Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I am losing more and more confidence in Reggie by the day. For those of you criticizing us for being skeptical, lets not pretend we didn't give Reggie the benefit of the doubt when he paraded Greg Freaking Knapp through the Coliseum for a second go round at Knapp time. Reggie has done absolutely nothing but made the organization worse in his first year so he has A LOT to prove first before I give him the benefit of the doubt again.

Heaven forbid we bring in a proven winner, apparently that is just too much to ask. Its not like we had Al Saunders waiting loyally in the wing or anything even after the new regime has proceeded to treat him like garbage.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I am losing more and more confidence in Reggie by the day. For those of you criticizing us for being skeptical, lets not pretend we didn't give Reggie the benefit of the doubt when he paraded Greg Freaking Knapp through the Coliseum for a second go round at Knapp time. Reggie has done absolutely nothing but made the organization worse in his first year so he has A LOT to prove first before I give him the benefit of the doubt again.

Heaven forbid we bring in a proven winner, apparently that is just too much to ask. Its not like we had Al Saunders waiting loyally in the wing or anything even after the new regime has proceeded to treat him like garbage.
    We here are HARDLY the only ones being skeptical.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...tor-greg-olson

Plenty of people there eyeing this as very possibly Knapp Redux. They couldn't
    get Mike Martz so they got Fake Mike Martz. One is SURELY as bad as the other.

*SIGH*

My only hope at all, gleaned from that article, is this:

>>The main difference is in the track record with players who thrived in his system. Carson Palmer, Darren McFadden, and Marcel Reece are three such players who should do well with Olson. That could make all the difference. We shall see.<<

Great. An offensive scheme that depends on Palmer being able to throw accurately
    deep down the field. Honestly man, this sucks. We shall see, indeed.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    I am not sure Saunders wanted the job. He is being paid very well as a senior offensive assistant and from what I have read was very involved with the selection process. Knapp was a big mistake and I was critical of his hire, he stunk it up the first go around. I am not debating the negativity, but the more I read about Olson the more I like the hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    We here are HARDLY the only ones being skeptical.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...tor-greg-olson

Plenty of people there eyeing this as very possibly Knapp Redux. They couldn't
    get Mike Martz so they got Fake Mike Martz. One is SURELY as bad as the other.

*SIGH*

My only hope at all, gleaned from that article, is this:

>>The main difference is in the track record with players who thrived in his system. Carson Palmer, Darren McFadden, and Marcel Reece are three such players who should do well with Olson. That could make all the difference. We shall see.<<

Great. An offensive scheme that depends on Palmer being able to throw accurately
    deep down the field. Honestly man, this sucks. We shall see, indeed.
    We shall see, but Palmer still has a very good deep ball. If he can stay clean in the pocket he should thrive.

vCash
    I also believe its do or die for Coach Allen in 2013. Mark Davis is getting impatient and Jon Gruden is waiting in the wings. I don't place much stock in the Jon Gruden rumors however a return to the Raiders under the right circumstances seems logical, if Allen loses more than 9 games next season it may be inevitable.

vCash
    I am going on record as saying we will be 10-6 or 11-5 with our new oc

vCash
    ohh..and Palmer will have a career year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    I am going on record as saying we will be 10-6 or 11-5 with our new oc
    I hope you are right! With the shedding that needs to be done this offseason, I think "6 wins and overall growth" is our current upside.

vCash
    I'd very much like to keep the faith, but I have to agree. McKenzie needs some things to start going right.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMClarkent View Post
    I hope you are right! With the shedding that needs to be done this offseason, I think "6 wins and overall growth" is our current upside.
    Which is kinda sad, considering the guy they fired that started all this mess... they
    fired him 'cause he "only" had 8 wins. How the mighty have fallen.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    Which is kinda sad, considering the guy they fired that started all this mess... they
    fired him 'cause he "only" had 8 wins. How the mighty have fallen.
    This team was 4-12 in '97, 4-12 in '03, 5-11 in '04, 4-12 in '05, 2-14 in '06, 4-12 in '07, 5-11 in '08, 5-11 in '09, 8-8 in '10 and 8-8 in '11.

The 'mighty' weren't all that mighty to begin with.

DA will have a substantially improved roster in 2013. The defensive improvement alone is worth another win or two; the offense is virtually guaranteed to be better, just by moving back to a power-blocking scheme that can get DMC back to 3.8ypc in the 5 games he's "100%" healthy.

This OC hire doesn't do much for my confidence, but there's no way this team is as bad as it was in 2012. Reggie will build the roster on a thrifty budget for the next 2-3 years -- and, at some point, some coach, somewhere, will come to Oakland and get the Silver and Black back where they belong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    This team was 4-12 in '97, 4-12 in '03, 5-11 in '04, 4-12 in '05, 2-14 in '06, 4-12 in '07, 5-11 in '08, 5-11 in '09, 8-8 in '10 and 8-8 in '11.

The 'mighty' weren't all that mighty to begin with.

DA will have a substantially improved roster in 2013. The defensive improvement alone is worth another win or two; the offense is virtually guaranteed to be better, just by moving back to a power-blocking scheme that can get DMC back to 3.8ypc in the 5 games he's "100%" healthy.

This OC hire doesn't do much for my confidence, but there's no way this team is as bad as it was in 2012. Reggie will build the roster on a thrifty budget for the next 2-3 years -- and, at some point, some coach, somewhere, will come to Oakland and get the Silver and Black back where they belong.
    While I agree that we won't be as bad as 2012, I can't see a Allen/Tarver/Olson staff taking us to the playoffs. I am still extremely disappointed by the overall lack of improvement with the D last year... thats excluding the 5 steps back we took on offense. At the very least you'd think the D would have been noticeably better than Chuck's but it wasn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 00raider81 View Post
    That's funny, when all that went on, there were rumors he called out the "new" system and then decided to bolt. Don't see him back though.
    If DA is half a coach he would bring him back in a heart beat.... Admit when you're wrong and move on I'm sure he didn't exit on bad terms. We need him back and Tim Brown as WR coach. :-)

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Tough to play D without any players. But yeah, I was disappointed as well.

-Stork

vCash
    If we hadn't wasted our 3rd on a ZBS guard, that more than likely could have gone a long way.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast