Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Heat fan logic:
    Brandon Jennings once scored 55. He is the better player because of that.

vCash
    BTW OKC leads the NBA by a wide margin in free throw shooting percentage (last year they did as well). So when you're shooting 84 percent as a team from the line that means they are converting nearly 4 of the 5 extra free throw attempts per game. If you don't think an extra 4 free throws made per game adds up, you're an idiot. Besides that's just the average. There are plenty of games like last night where there is a big disparity in attempts.

I mean the free throw difference is contributing to nearly half of their overall point differential.

vCash
    durant needs to get stronger.....he only has one valuable asset

vCash
    http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...om-free-throws

OKC leads the league in percentage of scoring that comes from free throws of their total offense as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...om-free-throws

OKC leads the league in percentage of scoring that comes from free throws of their total offense as well.
    Not really a coincidence considering they have the best FT shooting team in the league shooting almost 84%... They don't however take the most free throws in the league, and the way K-mart, Kevin Durant, and Westbrook slash to the basket it isn't surprising that they do get to the line, and as they are all great FT shootings Kmart who is currently 1st in the league. They simply make their free throws more than anyone else in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    ****ing impressive.

52 points on 31 shots.

21-21 FT.

wow.
    13/31 is impressive? More like chucking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    Not really a coincidence considering they have the best FT shooting team in the league shooting almost 84%... They don't however take the most free throws in the league, and the way K-mart, Kevin Durant, and Westbrook slash to the basket it isn't surprising that they do get to the line, and as they are all great FT shootings Kmart who is currently 1st in the league. They simply make their free throws more than anyone else in the league.
    2nd in attempts, 3rd in differential. It has a lot to do with how many they make as I already stated but they are also getting a lot more than they should be. Look over their offense on team rankings and you'll quickly establish they are a jumpshooting team who doesn't score much inside (on slashing either because that would count as points in the paint). Most of the teams near the top in attempts would be considered as inside teams (Nuggets, Lakers, Wolves etc all live in the paint mostly and shoot poorly outside).
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 01-19-2013 at 04:26 PM.

vCash
    2nd in attempts, 3rd in differential. It has a lot to do with how many they make as I already stated but they are also getting a lot more than they should be. Look over their offense on team rankings and you'll quickly establish they are a jumpshooting team who doesn't score much inside (on slashing either because that would count as points in the paint). Most of the teams near the top in attempts would be considered as inside teams (Nuggets, Lakers, Wolves etc all live in the paint mostly and shoot poorly outside).
    Charlotte is even lower in Points in the paint, and they're in 2nd in the league in points by free throw %... Is the league rigging games for them too??

vCash
    I just dug deeper. OKC is the ONLY team in the NBA that's top 15 (number 2 in free throw attempts) that is top 10 in 3 point shooting. Not to mention the only team not in the top 15 in points in the paint per game that is in the top 10 in free throw attempts. In other words every single other team that shoots a high volume of free throws is a team that scores very well/efficiently in the paint. Well outside of the Bobcats who are terrible at EVERYTHING besides drawing fouls.

That OKC ref love!
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 01-19-2013 at 04:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    Charlotte is even lower in Points in the paint, and they're in 2nd in the league in points by free throw %... Is the league rigging games for them too??
    Bad example. Charlotte is near dead last in the NBA in outside shooting as well. They are just an atrocious all around team. Bad at everything, doesn't take away from the point I was making. Besides Charlotte is a very physical, gritty team in comparison. If anything they are an anomaly.

vCash
    I just dug deeper. OKC is the ONLY team in the NBA that's top 15 (number 2 in free throw attempts) that is top 10 in 3 point shooting. Not to mention the only team not in the top 15 in points in the paint per game that is in the top 10 in free throw attempts. In other words every single other team that shoots a high volume of free throws is a team that scores very well/efficiently in the paint. Well outside of the Bobcats who are terrible at EVERYTHING besides drawing fouls.

That OKC ref love!
    I agree that OKC gets ref love but a lot of that is from K Mart.
    I remember in one of his past seasons he was number one in free-throw and 3 point attempts.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    There's only one God in the NBA, and he goes by LeBron James.
    What a stupid thing to say in this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    I agree that OKC gets ref love but a lot of that is from K Mart.
    I remember in one of his past seasons he was number one in free-throw and 3 point attempts.
    Kmart, Durant and Westbrook all get a ton of free throws. It's no coincidence that Kevin and Kevin are both scrawny, floppy guys who you aren't allowed to get near without a foul call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVNowitzki View Post
    13/31 is impressive? More like chucking.
    13/31 is not impressive BUT 52 points on 31 shots is.

He also had TS% of 64 last night. Whether the refs handed them (FTs) to him or not.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Bad example. Charlotte is near dead last in the NBA in outside shooting as well. They are just an atrocious all around team. Bad at everything, doesn't take away from the point I was making. Besides Charlotte is a very physical, gritty team in comparison. If anything they are an anomaly.
    What about Toronto? Bottom 4 in Points in the paint, top 10 in FT shooting also top 10 in 3PT shooting? And what About Chicago?? 19 in points in the paint, while 4th in points from free throws, in fact the difference in OKC and Chicago is under 2 percent
    Also Charlotte shoots 2.8 three pointers less than OKC, in fact OKC isn't even in the top 10 in 3pt shooting attempts.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast