a championship, and if this trend continues, we'll remember these as the NBA Finals that were decided by an official's call. And not one. Not two. Not ...
    Last edited by amos1er; 01-19-2013 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Drob is better than both (Referring to Magic and Bird), they just played on way better teams in there primes. Let Drob in his prime play with Worthy and Kareem. Or Dennis Johnson, Kevin Mchale, and Chief all in there prime.

    David one two rings with less talent when he was old and decrepit.

    Those guys have more Rings, David has more stats.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    488
    vCash
    1500
    *see lockout shortened season
    * see Derek Rose holding his knee, holding his knee and down.
    * see super team trio big 3
    *see numerous flops

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    64,644
    vCash
    2300
    Discredit it all you want, the records will still show he has a ring and that's all that really matters.



    Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,188
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I think it's becoming glaringly clear that athletes aren't often good role models. Being able to play a sport is not something really admirable.

    However, rooting for and against people is just part of fans. I like LeBron more than Nicki does, I think that's clear...that's just how it goes. I don't "hero worship" him, I just like to stand up for him. I really only started "liking" him when I came to PSD and as his hate started to increase.
    Thats cool, but im talking about the posters who want to jump off a bridge because someone thinks lebron is better that MJ, or that Melo should be included in MVP talk just because he's......well Melo. Why cant all of these guys just be great at the same time in their own right? Just silliness.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,188
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Discredit it all you want, the records will still show he has a ring and that's all that really matters.
    Exactly. Johan Santana threw the Mets first ever no hitter this year and who remembers that Beltrans ball hit the chalk now? Its over, a ring is a ring....people need to move on.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    189
    vCash
    1500
    I would argue that until last year, Wade and Bosh together weren't going to win anything so they both took a step back last season and let Lebron be Lebron. And really it's Lebron James' team now.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    242
    vCash
    1500
    He's twice as gifted, twice as physically talented as any player in the league, hands down. Is he twice as good as any player in the league. No. Draw your own conclusions... The man started out the game with Boardwalk and Park Place and still needed a nudge to get passed Go...

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,722
    vCash
    1500
    This thread man SMH. He left Cleveland because they were so ridiculously hopeless at surrounding him with talent. They had probably the most talented player the game has ever seen for 7 years and the best player he ever played with in Cleveland is Mo Williams. MO ****ing Williams!

    You think Jordan would have stayed in Chicago if he had no help? Or Duncan in San Antonio? or Bird in Boston? Or Kobe in LA? Or Magic in LA? The one thing all these great players who won multiple championships (while playing for the same team their whole careers) have in common is that they played with multiple other HOFers. You cant win on your own in this league and he got sick of having no help, you really cant blame him.

    In regards to last year being lock-out shortened, thats a load of BS. Everyone had to play the same season. And for those who say some new teams didnt get a chance to play together and build chemistry thats irrelevant aswell because their weren't any true contenders who fit that criteria.

    People just love to hate him because of "The Decision" and the misconception that he "abandoned" Cleveland. Its getting really old.
    THE BAY IS BACK


  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,604
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by envymamba24 View Post
    I honestly haven't heard much of that, but coming from a guy who truly believes lebron is a dbag and can't stand him...the man is still the best player in the world and I could see him winning 3 or 4 more championships (though I don't want him to).
    Lol. LeBron is a dbag? Look at your favorite player...


    #wankfortiggins

  12. #87
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,138
    vCash
    1800
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Nicki asking someone to look something up for him, stunna!

    Dirk: 23.4
    Chandler: 18.4
    Marion: 17.0
    Terry: 15.9

    Yes, Dirk won with a relatively weak supporting cast. One of the single greatest individual feats I've ever seen. He did something that LeBron, MJ, Kobe, Bird, Magic, Duncan, Shaq, etc. never did in this regard. Very impressive.

    Nothing in my post is discredited by this, however.
    This is just the regular season too i believe. If we look at the mavs in the playoffs they had people playing great. Nowitzki, Chandler, and Terry all shot over TS% 60 and also had win shares of .21, .188, .179 respectively. Their PER were 25.2. 15.2 (while carrying the defensive load), and 20.3. Also the depth of that team was great for the playoffs with 6 players above a 15 per and a couple defensive specialists like mahinmi and stevenson. Not trying to discredit dirk in any way, just pointing out that the team as a whole played great. Dirk was the clear leader but many players stepped up and played great throughout the playoffs, he didn't just do it on his own.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    242
    vCash
    1500
    By the way, I do recall a lot of people discrediting the spurs lockout title. I'm not one of them, just sayin... But I do discredit Lebron's ring. Refs man, refs. Yeah, I know I'm a hater (you sociopath), but I don't recognize the Rock's belt either (or whoever, I don't watch wrestling.)

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    697
    vCash
    1500
    just the same reason why you ask a person to repeat a trick after the 1st time you saw it?

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    461
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    No one is saying he got lucky against OKC...just every single 50/50 call in his favor.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...nt-of-the-time
    This is my problem, and anyone can try and discredit it, but bron gets calls that noone else does , as all the greats do. I think its really tough to take on Lebron and the refs / nba. This is purely my opinion from watching the playoffs last season.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •