Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We didn't have a 3rd round pick. Bergstrom was taken after the 3rd round was completed.

You can't really be suggesting that was the difference. Seymour taking the year off was a bigger issue.

-Stork

vCash
    I have to admit that I am a bit befuddled over the departure from the zone blocking/west coast offense. Not that I am a big believer in that scheme but it has its advantages, I agree that the Raiders offensive roster best suits what Hue Jackson was trying to do, but why did Allen make the transition to begin with? I do know this, switching offensive philosophies over season is not a good recipe for success. I am a believer in continuity.

I have been reading some rumors about possible rule changes that would eliminate the cut blocking emphasized in the zone scheme. That would be a logical explanation for the transition back to power blocking.

vCash
    I think a lot of us are just pretending to be excited, because there are a lot of great and loyal raider fans in this forum. But i'm actually not cool with this hire. Didn't seem like he was in hight demand.

vCash
    ^ Don't you get it man... The Raiders are targeting top five draft picks for the next 3 or 4 years. That's the only logic here because hires like this one really make you question both Allen and McKinzie. I just hope in one of those years they draft a QB to move forward.

If we stay the course and follow the Allen and McKinzie plan we should be in good shape by say...2018.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Allen had better win 7 games or lose ten by a combined ten points if he wants to be employed by the Raiders in 2014. I don't agree with the reactionary culture of the NFL, but that's the world we live in. Pat Shurmur had Cleveland going in the right direction, now he is unemployed.

vCash
    I feel like this hire just just shows that the Raiders and RM are gambling big time on guys they think will be good coaches in a year or two. I think RM is betting that Allen and Olson will develop, the team will get better and the organization will turn around and he can have a Raider team that is solid year in and year out like a Baltimore or Green Bay. I hope he's right because as of now, I'm not buying it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Thanks for the uplifting visit lol. It couldn`t be much worse than the Raiders scoring 3 points the entire season through the first quarter, a record never to be matched again in my lifetime.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and this post is ********!!
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    I'm not excited with this move. But I'm coming to the realization that he is the only guy that wanted the position.
    I'd prefer somebody that wants to be here over somebody that settles to be here.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    This guy is more credible than hue..who was a solid oc....some of yall just hate for hates sake

vCash
    Being from the area....I remember him with the Bears. Don't. Know much about him though...Sounds promising though!

vCash
    Its not that I think he can't get the most (or at least more than Knapp) out of the players

it's his play-calling. I'll take the wait and see approach like we'll all have to do and hope for the best but from what we're hearing it's not good. I think Palmer will be the best Qb Olsen has worked with in a while so maybe the play-calling won't be as suspect, especially if thjey get the run game going.

I just hope to God that they aren't gonna put all their hopes into guys like Darren Mcfadden and these same receivers again. Somebody new has got to come in and move the chains. I wouldn't rely on anyone on offense besides the damn fullback to catch the ball, and even he dropped a couple the past game.

If Reggie does go forward, not adding pretty much anything to the receiving core, we better hope Olsen has the secret to butterfingers or this offense is ****ed. SO many drops this past yr..

vCash
    At least he has success as an OC, unlike Knapp. With the vacancies at the head coach positions, who would sign as another team's OC with a shot at snagging a higher position? I think the Raiders made a decent selection given the remaining names that didn't sign as head coaches. They probably could have done better, but this will be solid overall. Sounds like he's willing to play to the Raiders' strengths, and maybe a change of scenery is what he needs given what some grateful (for being rid of Olson) Bucs fans have posted in this thread. Knapp is a good QB coach, but to Manning? I think Manning will be his own coach, and rightfully so We'll see how everything plays out in Oakland.

vCash
    Why is everyone setting up the coaching staff for failure? theres no wa they get this roster playing playoff quality football anytime soon. Their only job is to continue to improve the team, and continues to allow Reggie to evaluate players. Thats why they are here, to BUILD not to win a superbowl.

Theres a reason Reggie picked Allen as "his man" because hes using Allen and Allen picked Tarver, to do his field work, to keep his team accountable, to tryout players, and find those hidden gems like Burris.

Reggie needs more time, he still has plenty of roster spots to fill. We cannot judge our season by wins or losses, but by improvement. Trust me, its not the same thing.

For those who say Hue had us near the playoff's, they are right, but he was just using Al type patchwork. He was swinging for the fences when all he needed was a few basehits.
    Last edited by LAOwnsAll15; 01-20-2013 at 02:02 AM.

vCash
    I dont know how guys can really get on DA for not having a better defense then he did. I mean look at what he had to work with and that question is answered. The best DC in the league couldnt do any better with that group. THe corners were practice squad guys and 3rd a 4rth stringers. His DL was either hurt most the season or just guys who dont have motication. His LB group also had its own issues and DA still did make improvements in areas. lets see what he can do with a better group first before we take the guy out back and shot him.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    I go out of town and miss all the excitement one of y'all should have text me JK

Sounds like this guy could be our ticket to a few more wins next season!
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast